Thread: body fat % bet

kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50)

body fat % bet

I have a body fat % bet starting with a friend Jan 1st through April 8th. We are both getting InBody body fat test on start and end date. Biggest drop in body fat percentage wins.

I am currently 25-27% body fat i think, about 6'1 250 with okay amount of muscle, benching up to 320ish and been lifting heavy lately last 3 months and eating lots. My plan to drop body fat is keep lifting as heavy as i can and start doing calorie deficit of 1k a day for duration of the bet and trying to eat 225g of protein a day.

does anyone have any good tips for better way of losing body fat? Anyone ever done the inbody body fat test, any ways with water consumption I can help skew the initial scan higher?

Thanks

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kordothebear View Post
    I have a body fat % bet starting with a friend Jan 1st through April 8th. We are both getting InBody body fat test on start and end date. Biggest drop in body fat percentage wins.

I am currently 25-27% body fat i think, about 6'1 250 with okay amount of muscle, benching up to 320ish and been lifting heavy lately last 3 months and eating lots. My plan to drop body fat is keep lifting as heavy as i can and start doing calorie deficit of 1k a day for duration of the bet and trying to eat 225g of protein a day.

does anyone have any good tips for better way of losing body fat? Anyone ever done the inbody body fat test, any ways with water consumption I can help skew the initial scan higher?

Thanks
    jeezusss
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your body fat percentage is likely quite a bit higher than 25-27% so I don't see the point of trying to game the system to make it appear to be higher at first.

I tend to think that body fat loss competitions are dumb to begin with but agreeing to do one with a friend and then cheating immediately at the kickoff makes it all the worse.

Inbody machines are BIA machines, which generally have 8%+/- margins of error. That means that if your result says your bf% is 25%, it could be as low as 17% and as low as 33%. Additionally, when you compare results across time, the error doesn't stay constant--it can still go in either direction. It's possible you'll get to the end of your competition having lost considerable fat but the Inbody machine will not reflect that.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, your contest would be just as accurate as a "magic 8 ball". So at the end of the contest, just ask it "Magic 8 ball, did I win the contest?" ;-)

kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) kordothebear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    Your body fat percentage is likely quite a bit higher than 25-27% so I don't see the point of trying to game the system to make it appear to be higher at first.

I tend to think that body fat loss competitions are dumb to begin with but agreeing to do one with a friend and then cheating immediately at the kickoff makes it all the worse.

Inbody machines are BIA machines, which generally have 8%+/- margins of error. That means that if your result says your bf% is 25%, it could be as low as 17% and as low as 33%. Additionally, when you compare results across time, the error doesn't stay constant--it can still go in either direction. It's possible you'll get to the end of your competition having lost considerable fat but the Inbody machine will not reflect that.
    I'm open to doing another method but doing inbody cause we both have easy access to it, is there better measurements that widely available?

regarding my current BF, i did my own tests and measurements and got the below
    26% us naval method

23% active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

my goal is to lose 12% body fat over the 14 week period. I have every intention to do that with the 1k deficit a day and 4x lifting a week, is there a better method to cut fat?

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is what I would do, OP...

Scrap the bodyfat test altogether, and take a picture of you and your buddy standing next to each other wearing shorts and no shirt.

At the end of 4 full months, take another picture of the two of you again to compare against the first one under the same lighting, etc. You may not be able to know who lost more bf%, but you should be able to clearly see who made better progress.

Also...consider the 4 months just the beginning, and the contest just a benchmark to gauge your progress instead of an end point. A 300-500 calorie deficit might be easier to maintain as well.

Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    This is what I would do, OP...

Scrap the bodyfat test altogether, and take a picture of you and your buddy standing next to each other wearing shorts and no shirt.

At the end of 4 full months, take another picture of the two of you again to compare against the first one under the same lighting, etc. You may not be able to know who lost more bf%, but you should be able to clearly see who made better progress.

Also...consider the 4 months just the beginning, and the contest just a benchmark to gauge your progress instead of an end point. A 300-500 calorie deficit might be easier to maintain as well.
    i have done the 1k deficit a day before over a similar amount of time, just with light workouts not heavy lifting.

regarding the picture idea, we live in different states. Also I'm probably 6-9% higher body fat percentage right now, so I like that bet. Just don't like the variance the inbody test allows for.

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kordothebear View Post
    i have done the 1k deficit a day before over a similar amount of time
    I'm guessing that didn't work out that well since you're now back to square one again.

Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    I'm guessing that didn't work out that well since you're now back to square one again.
    it did for the 2 periods i have done it. Lost over 30 pounds both times. It's not a plan I can maintain. That's a lifestyle change I am willing to make