GeorgeSteele66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best routine for weight + fat loss?

42 year old male 5’7” 210, looking to lose 25lbs and slim down, all while maintaining muscle.

Should I be doing 5 day split with an hour of cardio in the morning and lift at night or a 3 day split and cardio on off days?

Any tips are appreciated.

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wouldn't necessarily say that there is a best routine for weight loss, that's going to be driven primarily by a caloric deficit.

Where are your strength levels at and what routine have you been running so far and for how long? Numbers on your squat,bench and deadlift?

If you're just getting started or at novice strength levels I'd say opt for something like All pros.

While I'm at it, cardio isn't mandatory for weight loss, it just makes it easier to burn off some extra calories.
    Redcon1 Tier Operator - T20RSid

Some lifting stuff (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

GeorgeSteele66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that there is a best routine for weight loss, that's going to be driven primarily by a caloric deficit.

Where are your strength levels at and what routine have you been running so far and for how long? Numbers on your squat,bench and deadlift?

If you're just getting started or at novice strength levels I'd say opt for something like All pros.

While I'm at it, cardio isn't mandatory for weight loss, it just makes it easier to burn off some extra calories.
    I was a college athlete, then life happened. Now getting back into it, but I don't do bench. I do dumbbell presses 50's, deadlift 225, squat 200. The last time I lifted going 5 days a week was the thing, now I see there is loads of different theories and ideas of what is optimal.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you've had time off you don't have to (in fact probably shouldn't) jump in to 5 days a week training. Save that for further down the road where you will have to increase workloads to keep progress moving. If you do it now, you leave yourself nowhere to go.

Perhaps picks something like All Pros routine from the sticky threads - this will preserve muscle during your diet and allow steady pace of progression in a handful of barbell lifts.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go with All Pros like the above posters mentioned. I've been doing that for about a year now, but am switching to a PPL (Coolcicada PPL w/ deadlifts).