Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Slight light-headedness when standing up. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm eating 170g or more of protein and 70g of fat daily as I try to lose weight. This afternoon I went cycling (16 km) and now, two hours late, I've gotten SLIGHTLY light-headed when getting up from my chair, twice. I sure hope I'm not doing something wrong. I also take a multivitamin daily and I'm confident I drink enough water. I've been doing this routing for 17 days now. I'm currently at 103 kg, 30 years old.

I've read there could be irregularities in blood pressure from the body still adapting to exercise, though this hasn't happened before. I've also read there could be issues with hormonal responses, but I'm supposedly eating enough fat to keep the hormonal system working properly. Then again, I did push myself today to increase my average speed.

It could just be a one-day fluke, but I wanted to ask just in case.

Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isn't this a normal thing? I've had it since i was a kid and i was always skinny

If it's really bad, could be POTS (postural orthostatic tachychardia syndrome)

Basically your blood pressure doesn't rise enough to accomodate the sudden change in posture, so your heart has to pump really hard for a few seconds to make up for it

Afaik its not entirely understood but there are theories about it, i read a magnesium deficiency can cause it

Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vrykul View Post
    Isn't this a normal thing? I've had it since i was a kid and i was always skinny

If it's really bad, could be POTS (postural orthostatic tachychardia syndrome)

Basically your blood pressure doesn't rise enough to accomodate the sudden change in posture, so your heart has to pump really hard for a few seconds to make up for it

Afaik its not entirely understood but there are theories about it, i read a magnesium deficiency can cause it
    This doesn't really happen to me, it's why it gave me pause.

Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vrykul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Xavaneptus View Post
    This doesn't really happen to me, it's why it gave me pause.
    Maybe you didnt sleep well or something, there could be a million reasons

Stop overthinking it

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, height? How many calories a day are you eating? Consistently?

Originally Posted by Vrykul View Post
    Maybe you didnt sleep well or something, there could be a million reasons

Stop overthinking it
    This is likely. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't some known symptom of doing something badly.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    OP, height? How many calories a day are you eating? Consistently?
    174 cm, around 1400-1500 cal daily, very consistently. No carbs, minimum necessary fat and the rest in protein.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Probably a lack of sodium and you're sweating more if it out with the cardio. Feel free to lie down for 5 minutes, check your heart rate while lying down, then stand up for 1 minute and check your heart rate while standing. If it goes up by 20 that's almost certainly the answer. Try to get your blood pressure checked somewhere (can be a Walmart); if it's under 120/80 you may benefit from more salt chronically if this becomes a more regular issue. Regardless you can try to eat more salt for a week or so and see if you feel better. If that doesn't help then see a doctor.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Probably a lack of sodium and you're sweating more if it out with the cardio. Feel free to lie down for 5 minutes, check your heart rate while lying down, then stand up for 1 minute and check your heart rate while standing. If it goes up by 20 that's almost certainly the answer. Try to get your blood pressure checked somewhere (can be a Walmart); if it's under 120/80 you may benefit from more salt chronically if this becomes a more regular issue. Regardless you can try to eat more salt for a week or so and see if you feel better. If that doesn't help then see a doctor.
    I doubt it's sodium, I'm adding a lot of salt to my chicken breasts & avocados. I was actually thinking on cutting it down since I suspect I'm retaining too much water. I will check my blood pressure anyway, though, thanks for the advice.

Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is likely. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't some known symptom of doing something badly.

174 cm, around 1400-1500 cal daily, very consistently. No carbs, minimum necessary fat and the rest in protein.
    here's the problem. starving yourself and eating no carbs. enjoy trashing your body
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever

Originally Posted by Vampirelol View Post
    here's the problem. starving yourself and eating no carbs. enjoy trashing your body
    I'm not losing any muscle mass and I actually have trouble consuming that much protein. I don't think I'm starving.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

So 17 days of no carbs and 1400 and feeling light headed?

Hmm I wonder what could be likely causing it
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    So 17 days of no carbs and 1400 and feeling light headed?

Hmm I wonder what could be likely causing it
    low blood sugar and lack of fuel for cardio

Op in 17 days you won’t see over night muscle loss, but it’s happening, there most likely is protein in your urine from breaking down body tissue for fuel. Up your calories, I weigh half of you and cut at a higher calorie amount
    Last edited by snailsrus; 12-18-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    low blood sugar and lack of fuel for cardio
    Yes, of course, I was being sarcastic lol
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is not a good diet. If you want to do keto (no carbs) you need to eat more fat. Raise calories to 2000 for starters.

Your calorie deficit is too large, especially if you do that much exercise and cardio.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    Yes, of course, I was being sarcastic lol
    haha I figured I don’t think any human, even resting should be under 1500 unless dying at 90 in a hospital immovable
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    found the culprit, case closed

for real though, it seems like way too many beginners get on these weird diets with minimum fat and zero carbs because "well i read from somewhere that carbs and fats make you fat sooo..."

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    This is not a good diet. If you want to do keto (no carbs) you need to eat more fat. Raise calories to 2000 for starters.

Your calorie deficit is too large, especially if you do that much exercise and cardio.
    Isn't that just, more effective? If I'm burning energy from fat, do I need energy from carbs? Forgive the presumed ignorance, but I'm not generally feeling weak or lacking in energy.Are carbs needed for more than energy?

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    found the culprit, case closed

for real though, it seems like way too many beginners get on these weird diets with minimum fat and zero carbs because "well i read from somewhere that carbs and fats make you fat sooo..."
    I read in the stickies of this forum about the minimum necessary grams of fat (0.4 * ideal weight in lbs). I didn't find any claim that there's a minimum necessary amount of carbs. I took my main info from showthread.php?t=173439001 (can't post links yet).

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Isn't that just, more effective? If I'm burning energy from fat, do I need energy from carbs? Forgive the presumed ignorance, but I'm not generally feeling weak or lacking in energy..
    And yet complaining about being lightheaded when you stand up...

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    And yet complaining about being lightheaded when you stand up...
    Well, it hasn't happened since. I ate a bit of pasta today, just in case, and I'm preparing to start eating oatmeal. I am interested in this matter, if there's information available. Is there any health consequence of not eating enough carbohydrates?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there any health consequence of not eating enough carbohydrates?
    Light-headedness for one - but this is a circular conversation. Add a little salt to your food to replenish sodium lost and that should help it from happening again.

dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc3119 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I get lightheaded when I stand up from a squatting position on the ground. A few of my friends do too, so I always figured it was just normal, although I feel like it's getting worse as I get older. I could be imagining things though...

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It’s the demons leaving your body
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"