Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Just an update . I was lucky as we have a dealer in town that just happened to have a Concept 2 .
    I watched the videos on proper form and I have to say I enjoyed it for my first trial run . I believe I read you can buy a seat cushion designed for the Concept 2 , and will try and source one of those to.
    They want $1690 on sale here ,and it’s on Amazon.ca for $1250 with free shipping for Prime members , so I guess I’ll go threw them .

I only have enough room for either a hack squat rack or a Rower , but I’m steering towards the Rower , as I could certainly use some cardio
    In the second video link, "Maximum Power on the Rowing Machine", there is a drill where the instructor teaches how to catch properly with one foot on one foot off so the catch doesn't slip, its pretty helpful for feeling how the catch should engage the fan.

The seat is a problem for some rowers, its pretty firm. If you have any tailbone issues it might be an issue. The stick on thin foam seat that C2 sells for $3.50 works pretty well for me, probably need to replace it once a year, but I don't have too much seat issue, you can buy two and stack them as well. I like this one because it doesn't alter the mechanics of the machine much, it doesn't have you sit much higher. Some people sit on a big foam block or even bubble wrap. Recommend using compression shorts.

I am in the habit of cleaning the handles, the seat pad, and then the rail and the seat rollers after each use. The rail starts to get this bumpy black particles which is formed from interaction between oils, sweat, the metal of the rail, and the roller bearings of the seat, so wiping it down prevents that so you don't get a bumpy ride. I use a cleaning squirt bottle, that is mostly water, with added small amount of ammonia, and a drop or two of liquid dish soap, squirt it and wipe with a rag.

Another tip is there is an app called Erg Data which can connect with bluetooth to your rower's PM5 computer. This lets you log the workout on C2's Logbook and you can also visualize other data. You can buy a cheap smart phone cradle from C2 and place the phone above the PM5. If you have a heart rate band that uses ANT+ you can connect that to the PM5 then pair the PM5 with your cellphone or tablet and the logbook will record your heart rate during the workout.
    Last edited by ampire; 01-02-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Concept2 can be had for less than $300 or just rowers in general? I'm skeptical that Concept2 rowers in good working condition are showing up that cheaply.
    Concept2, but as I said above, older models. There are plenty in the ~$700 range also, but ~$300 isn't uncommon. There were 2 listed last year for $50 and $75 respectively, but they were snatched up within 1 hour of being posted. One needed a display and the other, allegedly, needed nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8783605814468/
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1344302118846/

RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a Concept 2 model C that I inherited from my grandfather. The thing still works great. It will put you to work. It's worth every penny, but make sure you try/like it before taking the plunge. Rowing isn't for everyone. I recently added a Rogue Echo bike for interval/HIIT workouts. I feel like I can get my heart rate up quicker on the bike, and I can focus more all going all out. On the rower, I really have to concentrate on the form, and I don't always want to do it.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I have a Concept 2 model C that I inherited from my grandfather. The thing still works great. It will put you to work. It's worth every penny, but make sure you try/like it before taking the plunge. Rowing isn't for everyone. I recently added a Rogue Echo bike for interval/HIIT workouts. I feel like I can get my heart rate up quicker on the bike, and I can focus more all going all out. On the rower, I really have to concentrate on the form, and I don't always want to do it.
    I was lucky enough to test one , and I see what mean regarding form. Seeing as it was my first time ,I was trying to remember what I had learned in the videos .
    I did actually like it more than I thought I would , and think it may be a great option .

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was lucky enough to test one , and I see what mean regarding form. Seeing as it was my first time ,I was trying to remember what I had learned in the videos .
    I did actually like it more than I thought I would , and think it may be a great option .
    Bringing the knees up before the hands are past on the recovery is the biggest mistake you usually see.

This is pretty good form.

Last edited by keyboardworkout; 01-03-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Bringing the knees up before the hands are past on the recovery is the biggest mistake you usually see.

lol . Thanks this helps

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guys I want to another piece of equipment to my home gym , as I’ve sold my octane Z8 free runner .

I just have enough space for a hack squat leg press , but I’m not reading a lot of positive things about them, like knee problems etc . My knees are not great and I’m thinking I should go to our local gym and try theirs and see how my knees take it before investing in one . I do squats and deadlifts , but only go to 135 pounds to because of my knees .
    I thought maybe I could do high reps better on a machine and get that burn .

My other idea is a Concept 2 Rower . Thought it would help with cardio and maybe be good as a machine to warm up on .
    Not sure if they have lost there popularity, or if it would be a good investment
    Bad knees? Get a good quality rebounder.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Not really sure what a rebounder is?

Ok googled it . I think it’s a small trampoline. Unfortunately I don’t have very much height in my gym, but I guess I could do it in my living room.
    I had no idea that helped knees though ?

