lazyfatso is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post workout volume and muscle hypertrophy:-A burning issue!!!!

i have seen some videos and read scientific articles(?) that suggest that

workout volume is the only thing necessary for muscle hypertrophy

means

workout volume=weights x reps x sets

1000= 10kgx10x10 equals

1000=1kgx100x10

both stimulate the muscles in the same way

is this true?does doing 100 reps with 1 kg weights produce the same amount of muscular hypertrophy as doing 10 reps with 10 kg weights>>

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT STRENGTH BUT HYPERTROPHY>>
    I hv injured my back dont need to lift heavy weights

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Volume is not as easy to quantify as that. Exertion levels matter too. otherwise you could get massive legs by going for really long walks.

Read this:
    https://www.strongerbyscience.com/th...aining-volume/

thanks for the read.let me read it

@suffolkpunch

i read the article you provided brother.what is the bottom line ,the article tells ,how should i proceed with my workouts

i inferred from the article that when we do high reps 50+ with high number sets till failure hypertropy occurs.

one workout shown 20%rm doing 40+reps and hypertrophy was same

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lazyfatso View Post
    @suffolkpunch

i read the article you provided brother.what is the bottom line ,the article tells ,how should i proceed with my workouts

i inferred from the article that when we do high reps 50+ with high number sets till failure hypertropy occurs.

one workout shown 20%rm doing 40+reps and hypertrophy was same
    Yes but that's not the same as the volume example you gave. Training close to failure is even more important at higher reps - and if your example 1kgx100x10 is nowhere near failure, it doesn't count as functional volume.

In practical terms, training with super high reps is much more difficult than a more moderate weight and moderate rep levels. The amount of energy you'll have to expend and the amount of mental fortitude it takes to fight through lactic acid pain is not to be underestimated. It's far more likely you'll just cut most of the sets too short and achieve little.

Once again, the answer to a sore back is not to spend your whole life trying not to use it...

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

My thoughts on training volume

Originally Posted by lazyfatso View Post
    i have seen some videos and read scientific articles(?) that suggest that

workout volume is the only thing necessary for muscle hypertrophy

means

workout volume=weights x reps x sets

1000= 10kgx10x10 equals

1000=1kgx100x10

both stimulate the muscles in the same way

is this true?does doing 100 reps with 1 kg weights produce the same amount of muscular hypertrophy as doing 10 reps with 10 kg weights>>

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT STRENGTH BUT HYPERTROPHY>>
    I hv injured my back dont need to lift heavy weights
    Yes volume matters but muscles can grow in different ways. A good general advice for training volume is 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps;4-6 sets of 5-8 reps;4-8 sets of 1-5 reps is generally a good amount of volume to stimulate muscle growth and/or strength depending on the goal. Now of course if muscle size is the goal the majority of your workouts should focus on 8-12 reps. Check out my video on youtube if you search my channel from my link. I have several informative videos. Also exercise selection matters too. 10 sets of 10 will NOT stimulate the same type of full body muscle growth if you use the leg press compared to barbell squats.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It doesn't matter if it's theoretically true or not. It could theoretically be true but not true for you.... or theoretically untrue yet true to you. Unlike the chemical composition of synthesized drugs (e.g. 500 mgs of ibuprofen will have the same effect on most people), your DNA is unique. Because it's unique, your RNA, hormone balance, metabolism and other physiological properties could react differently to certain conditions.

It is very possible for something to work on you that may not work on someone else and vice versa.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Genetics

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's theoretically true or not. It could theoretically be true but not true for you.... or theoretically untrue yet true to you. Unlike the chemical composition of synthesized drugs (e.g. 500 mgs of ibuprofen will have the same effect on most people), your DNA is unique. Because it's unique, your RNA, hormone balance, metabolism and other physiological properties could react differently to certain conditions.

It is very possible for something to work on you that may not work on someone else and vice versa.
    You do make an excellent point. I made a video discussing the mysotatin gene in simplest terms for people who are not aware. Myo= muscle, statin= to stop. Some people have different levels and Flex Wheeler was supposedly born without the gene completely in both alleles as it was "null" For myself I know I am a hyper responder of creatine monohydrate and I tend to gain water weight faster than most guys. My first time using it, I went from 180-195 in the matter of a month of consuming it. I had already been working out for 2-3 years prior to utilizing it also. Yes, food was a factor I agree, but protein powder didn't affect me as positively as 5 grams of creatine daily. When increasing my dose 3-4 years following I bulked up to 230 pounds. I believe this a supplement that impacts muscle growth more than most would think as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, volume is a key to hypertrophy but you have to be working in the 65%+ of 1RM to at the same time. A beginner lifter probably isn't going to have the endurance to train high volume and also lift heavy enough to get the benefits.

Also, what constitutes high volume depends on who you ask. IMO, it would be 4 sets of 10 or more.

There are some really good books out there on German Volume Training if you want to go toward the more extreme end and are conditioned to do it.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****