Thread: Skinny-fat pics

Beebah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny-fat pics

Hi,

I think I'm skinny-fat. Male, 5'8.

I posted this question in an other forum on this site, but a person said it would be better to post it here. I also tried to include a picture but I didn't get it to work, so the same guy said I could post the picture(s) on my bodyspace instead. So please have a look.

In those pictures I'm about 143lbs. Now I'm about 154 lbs and its all fat gains. I'm going to cut down to at least 143lbs. With those pictures in mind, should I keep cutting or begin a bulk once I get back to that weight?

Thanks

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I'd say you're in "skinny fat" territory. What got me out of it years ago was cutting while lifting hard until I got lean, then switched to focusing on bulking/adding muscle.

So my vote goes to getting lean first before you put on more fat with the muscle. It'll help your confidence and offer quicker results. Losing 10lb of fat is a lot faster than gaining 10lb of muscle. Just don't bother getting "shredded" because you'll lose it as soon as you start bulking up.

You ultimately need to do both - lose fat and gain muscle. Just remember that there is no quick fix, it'll take years and multiple cuts/bulks to look how you want to. 8 years ago I was where you are, 5'8 and around 143lb, now I'm 175 lb. It's a journey, not a destination

Beebah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    Yeah I'd say you're in "skinny fat" territory. What got me out of it years ago was cutting while lifting hard until I got lean, then switched to focusing on bulking/adding muscle.

So my vote goes to getting lean first before you put on more fat with the muscle. It'll help your confidence and offer quicker results. Losing 10lb of fat is a lot faster than gaining 10lb of muscle. Just don't bother getting "shredded" because you'll lose it as soon as you start bulking up.

You ultimately need to do both - lose fat and gain muscle. Just remember that there is no quick fix, it'll take years and multiple cuts/bulks to look how you want to. 8 years ago I was where you are, 5'8 and around 143lb, now I'm 175 lb. It's a journey, not a destination
    Ok, thanks for the advice!