temboselous is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Shoulder Injury in remote area

Dear All,
    first of all is great to be here, this is imy first post, hopefully of many.

so, i'm almost 35 years old, and i live in a remote area in a national park in Tanzania-Africa, where i work in conservation-antipoaching.

I have been training on/off for the past 15 years ad overall in good shape.

Stopped working out due to work schedules for about a month and started back one week ago.

I have very limited equipment where i am so i have to make due with what i have.

the day before yesterday i was in the middle of my push routine - Dumbell over the shoulder squats, dumbell flies/press on fitness ball, skullcrushers - and right after the workout i felt a sharp pain at the upper tip/posterior part of my left shoulder.

Didnt feel any pain during the exercises just immediately right after.

I went home and applied ice, the next morning i just felt kind of a dumb feeling on my left shoulder overall. Nothing during the day and in the evening again sharp pain but only when i raise my left arm with the palms facing my face. is a sharp pain like tension but very sharp, at the upper tip of the shoulder and in the back of the shoulder but hard to pinpoint.

The pain is only when i move the arm in this particular way.

Today , day 3, and in the morning i feel the same dull sensation.

I cant really see a doctor until March when my work tour ends (i work 3 months on 1 off).

Any ideas? should i stop completely working out? Thanks so much in advance!

Edit

Originally Posted by temboselous View Post
    Dear All,
    first of all is great to be here, this is imy first post, hopefully of many.

so, i'm almost 35 years old, and i live in a remote area in a national park in Tanzania-Africa, where i work in conservation-antipoaching.

I have been training on/off for the past 15 years ad overall in good shape.

Stopped working out due to work schedules for about a month and started back one week ago.

I have very limited equipment where i am so i have to make due with what i have.

the day before yesterday i was in the middle of my push routine - Dumbell over the shoulder squats, dumbell flies/press on fitness ball, skullcrushers - and right after the workout i felt a sharp pain at the upper tip/posterior part of my left shoulder.

Didnt feel any pain during the exercises just immediately right after.

I went home and applied ice, the next morning i just felt kind of a dumb feeling on my left shoulder overall. Nothing during the day and in the evening again sharp pain but only when i raise my left arm with the palms facing my face. is a sharp pain like tension but very sharp, at the upper tip of the shoulder and in the back of the shoulder but hard to pinpoint.

The pain is only when i move the arm in this particular way.

Today , day 3, and in the morning i feel the same dull sensation.

I cant really see a doctor until March when my work tour ends (i work 3 months on 1 off).

Any ideas? should i stop completely working out? Thanks so much in advance!

I also hear a popping sound when i do shrug like movements..........

sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It could be a lot of things and you need to see an orthopedic surgeon when you are on your work break. For now, give your shoulder a couple of weeks of rest. You may want to look up "throwers 10" program which is an AC/RC/Scap/Labrum rehab routine for overhead throwing athletes. Start that in a couple of weeks (very light weight and/or resistance) and do that so long as you don't feel any pain.

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    It could be a lot of things and you need to see an orthopedic surgeon when you are on your work break. For now, give your shoulder a couple of weeks of rest. You may want to look up "throwers 10" program which is an AC/RC/Scap/Labrum rehab routine for overhead throwing athletes. Start that in a couple of weeks (very light weight and/or resistance) and do that so long as you don't feel any pain.
    Thanks man! The pain went away for a couple days, then yesterday i did a strange movement in the shower and here it comes again....

I hate being off the gym, as working out has been so helpful for me also on a psicological side !!

StanicEnemy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you have sharp pain only on your shoulder? not on pec?