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Nice glutes.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    There’s a company in BC called Sundance . Guy on YouTube gave them a pretty good review as an alternative to some of the more expensive ones

Looking at the 42”

http://www.sundancetrampolines.com/r...rebounder.html

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not really sure what a rebounder is?

Ok googled it . I think it’s a small trampoline. Unfortunately I don’t have very much height in my gym, but I guess I could do it in my living room.
    I had no idea that helped knees though ?
    Well, a good rebounder is extremely low impact. That means you can move at a maniacal pace on it. It has a ton of other benefits, too, but too much too soon brings about a rapid sudden very scary and unpleasant body detox. If you do get one, I'll link you to a progressive starting routine.

There’s a company in BC called Sundance . Guy on YouTube gave them a pretty good review as an alternative to some of the more expensive ones

Looking at the 42”

http://www.sundancetrampolines.com/r...rebounder.html
    I've heard of them, that's all. I paid $400 for a Reboundaire half fold and have no regrets. https://rebound-air.com/product/reboundair-half-fold/
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I bought a used model D for $550, and sold it months later for $750 in a few days. The thing was torturous.

Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    I bought a used model D for $550, and sold it months later for $750 in a few days. The thing was torturous.
    lol . Yes but regardless, a treadmill or any other cardio device is boring as hell .
    I did like the full body feel I got with the rower

Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    Agree 100%.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I just ordered a new C2 model D, here in the UK Amazon were as competitive as anyone, I also had some Amazon vouchers to use.

As I wanted it in black, the used market was extremely limited, by using my vouchers I paid just under £700, over here used black model D's in good condition regularly make this kind of money, so buying new was a no brainer.

my uncle fought Sugar Ray etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Now do you have a pic of these ladies on the air assault bikes? I would think that would help you become any even better FBI

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My wild Friday night...firmware update on the C2.

Attached Images

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need something on that book shelf, it looks so sad.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is there even to update?

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    What is there even to update?
    C2 is always tweaking their firmware.

https://www.concept2.com/service/mon...mware/timeline

My PM5 came with firmware version 12 and they are now up to version 30 in a little over 5 years. Version 12 was not stable and I think they rushed the release of the PM5. It wasn't until about version 20 that most of the bugs were worked out. There were a lot of people bitching (myself included) during that first year. I was even a beta tester uploading data to their programmer for a while.

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    C2 is always tweaking their firmware.

https://www.concept2.com/service/mon...mware/timeline

My PM5 came with firmware version 12 and they are now up to version 30 in a little over 5 years. Version 12 was not stable and I think they rushed the release of the PM5. It wasn't until about version 20 that most of the bugs were worked out. There were a lot of people bitching (myself included) during that first year. I was even a beta tester uploading data to their programmer for a while.
    That's dodgy, those programmers must be releasing trash on purpose to keep themselves in a job.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I noticed the Android ErgData app 'connect to' PM5's Bluetooth seems a lot better these past few weeks however.

Well guys my octane zero runner has been sold and removed today , so I ordered the Concept 2 D Rower .
    Looking forward to setting it up . Amazon was out of black ones so I went grey .
    I may have to sneak into our local fitness store and see how high the console measures , as I want to lower my TV before it arrives .
    I do see it’s adjustable,so there’s that .

Next thing is find a good seat pad . I tried the Concept 2 locally and found the seat to be a little harsh , especially with my broken tailbone

This gets so so reviews . I did see another one that was 3 inches thick, but people were complaining it threw the geometry out . This may be a good compromise
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LW7P9S0/...WM4W7HOV&psc=1
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 01-21-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Well guys my octane zero runner has been sold and removed today , so I ordered the Concept 2 D Rower .
    Looking forward to setting it up . Amazon was out of black ones so I went grey .
    I may have to sneak into our local fitness store and see how high the console measures , as I want to lower my TV before it arrives .

Next thing is find a good seat pad . I tried the Concept 2 locally and found the seat to be a little harsh , especially with my broken tailbone

This gets so so reviews . I did see another one that was 3 inches thick, but people were complaining it threw the geometry out . This may be a good compromise
    just gotta get your ass used to it bro.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Very nice, my new black model D arrived this morning, it took more time to unbox than put together, less than 10 minutes, it was the first time I'd assembled a C2, as I'd picked up my old model E used.

I've been digging out my C 2 seat pads, for many years I used one I bought from C2, just a plain 1./2" rubber pad with cut outs for the tail bone, not the most comfortable, but a real improvement on just sitting on the seat, I rowed several million metres on this pad.

I also have a Hornet Watersports foam pad, specifically designed to fit the C2 seat, more comfortable than the rubber pad, but I always used to migrate back to the rubber pad..

I haven't done any rowing for over 3 years, so it will be interesting to see which pad I end up using, I suspect I will opt for the more comfortable option, at least until my backside gets acclimatised.