need2gainnn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need advice for a high calorie diet

Hello,

I’m 5’4 and weight 114 and am trying to get to 124lbs. For you ladies out there that started as small as me what did your diet consist of. I only really eat chicken so it would be dope if your diet consisted of chicken and not just plant based.

I plan on lifting but work has been shifting my regimen in the wrong gear. So there’s no time like the present and I’m just here trying to get better and make improvements and reach my goal. My goal is to be very toned, I want more definition in my legs and arms as well as strengthen my core. Any and all advice as well as insight into your regimen would help!

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm 5'2" and started under 100 pounds. My diet goes through drastic changes depending if I'm cutting for stage, or gaining for power lifting.

Right now, I'm at the tail end of a bulk. Trying to push as close to 3500-4000 calories as I can. My diet consists of just about everything. I feel like I feel better when I eat clean, so I do as much as possible. I'm a big proponent of red meat, I tend to eat a fair bit of ground sirloin. I definitely eat chicken, turkey, pork, etc. Lots of eggs. Peanut butter, etc. I could go on and on here.

The thing is... toned is a vague term. Often girls just mean skinny... and that doesn't work the way people think. If you don't have the right amount of muscle, you don't get the 'toned' look you are after. You just look skinny... or what some people call 'skinny fat' ... which often is just the fact that there is no base of muscle to make the body look how a person wants it to when the fat is gone.

The general info you've given above hints at having the right idea. Gain first... eat in a surplus and lift, put on the muscle. You'll gain some fat with the muscle, that's how the body works. Gain at the right pace and you can avoid too much fat. After gaining for a decent amount of time (think months, not weeks), you cut the fat and see where you're at. Lather, rinse, repeat, until you get where you want to be!

Obviously I'm being super general here - that's because there are some sticky threads in the women's forums that have the finer details of everything I'm mentioning here. Read through those to get a good understanding and you should be good to go!

Good luck to you!
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

I've been 5'5 and 110 pounds most of my adult life, it's just been my 'normal' weight for years. I am now around 130 pounds and probably leaner than I was at 110 pounds, even after 2 kids. Cutting is easier than bulking in my opinion because it can be a mindf*ck.

Prior to my first competition my weight was around 115-120 (max) pounds. April 2019 I stepped on stage (dehydrated) at 108 pounds. Fast forward to now, I am working with a new coach that loves carbs as much as I do. I am 130 pounds today. Pretty lean also.

I'm a creature of habit and my diet mostly consists of: fruits (all of them), veggies, white potatoes, white rice, whole eggs, lots of chicken and turkey because it's the most convenient for me, shrimp, white fish, salmon, horse meat (I'm borderline anemic so it helps a lot), beef and pork (on rare occasion), canned tuna. Also greek yogourt, almond milk, whey isolate, nuts & nut butter (all of them), dark chocolate, protein bars (convenient), ezekiel bread, some low fat cereal post-workout. I feel better eating mostly 'clean' or I get digestive issues. I feel I have a lot of options... for some it may seem restrictive but it's easy for me to always eat the same stuff as I don't have to think about it too much.

That being said, in off season I also have some homemade banana bread, cookies, ice cream. All in reasonable (most of the time) amounts.

Good luck! You'll get there if you're persistent and work hard!
    Mom of two boys.

Competed for the first time in 2019.
    Managed to voluntarily put on 22 pounds during off season, ready to bring an updated version to the stage when shows start happening again!