2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Safe high dosage for omega 3 fish oil?

Hey guys, i'm suffering from post-concussion syndrome nearly 7 months out, symptoms are not improving. I'm obviously desperate, i'll do anything that may help. Herbs, vitamins, supplements and what not. I came across an article from that prescribes megadosing omega 3 fish oil to people with brain injuries and also articles that say people with fatal brain injuries survived because of megadosing omega 3 fish oil.

http://www.brainhealtheducation.org/...jury-protocol/

But I feel like the dosages prescribed may not be safe. The protocol states to start with 9 grams of fish oil/day for the first week. And then the second week would be 6 grams of fish oil/day a week. And then maintenance dosage would be 3 grams of fish oil/day.

I would like to know your guys' thoughts on the dangers of this kind of dosage for omega 3. I usually take 2g a day but I never went higher because I heard it could be toxic but I don't really know much about the dangers of fish oil.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2RDEYE View Post
    Hey guys, i'm suffering from post-concussion syndrome nearly 7 months out, symptoms are not improving. I'm obviously desperate, i'll do anything that may help. Herbs, vitamins, supplements and what not. I came across an article from that prescribes megadosing omega 3 fish oil to people with brain injuries and also articles that say people with fatal brain injuries survived because of megadosing omega 3 fish oil.

http://www.brainhealtheducation.org/...jury-protocol/

But I feel like the dosages prescribed may not be safe. The protocol states to start with 9 grams of fish oil/day for the first week. And then the second week would be 6 grams of fish oil/day a week. And then maintenance dosage would be 3 grams of fish oil/day.

I would like to know your guys' thoughts on the dangers of this kind of dosage for omega 3. I usually take 2g a day but I never went higher because I heard it could be toxic but I don't really know much about the dangers of fish oil.
    I take 4 grams every day. The general target for those who don't get much of the relevant fatty acids in their diet is 2-3 grams combined EPA/DHA per day, which means more grams of fish oil itself than that. You are likely to find a bunch of people taking in the ballpark of 4-6 grams a day

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    I take 4 grams every day. The general target for those who don't get much of the relevant fatty acids in their diet is 2-3 grams combined EPA/DHA per day, which means more grams of fish oil itself than that. You are likely to find a bunch of people taking in the ballpark of 4-6 grams a day
    Thanks, so it does seem pretty relatively safe.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.