23elnegocio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation I think I Ruptured My Vastus Medialis A Year Ago And Hurts After 15 Of Standing !!

Hello BB,
    I haven't been here in a while !!! I am glad this forum is still around one of the best of all times. Ok so about a year ago I pulled either my Vastus Medialis or Gracilis muscle. I do take blame because I rarely stretch but this was already into my workout while doing squats with the barbell. I was like on my 3 set and stopped for about 7 minutes to talk to a friend of mine, then proceeded to hop back on the 4th set and as I went down I felt that something snapped like a rubber band just pulled right there on my Vastus or Gracilis muscle area. I put the weight back and since this is new to me I was scared to put weight on that leg thinking it would give up on me, I then proceeded to walk and I did have strength but had a little of uncomfortableness on it. I put ice on it and continued to stretch it for the next few days, it got better.

The crazy thing is it didn't get purple or swollen !!! But it felt like it snapped when I was doing the squat, I think I ruptured it I could be wrong though. Its been about a year and 1 month now and when im standing for about 10-15 minutes I start feeling a little uncomfortable in that area, I feel a sting. Funny thing is one month later same thing happened to the opposite side of the leg on the same area, now I have two legs that are messed up, I can walk and everything but after standing for about 20 minutes I want to sit down because I start feeling that sting.

Wanted to see if you guys have had this before and see where I can go to get this checked out, I know this is now good because im only 29 I can imagine at 45 I wont be able to even stand for more than 5 minutes !!!

23elnegocio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 23elnegocio View Post
    Hello BB,
    I haven't been here in a while !!! I am glad this forum is still around one of the best of all times. Ok so about a year ago I pulled either my Vastus Medialis or Gracilis muscle. I do take blame because I rarely stretch but this was already into my workout while doing squats with the barbell. I was like on my 3 set and stopped for about 7 minutes to talk to a friend of mine, then proceeded to hop back on the 4th set and as I went down I felt that something snapped like a rubber band just pulled right there on my Vastus or Gracilis muscle area. I put the weight back and since this is new to me I was scared to put weight on that leg thinking it would give up on me, I then proceeded to walk and I did have strength but had a little of uncomfortableness on it. I put ice on it and continued to stretch it for the next few days, it got better.

The crazy thing is it didn't get purple or swollen !!! But it felt like it snapped when I was doing the squat, I think I ruptured it I could be wrong though. Its been about a year and 1 month now and when im standing for about 10-15 minutes I start feeling a little uncomfortable in that area, I feel a sting. Funny thing is one month later same thing happened to the opposite side of the leg on the same area, now I have two legs that are messed up, I can walk and everything but after standing for about 20 minutes I want to sit down because I start feeling that sting.

Wanted to see if you guys have had this before and see where I can go to get this checked out, I know this is now good because im only 29 I can imagine at 45 I wont be able to even stand for more than 5 minutes !!!

Anyone ?