Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio when bulking, need advice.

What’s up everyone,

I love working out in general but I definitely prefer running and cardio over lifting weights. I am aware that too much cardio can kill any gains, but I don’t want to cut cardio out completely.

Prior to weight lifting I used to run about 30-50km a week, obviously I have toned that down now as I don’t want to lose progress made with the weight lifting.

Are there any specific workout programmes that help incorporate a decent amount of cardio as well as lifting to optimise gains.

My goal is to have a muscular, yet ripped athletic body, I don’t want to be jacked up and have no gas tank, thanks guys

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If it doesn't affect your gym performance - and you can eat enough to cover the calories burned and still gain weight then it's all good.

Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beepeear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If it doesn't affect your gym performance - and you can eat enough to cover the calories burned and still gain weight then it's all good.
    Oh awesome, so as long as I’m making up the calories I have burnt off during cardio sessions it won’t effect my ability to build muscle?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Beepeear View Post
    Oh awesome, so as long as I’m making up the calories I have burnt off during cardio sessions it won’t effect my ability to build muscle?
    Not unless your lifts suffer as a result of the fatigue

Emotional inTelligence etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If someone has a strong cardio/conditioning base, their lifts won't suffer. In fact, they will recover faster in between some real hard sets, therefore being able to speedily improve on volume, and subsequently, improve in both strength and lean muscle mass. But, I would never recommend doing long-distance type cardiovascular training (e.g; long-distance running/jogging, cycling, swimming...any long-distance sport or activity) on top of hard weight lifting. Try HIIT, SIT and some 30 minute LISS sessions to mix it up and to keep getting increasingly athletic-looking results.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Not unless your lifts suffer as a result of the fatigue
    I checked progress of that and I am comfortably able to slowly increase my
    weights and reps using correct form without any onset of fatigue, I will look to slowly increase my cardio over the next few weeks and keep track, thanks for your help man

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    If someone has a strong cardio/conditioning base, their lifts won't suffer. In fact, they will recover faster in between some real hard sets, therefore being able to speedily improve on volume, and subsequently, improve in both strength and lean muscle mass. But, I would never recommend doing long-distance type cardiovascular training (e.g; long-distance running/jogging, cycling, swimming...any long-distance sport or activity) on top of hard weight lifting. Try HIIT, SIT and some 30 minute LISS sessions to mix it up and to keep getting increasingly athletic-looking results.
    Awesome advice, I will definitely take that on board and try the different sessions, thanks for the help