TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Just got a NASM PES. I just don't feel qualified to have it.

I failed the test twice. I have a nasm got that I got on my own merit (not that there's much of a choice). I used my notes, the textbook, and some of Google to pass. I answered most questions on my own and got a 75%, but I'm not too hyped about it. I honestly feel kind of ashamed really. I need the CEUs in order to keep my current job. I just feel so disappointed that I couldn't do it on my own.

I had no degree in exercise science, but I have a very expansive knowledge of fitness. I already aced their cpt course with flying colors, but I couldn't wrap my head around the pes. I feel like I can train athletes well, but I've only worked at LA Fitness for almost 2yrs. Most of my clients are older folk and uncoordinated younger folk. I just can't get that want feeling that I had with getting my cpt. I failed twice. I got 60% and 61% on my own 😨😢

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheTransMan View Post
    I failed the test twice. I have a nasm got that I got on my own merit (not that there's much of a choice). I used my notes, the textbook, and some of Google to pass. I answered most questions on my own and got a 75%, but I'm not too hyped about it. I honestly feel kind of ashamed really. I need the CEUs in order to keep my current job. I just feel so disappointed that I couldn't do it on my own.

I had no degree in exercise science, but I have a very expansive knowledge of fitness. I already aced their cpt course with flying colors, but I couldn't wrap my head around the pes. I feel like I can train athletes well, but I've only worked at LA Fitness for almost 2yrs. Most of my clients are older folk and uncoordinated younger folk. I just can't get that want feeling that I had with getting my cpt. I failed twice. I got 60% and 61% on my own 😨😢
    Don't NOT feel ashamed. Forget about it and move on. The fact that you are thinking about how to improve puts you above most other personal trainers who only care about "getting certified." Don't spend extra money getting another cert if you dont have to. Focus on the knowledge. study the books, attend seminars etc. I know these days LA Fitness is all about the NASM cert (I have no idea why...). Spend the least to maintain your CPT cert and focus on helping your clients.

if I could give you a piece of advice, learn about rhabdo. Not sure if you learned about it but this is something I know quite a bit about. Here are some of my reviews to help you
    https://joe-cannon.com/category/rhabdo-articles/

Again, hold your head high. You will be ok. Trust me.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com