BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hurt Back Incline Bench Pressing - Feeling Stupid & In Pain

No real point to this post other than to share the fact the I hurt my back incline bench pressing. I guess my form broke down as I strained for a final rep, and ended up twisting my back. I'm not sure what actual damage I've done (time will tell), but it hurts like hell. In addition to being in pain, I feel stupid.

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Happens bruv, I feels the pain.

jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmurbach will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't go all the way down, stop once chest is fully elevated.

BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BringTheGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks like I'll be out of the gym for several days.... damn damn damn

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmurbach View Post
    Don't go all the way down, stop once chest is fully elevated.
    Elevated?

I don't think partial rom ego pressing is the solution here.

bring thegainz- next time use a spotter so if you struggle he can help you rather than you torqueing your body and injuring yourself.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah for sure use a spotter if you can not finish the set on your own

keep your scapula together and tight on this and all pressing exercises
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness https://www.facebook.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do bench inside a squat rack. I always do this,makes it easy to go to failure without needing a spotter,also easy setting new pr's etc.

Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4BackPain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I typically will hang it up if I can't get the rep out under my own power without breaking form. Sorry to hear about the tweak dude
    Teaching people how to beat their back pain without the use of surgery or drugs.
    Site: www.fitness4backpain.com
    Instagram: @Fitness4backpain

wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wsteve30 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Lifting to failure is a recipe for injury, I try to avoid it.
    "Proud but never satisfied"

- Christian Guzman -

210 lbs fat to 210 lbs ripped fat loss log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171281111

vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000) vequalsixr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is it possible that your back is not trained sufficiently to keep up with your chest? I just find it an odd injury with any bench press is all.

Rest it and get back into it, slowly. Don't let the injury keep you away forever!

Originally Posted by vequalsixr View Post
    Is it possible that your back is not trained sufficiently to keep up with your chest? I just find it an odd injury with any bench press is all.

Rest it and get back into it, slowly. Don't let the injury keep you away forever!
    Thanks to all those who commented! After about 5 days of rest, I'm back in the gym.

And to vequalsixr, I don't think it's an issue of an insufficiently trained back relative to my chest (although it is an interesting point). It was just a matter of an odd torque to my back as my form collapsed when I struggled on a final rep. I felt it when it happened and knew exactly what I did wrong.

Registered User SatansBreakfast's Avatar
    SatansBreakfast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BringTheGainz View Post
    Thanks to all those who commented! After about 5 days of rest, I'm back in the gym.

And to vequalsixr, I don't think it's an issue of an insufficiently trained back relative to my chest (although it is an interesting point). It was just a matter of an odd torque to my back as my form collapsed when I struggled on a final rep. I felt it when it happened and knew exactly what I did wrong.
    Thanks for this final post! Going through the same situation right now and it gives a relief knowing that it might get better after a few days! 🙂