Bsztianek is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for advice and tipps through my bulking phase

Hello people of the Bodybuilding.com Forum,

me a 16 year old teenager who has to suffer puberty is currently (around) 72kg at the age of 16 and a height of about 188cm/6'1.
    After 5 months of doing basic exercises at home and body recomposition, I finally decided to get a gym membership and to bulk up until around April 2020, then cut until summer.
    When I started with my bulking I was around 70kg. I'm eating currently 2800 on a day where I went to the gym, and 2600kcal on rest days (about 350g Carbs/150g Protein/80g Fat). I go around 3 days a week to the gym at 3h per session (fullbody workout).

Now my question is if anybody is willing to give me some advice when they were around my age or when they bulked for the first time.
    Maybe some things that I should consider etc.

Please don't be that harsh with me, this is my first post.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Check out these two links and read the threads/information contained inside. Some great basic info that every lifter/athlete should know.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=136691851

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=133634471
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bsztianek View Post
    Hello people of the Bodybuilding.com Forum,

me a 16 year old teenager who has to suffer puberty is currently (around) 72kg at the age of 16 and a height of about 188cm/6'1.
    After 5 months of doing basic exercises at home and body recomposition, I finally decided to get a gym membership and to bulk up until around April 2020, then cut until summer.
    When I started with my bulking I was around 70kg. I'm eating currently 2800 on a day where I went to the gym, and 2600kcal on rest days (about 350g Carbs/150g Protein/80g Fat). I go around 3 days a week to the gym at 3h per session (fullbody workout).

Now my question is if anybody is willing to give me some advice when they were around my age or when they bulked for the first time.
    Maybe some things that I should consider etc.

Please don't be that harsh with me, this is my first post.
    Don’t eat bad things bro. Just because you are on a bulk doesn’t mean to indulge in unhealthy foods. Keep your foods relatively healthy just have a high quantity. So basically don’t eat McDonald’s everyday maybe every now and again is fine though.
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

Originally Posted by Oxxxx View Post
    Don’t eat bad things bro. Just because you are on a bulk doesn’t mean to indulge in unhealthy foods. Keep your foods relatively healthy just have a high quantity. So basically don’t eat McDonald’s everyday maybe every now and again is fine though.
    Yeah that's something I should definetly change, I still eat good food but when I remember last night I should really stop eating sh**.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah that's something I should definetly change, I still eat good food but when I remember last night I should really stop eating sh**.
    FYI what that poster said is not accurate.
    Psych & handcuffs

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    FYI what that poster said is not accurate.
    Then tell me what you would correct!

Then tell me what you would correct!
    Did you read the two links i posted? One of them discusses IIFYM and DCA. People with no nutritional (education) background love to throw around terms like "quality" without understanding the meaning. The idea that a meal consisting of protein/fat/carb from a restaurant is somehow lesser quality than a meal with the same macros that you make at home isn't exactly accurate. McDonald's is not inherently "bad" food. While the food may lack some micro nutrient content compared to food you can prepare at home, and the amino acid content might be slightly lacking.. 500 calories from McDonald's is 500 calories. The goal is to learn and incorporate smart nutritional choices in to your daily routine. Understand how many calories you need daily, how much protein you need, and how much fat you need. There are minimums for protein and fat intake. I could go on about this for hours, and i don't have the time. Read the links i posted.
    Psych & handcuffs

DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't waste your money on supplements.
    The only supplement that actually works and is worth it is creatine monohydrate. Get the cheap stuff your body can't tell the difference

DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DharmaYoung19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The most important thing for beginners that I wish I knew is that training each muscle group 1x per week is not optimal for muscle hypertrophy.
    Muscles are fully recovered after 48-72 hours.

Don't do a bro split where you train chest monday, arms, tuesday, etc. It's not optimal You will make way more gains doing either a
    Upper / Lower and hit everything 2x/week
    Push Pull Legs where you hit everything 2x/8 days or
    Full Body where you hit everything 2-3x per week

You only get noob gains once, don't waste it like I did

Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People with no nutritional (education) background love to throw around terms like "quality" without understanding
    Ok bro, just completely disregard my comment. You could fit fast food to your macros but it’s hard to do. it’ll just be better for him (and other beginners) to eat food that has more balanced macros than McDonald’s and other fast food joints. It’ll be a way for him to keep track of his calories and have good macro %’s. Most beginners don’t watch their macros or calories but instead they just eat whatever they can get their hands on. I am trying to teach him good eating habits for the future. If he put in the extra work then sure he would be able to eat mcdonalds and still remain healthy. But, like I said knowing he is a newbie it’ll be better to enforce him into a healthy eating habit so he doesn’t have a hard time when he cuts and or doesn’t just give up on bodybuilding as a whole. You gave good/factual information and I cannot take that away, but saying I do not know what I am talking about is flat out disrespectful. What I said still applies to him and I was not trying to explain macros and micro nutrients as you said too. So telling somebody not to gouge on fast food is not incorrect information buddy.
    Last edited by Oxxxx; 01-05-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

Originally Posted by DharmaYoung19 View Post
    Don't waste your money on supplements.
    The only supplement that actually works and is worth it is creatine monohydrate. Get the cheap stuff your body can't tell the difference
    Too late already got some whey protein here which helps me getting my 150g Protein a day, I won't buy another package tho' because well it's expensive af (and I even bought the cheap stuff).

Originally Posted by DharmaYoung19 View Post
    The most important thing for beginners that I wish I knew is that training each muscle group 1x per week is not optimal for muscle hypertrophy.
    Muscles are fully recovered after 48-72 hours.

Don't do a bro split where you train chest monday, arms, tuesday, etc. It's not optimal You will make way more gains doing either a
    Upper / Lower and hit everything 2x/week
    Push Pull Legs where you hit everything 2x/8 days or
    Full Body where you hit everything 2-3x per week

You only get noob gains once, don't waste it like I did
    I watch a YouTuber, he said the exact same thing. I do exercise all my muscle groups 3x a week (Fullbody-Split)
    Talking about noob gains, I've been doing home exercises since July 2019 until early December 2019 and still got a lot of muscle. (If you compare my first pic with the present)
    Is it possible that my "noob gains-phase" is already gone?

Did you read the two links i posted? One of them discusses IIFYM and DCA. People with no nutritional (education) background love to throw around terms like "quality" without understanding the meaning. The idea that a meal consisting of protein/fat/carb from a restaurant is somehow lesser quality than a meal with the same macros that you make at home isn't exactly accurate. McDonald's is not inherently "bad" food. While the food may lack some micro nutrient content compared to food you can prepare at home, and the amino acid content might be slightly lacking.. 500 calories from McDonald's is 500 calories. The goal is to learn and incorporate smart nutritional choices in to your daily routine. Understand how many calories you need daily, how much protein you need, and how much fat you need. There are minimums for protein and fat intake. I could go on about this for hours, and i don't have the time. Read the links i posted.
    I've read about IIFYM in the past but only heard bad things about it, since some people belive that you can't equate Carbs from a Hambuger with Carbs from Oats for example.
    I'm not sure, as I said I'm kind of a beginner and I really appreciate your advice

No problem bro, but yea carbs are carbs and calories are calories. If you ever go on a cut and are used to dirty bulking it will be harder than a normal cut already is. It’s just life choices man! But yea it lacks in nutrition and other stuff but if you want easy calories you could eat fast food I guess, but I wouldn’t recommend relying on it.