joey1718 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile What is the best/easiest way to get visible abs as a teen?

Hi there,
    I’m sure you have already seen a million posts like this, but I would just like to know the best/ easiest routine that is the most effective for getting visible abs for a teenager.

I weigh around 65kg ( I am 5’11) and am aged 18. I really would like to know how to get a six pack - I currently have the following routine:

Monday to Thursday:

3 minute planks
    50 crunches (30 in a row, then 20 in a row)
    20 press ups
    30 minute ab toner belt

Monday and Tuesday:
    30 minute run
    25 bench press (20 in a row then 5) at 20kg
    Pec dec: 20 reps at 30kg
    20 lat pull downs at 20kg

Saturday :

5 minute planking - 3 minute plank and 2 minute plank
    40 press ups - 2x 20 press ups
    50 crunches (30 in a row, then 20 in a row)
    30 minute ab toner belt

I would really appreciate if anybody could give me advice on the best six pack workout routine, or how to adapt my current routine to make it most effective.

Thanks for reading,
    Joe

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Unless you are naturally lean, there is usually nothing quick or easy about it.

You can post a picture of yourself in your bodyspace but it's highly likely we'll tell you to spend a long time building muscle before considering dieting down to a lean state.

Doing lots of ab exercises is much further down the list than you might think. Abs don't hypertrophy much, they tend to grow along with the rest of your body, they do not grow much during a diet.

DominoX98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like a pretty solid routine to me. Good luck mate.

What is the ab toner belt though? One of those ones they sometimes advertise for sale on TV shopping?

Smile

Originally Posted by DominoX98 View Post
    Sounds like a pretty solid routine to me. Good luck mate.

What is the ab toner belt though? One of those ones they sometimes advertise for sale on TV shopping?
    Thanks mate for the feedback. The toning belt basically just contracts and relaxes the abs - which is supposed to be similar to doing an exercises like crunches. I definitely things it works cause it feels like your doing core exercises.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Unless you are naturally lean, there is usually nothing quick or easy about it.

You can post a picture of yourself in your bodyspace but it's highly likely we'll tell you to spend a long time building muscle before considering dieting down to a lean state.

Doing lots of ab exercises is much further down the list than you might think. Abs don't hypertrophy much, they tend to grow along with the rest of your body, they do not grow much during a diet.
    Thanks for the reply. How lean do you have to get to before visible abs on average?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by joey1718 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. How lean do you have to get to before visible abs on average?
    If you have built some muscle, it could be as high as 15% - otherwise it has to be lower. Some will never get abs without growing muscle first because as you diet, they atrophy - and they can wind up not being big enough even to show through skin.

DominoX98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by joey1718 View Post
    Thanks mate for the feedback. The toning belt basically just contracts and relaxes the abs - which is supposed to be similar to doing an exercises like crunches. I definitely things it works cause it feels like your doing core exercises.
    I'm interested in if you see improved results from using it. I always kind of roll my eyes when I see the ads. I'm sceptical of things like that.