Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Rowers even a thing anymore ?

Guys I want to another piece of equipment to my home gym , as I’ve sold my octane Z8 free runner .

I just have enough space for a hack squat leg press , but I’m not reading a lot of positive things about them, like knee problems etc . My knees are not great and I’m thinking I should go to our local gym and try theirs and see how my knees take it before investing in one . I do squats and deadlifts , but only go to 135 pounds to because of my knees .
    I thought maybe I could do high reps better on a machine and get that burn .

My other idea is a Concept 2 Rower . Thought it would help with cardio and maybe be good as a machine to warm up on .
    Not sure if they have lost there popularity, or if it would be a good investment

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Guys I want to another piece of equipment to my home gym , as I’ve sold my octane Z8 free runner .

I just have enough space for a hack squat leg press , but I’m not reading a lot of positive things about them, like knee problems etc . My knees are not great and I’m thinking I should go to our local gym and try theirs and see how my knees take it before investing in one . I do squats and deadlifts , but only go to 135 pounds to because of my knees .
    I thought maybe I could do high reps better on a machine and get that burn .

My other idea is a Concept 2 Rower . Thought it would help with cardio and maybe be good as a machine to warm up on .
    Not sure if they have lost there popularity, or if it would be a good investment
    If your knee problems are really bad, I don't know that any approach is going be problem-free, but generally speaking the pivot press (Atlantic, Cybex), hip press (Rogers) and pendulum squat (Atlantis, Paramount) type machines should at least put less stress on your back and knees.

Re the rower ... Over the years at commercial gyms I would occasionally use all of the cardio equipment at some point just for some variety. However, the only one I used on an almost daily basis was a treadmill, so that's the only piece I have in my home gym (and if it wasn't for the Mrs, I wouldn't even have that as I'm an avid hiker and don't really need a cardio piece at all). If a rower is something you know you'll use regularly, then I think it's a good investment. That said, if money is a factor you can save a ton by buying one on the used market. Concept2 rowers were one of those big exercise fads so there seems to be a constant flow of them on the used market.

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    If your knee problems are really bad, I don't know that any approach is going be problem-free, but generally speaking the pivot press (Atlantic, Cybex), hip press (Rogers) and pendulum squat (Atlantis, Paramount) type machines should at least put less stress on your back and knees.

Re the rower ... Over the years at commercial gyms I would occasionally use all of the cardio equipment at some point just for some variety. However, the only one I used on an almost daily basis was a treadmill, so that's the only piece I have in my home gym (and if it wasn't for the Mrs, I wouldn't even have that as I'm an avid hiker and don't really need a cardio piece at all). If a rower is something you know you'll use regularly, then I think it's a good investment. That said, if money is a factor you can save a ton by buying one on the used market. Concept2 rowers were one of those big exercise fads so there seems to be a constant flow of them on the used market.
    Thanks for the post . I had a True Treadnill PS300 I believe it was called , and it was giving me problems with my one bad ankle and my knees so I gave up on treadmills .
    Funny as I can go for a walk outdoors on asphalt with no knee pain .

I really want a hack squat machine but read they unbalance your muscle groups because the leg press works the quads too much compared to the back of the legs .

So I’m left with a rower I guess. If I won the lottery I’d have an underwater treadmill and see if that helps, but no chance of that lol.

I could certainly use some cardio , as I’m too lazy to walk outside during winter

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That said, if money is a factor you can save a ton by buying one on the used market. Concept2 rowers were one of those big exercise fads so there seems to be a constant flow of them on the used market.

At least around here (chicago/detroit markets) Concept 2's hold their value incredibly well. I can still buy a new concept 2 model d for $900, and it is very rare to see anyone asking, and getting, less than $750 for a used one. I dont think of rower as a passing fad at all.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a really crappy left knee with a torn ACL. It hurts all the time if I am regularly squatting.

After listening more to Pavel, I think I am going to limit my lower body movements to kettlebell swings and rowing on the C2. I'll use the rack for bench, press and pullups.

Rowing does not bother my knee at all. I joined the Million Meter Club within about 14 months of getting the C2.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100) 24hours3 is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile

Doesn't matter if rowers are in or not, it's up to you whether you want to incorporate it. I'm a recumbent bike person but took the plunge and bought a rower and finally started to incorporate it everyday. I do it for 30mins. It's not as fancy as the concept 2...it's a sunny model from Wal-Mart for a little more then $200. I like it. Good luck with your decision.

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought about selling mine a few months back and had interest when I posted it for sale at $800. I'd say they are still rather popular. I hate the damn thing though, it is a brutal workout.

Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Our C2 Rower is one of the best purchases we have made for our home gym, everyone uses it. And like one of the other posters mentioned If I wanted to sell it I would get most of my money out of it. Its a well built, industry standard piece of gear that holds its value.
    Strength + Cardio + Proprioception = dominance

JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My Concept 2 model C is probably 20 years old and going strong. Stronger than I am at least. They definitely hold their value. The question is whether you'll enjoy using it. If you've never used one, watch a video for the form, find a gym with one or a friend who owns one, and go row on it for 20 or 30 minutes.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Being a lazy dog, I'm haven't been doing much cardio but my C2 will be pried from my cold dead hands.

Does LISS, does brutal HIT, no impact, super cheap for the institutional brand, stores in half or upright and assembled in seconds, super light, lasts forever with little maintenance cost...hold value.

Hard to go wrong with a C2.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haven't rowed in a while but I love the workout. C2 is on my lost of stuff to figure out how to squeeze into my increasingly cramped space.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since May 2019, I've been focused on the C2 Model D as my primary workout, I've been doing about 20 to 50KM per week, mostly 5K, 30 minute steady state, 10K. I've been on slides since September, the result was I could double the amount of training for the same amount of recovery, felt much easier on the body.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Reluctantly I sold my model E after developing severe elbow tendonitis. I can't blame the rower, I got into long distance rowing and was logging 2.5 million metres a year.

My elbows are now much improved and I'm seriously considering looking for another C2, but this time for interval work.

Thank you very much for the posts everyone, as this really helps . I’m going to see if they have one to try at our local store.

I kind of wish it was magnetic instead of air in order to keep the noise down.
    My only concern is I wanted to watch tv while I’m rowing , but maybe it’s a bad idea anyways .

Do you guys watch tv as your rowing, or does sit throw your concentration off?

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I usually have music or a podcast on. Like you mentioned, they do make a decent amount of noise but I have a ridiculously big speaker in my garage so it's not a problem. It's nice to have something to distract yourself with though.

Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I usually have music or a podcast on. Like you mentioned, they do make a decent amount of noise but I have a ridiculously big speaker in my garage so it's not a problem. It's nice to have something to distract yourself with though.
    Ya I was hoping to watch reruns of Seinfeld. Can’t use headphones because of tinnitus

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you guys watch tv as your rowing, or does sit throw your concentration off?
    I use my rower more for strength endurance type workouts. I don't like rowing for over 10 minutes and prefer low cadence stuff.

My typical workout is a 10 min row at 25 rpm with a pace of ~1:55. Occasionally, I will do a hard 1,000 m. I'm too damn old to go hard for 2,000 m. ;-)

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I use my rower more for strength endurance type workouts. I don't like rowing for over 10 minutes and prefer low cadence stuff.

My typical workout is a 10 min row at 25 rpm with a pace of ~1:55. Occasionally, I will do a hard 1,000 m. I'm too damn old to go hard for 2,000 m. ;-)
    Well I have to be careful as to how hard this machine actually is. When my heart rate gets to crazy from my atrial fibrillation issue, I get severe headaches as my oxygen gets depleted too much in my blood cells .
    I don’t want anything overly hard in other words . I read some reviews at amazon and some people complained it was too easy even when set to high .
    I’d sooner have too easy and go longer. I’m aware you can adjust the amount of resistance

Well I have to be careful as to how hard this machine actually is. When my heart rate gets to crazy from my atrial fibrillation issue, I get severe headaches as my oxygen gets depleted too much in my blood cells .
    I don’t want anything overly hard in other words . I read some reviews at amazon and some people complained it was too easy even when set to high .
    I’d sooner have too easy and go longer. I’m aware you can adjust the amount of resistance
    Those people have no idea what the damper (drag) setting is for.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its pretty boring but I just listen to music on bluetooth headphones, the back and forth motion isn't that great for TV viewing for me. Also the C2 rower is fairly loud and I put a box fan next to me on medium or high and that generates a lot of noise.

For TV friendly workouts, I use a recumbent bike, Cybex 530R and watch Netflix. Just sit and peddle, don't even need to think about the workout. If the rower doesn't work out, you could consider a bike, it won't be the same intensity of a workout but you can get a lot of hours per week for a minimal amount of boredom. You can of course workout on a rowing machine with less intensity, it is what you make of it, but my heart rate is typically much lower on a bike.

If reading reviews that it is "too easy even if set to high", keep in mind there is no "high" setting, the damper level 10 increases the drag factor, the speed at which the flywheel decelerates by increasing the air resistance on the fan blades (drag). The machine measures work based on accelerating the flywheel, so if the flywheel decelerates quicker, one can row at a higher stroke rate.

