SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Ready to get my body back

Male
    Height: 1.72m (manlet status confirmed)
    Weight: 84kg

I've been overweight before and lost the weight through hard work and discipline. What I remember from that time is feeling complete awe at what my body could accomplish. I mean think about it, no matter how impressive your iPhone is it will never be more powerful than it is right now or when it left the Chinese factory. But your body is different, coax and push it hard enough and its performance will continually improve over time. I want to get that feeling of awe back. Unfortunately, I have allowed this amazing machine that is my body to become slow and ugly through disuse and lack of maintenance. The other day I took a short walk to a print shop and my back hurt when I got there, probably from carrying around extra weight at the front i.e. my beer gut. I have to wear baggy t-shirts to hide my gut and it makes me feel ashamed to think about how I have allowed gluttony and self-pity to bring me to this point. All of that ends now and the road back to self-respect and a beautiful body starts now.

The first thing that I have to do is clean up my diet. I eat too much sugar and I have to cut that **** out - no more soda (or diabetes water as my friend calls it)! This is going to be tough because I'm home for the holidays and there is a tub of cookies and cream flavoured ice cream in the freezer and a cheesecake in the fridge. I could kick the can down the road and tell myself that I can start making changes in the new year after the holidays, but I have come up with similar justifications(excuses) in the past and it's only led to failure in the end. Nope, I have to start now. In the end, I hope that I can transfer the discipline required to lose weight into other areas of my life. I have so much potential in everything and I have to start living up to it.

I will try to post my exercise and dietary progress on a daily basis.

SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SentientTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dietary intake:
    2x black coffee
    Lunch: Smoked ham and broccoli
    Supper: Chicken leg, sweet potato, squash, and creamed mushrooms

The only exercise equipment I have on hand is a resistance rope. I managed to do squats, push-ups, and resistance rope curls, which is okay considering my limited resources while I'm here.

I hope to start the C25K program by hitting the road for 20 minutes tomorrow morning.

What I ate today:
    3x black coffee
    Lunch: Smoked ham and butternut (I'm going H.A.M. on leftover ham)
    Supper: Quarter chicken from Nandos and a green salad

Dammit, I woke up late and didn't go on my run. I did some pushups, squats and resistance band exercises.
    Granted: I am an inmate of a mental hospital...

49 years old in misc years.