Thread: Skinny fat

fbook is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny fat

Hello. I am a 28yrs old man having a skinny-fat type of body. My weight is 72 kg ( 158 lbs) and 180 cm ( 5ft 10) height. until I was 18 I had always had problems with gaining weight, I was really thin. Then I started to gain some weight. Now when in clothes I look slim but being naked my body looks like jelly

Last year I excercised a lot at the gym but didn't change my diet which means I ate everything oncluding sweets and fast foods and at the gym I did mostly cardio like running on a treadmill. Last vacation I cycled a lot ( loads of kms ) and nithing helped. Then 2 months ago I quit smoking ( smoked a lot - 2 packs a day, but I'm fine, I smoked for 10 yrs and now I don't even know I ever smoked ) I changed my diet ( except for this christmas ) and I eat fruits, vegetables, groats, nothing sweet, cut down on sugar a lot, and focused on lifting weighta at the gym ( 30 mins to 1 h / 3 or 4 times a week) and its better. I heard though that adding some HIIT would be a great idea - but how, I'd like to do HIIT on a treadmill but do I do it at the same day when I lift weights ( maichines only - cannot do free weights) how should I plan my week? How many times a week should I lift weights and how many times a week should I HIIT?

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you following an actual lifting program that tells you when to add weight and/or reps or are you making up your own? Generally, when I see somebody describe their lifting program by the number of minutes they lift, I tend to think they're winging it and the program isn't optimal. If you want to improve your overall body composition, that's what you should focus on, not HIIT.

In addition, your diet sounds like it's low in protein. If that's true, you need to address that issue as it will hold you back.

fbook is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    Are you following an actual lifting program that tells you when to add weight and/or reps or are you making up your own? Generally, when I see somebody describe their lifting program by the number of minutes they lift, I tend to think they're winging it and the program isn't optimal. If you want to improve your overall body composition, that's what you should focus on, not HIIT.

In addition, your diet sounds like it's low in protein. If that's true, you need to address that issue as it will hold you back.
    Thanks for the reply. What kind of program dip you have on mind? I mean I do 4 series 10 reps with 45kgs ...

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I suggest going to the Workout Programs subforum and looking at the threads that are stickied to the top. There are a variety of good balanced programs to choose from.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fbook View Post
    Thanks for the reply. What kind of program dip you have on mind? I mean I do 4 series 10 reps with 45kgs ...
    Yeah this is not a lifting program.

This: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631

Or This: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473

Your skinny fat physique can be attributed to poor food choices coupled with a lack of proper strength training.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As stated you need to start an actual structured workout plan. Showing up at the gym is not enough. And as also mentioned, some better thought to what you are eating. If you truly did cut out the junk/fast food and have lowered your daily sugar intake and have not replaced those calories then you should start seeing some weight loss just from those change ups.

Once you have your diet in check exchange some carbs for a low calorie protein supplement 1 or 2x a day. That could help with any cravings too. I know recently there's been a push away from protein shakes, bars, etc.. You know, "eat more chicken" However I've tried to do it with and without them and it's much easier with.
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I prescribe taking off to the Workout Programs subforum and looking strings that are stickied to the top. There are a grouping of good balanced undertakings to peruse.