The damper is for calibrating your drag factor, as different machines have a different drag factor at the same damper position. The drag factor can be displayed in the menu. Typical athletes train at drag factors between 100 to 150. It is possible to make a low damper feel hard if you pull hard and fast enough.

If you aren't catching (beginning of the stroke when the body and handle is forward) with full force and speed by driving through the heels, the clutch does not engage fully, and even a damper level 10 will feel easy.

Here's some videos that might help
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE663Kg0c00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyOyWls9_Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9r6bXOvepU

Fun video to watch.

Maybe I would be faster if I had a mouthpiece.

He was pulling 1:09 with the damper on about 6 and at 27 rpm!!!

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by majortendonitis View Post
    ya i was hoping to watch reruns of seinfeld.
    nttiawwt

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    At least around here (chicago/detroit markets) Concept 2's hold their value incredibly well. I can still buy a new concept 2 model d for $900, and it is very rare to see anyone asking, and getting, less than $750 for a used one. I dont think of rower as a passing fad at all.
    They pop up in my area for sub-$300 all the time. Granted, those are older models, but still functioning just fine.

When I say rowers were a fad, I mean there was a time period when everyone and their grandmother was running out to buy one because it was the hot fitness item, which results in a decent supply on the used market (like PowerBlocks, CrossFit equipment, etc.). I've been using them since the 80s.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They pop up in my area for sub-$300 all the time. Granted, those are older models, but still functioning just fine.

When I say rowers were a fad, I mean there was a time period when everyone and their grandmother was running out to buy one because it was the hot fitness item, which results in a decent supply on the used market (like PowerBlocks, CrossFit equipment, etc.). I've been using them since the 80s.
    Concept2 can be had for less than $300 or just rowers in general? I'm skeptical that Concept2 rowers in good working condition are showing up that cheaply.

JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Concept2 can be had for less than $300 or just rowers in general? I'm skeptical that Concept2 rowers in good working condition are showing up that cheaply.
    I've seen model B's go for 300, and model C's go between 300 and 450. I may list mine at 400 one of these days just to get the D or E. Can't really see a reason other than they're a little quieter. I use my rowing time to watch the sub titled martial arts movies and such on netflix.

OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a Velocity CHR-2001 in my gym. I went with a rower because my legs are too banged up for a lot for a lot of other options. That said, I really like the rower, like the movement, the workout it gives Its ultra quiet for listening to music or TV. My only concern of late has been 'over working my back', between heavy back days, and cardio on the rower. But I figure thats workable.
    ....64 years,....and praying to god that muscle 'memory' is real !!!!!

Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dont row to be a better rower , I typically use it in two modes:

Conditioning after resistance training....for example Pyramids: 100m, 200m, 300m, 400, 500, 400, 300.200 100...rest 1 min to 30 seconds, between these distances. Since these distances are short, I try to go all out keeping the split as low and consistent as possible, over the weeks I reduce the rest time, or row harder or both, or add another pyramid. Its a gentle way to get some pretty good conditioning in.

Alternatively:

I just count the amount of calories I need to deficit when trying to lose weight (I count my calories accurately). For example 100 or 200, You can go all out and try to knock off the number quick, or do it in intervals. I can deficit 200 calories in my diet and then row another 200 off...usually right before I eat. Rowing 200 Calories does not take that long or is a real kick in the nuts. Its sneaky and accurate.

I have no intention of rowing totals of 5k or 10K for example, did that in CrossFit and not going back
    Strength + Cardio + Proprioception = dominance

Just an update . I was lucky as we have a dealer in town that just happened to have a Concept 2 .
    I watched the videos on proper form and I have to say I enjoyed it for my first trial run . I believe I read you can buy a seat cushion designed for the Concept 2 , and will try and source one of those to.
    They want $1690 on sale here ,and it’s on Amazon.ca for $1250 with free shipping for Prime members , so I guess I’ll go threw them .

I only have enough room for either a hack squat rack or a Rower , but I’m steering towards the Rower , as I could certainly use some cardio

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rowers are awesome, but you don't need a C2. I got an old used C2 copy for $30, it's fine, in some ways it's better. I really don't think you should get a new C2 until you try a ****ty air rower for a month and see if it's your thing. Mag rowers are pretty crap, but you can get used ones for like $20 and even those are worth a try to see if it's the kind of thing you'll stick with.

Rowers are great cardio, but even big fans of it will admit time goes very slow on them, and you can't get on 'auto-pilot' as easily as you can with a treadmill etc

I have this seat on my C2.

https://endurerow.com/