RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10) RandyArmand is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Distal Bicep Tendon Rupture

In December 2018 I completely ruptured the distal bicep tendon of my left arm in a work-related incident. This required surgery, physical therapy, and a lengthy recovery. This played havoc on my mind as I've always been a very active person: "Will my arm ever be the same?"

During recovery, the musculature of my arm atrophied significantly.
    Prior to my injury I was able to curl 60Lbs using my left arm. Upon completion of physical therapy in May 2018, I was barely able to curl 10. Not to mention, I'd gained roughly 15Lbs of body fat during my recovery. Rather than breaking me, however, this event inspired me. I was not aware of how strong I was on a mental-level prior to my injury. I signed up for NASM's Certified Personal Training course during this time. I have since earned my certification, as well as NASM's Behavior Change Specialization.

Using a program of my own design I have since strengthened my arm. I am now able to bicep curl 55Lbs for a one rep max on my left arm. I have also managed to lose the fat I'd gained plus some. To this day, however, I remain paranoid of a re-rupture. That paranoia is slowly going away.

I hope to inspire people with my experience. The obstacle you face doesn't always have to determine the outcome. The way in which you view and deal with said obstacle determines the outcome. Push through.