MindRaptor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner Workout Routine (Advice Needed)

Hello, this is my first post ever on here.

So a bit about me.

I know almost nothing about weight lifting. I have done some weight lifting in a weightlifting classroom setting for a few months but did not continue.

I have a two month break from school and something has changed in my life that I now have a lot of inspiration to workout. What I really want to do is gain a lot of muscle mass and lose weight. I am 5'8" and 250 pounds. Like I said earlier I have the next two months with basically nothing to do and access to my school's enormous gym. So I want to use that time working out as much as possible. Can I get some suggestions on how I go about doing this?
    Last edited by MindRaptor; 12-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.

VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MindRaptor View Post
    Hello, this is my first post ever on here.

So a bit about me.

I know almost nothing about weight lifting. I have done some weight lifting in a weightlifting classroom setting for a few months but did not continue.

I have a two month break from school and something has changed in my life that I now have a lot of inspiration to workout. What I really want to do is gain a lot of muscle mass and lose weight. I am 5'8" and 250 pounds. Like I said earlier I have the next two months with basically nothing to do and access to my school's enormous gym. So I want to use that time working out as much as possible. Can I get some suggestions on how I go about doing this?
    There are nice programs in the stickies, personally I'm following All Pro's beginners routine. Go to the stickies and pick one. If you're about to cut, most of the experienced forum members suggests All Pro.

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Choose a 3-day/week full body beginner program. There's a few in the stickies and you can find other elsewhere. All Pros is recommended, also Fierce Five (both in stickies). Do it on a cut/caloric deficit. If you haven't really lifted much before and recently, you'll make plenty of strength gains and your muscles will become more defined while you burn away the fat. I imagine you want to cut at least four months.

Read the nutrition section and stickies to estimate your caloric target on a cut as well as your macros. Stick to your diet, it's just as important as hitting the gym if you want visible results. Find this thread when your done cutting and get more advice.

Good luck!

Oh, and watch videos on the webs on proper form, and maybe see if there's a trainer at the gym that can give you some form pointer, especially on squat and deadlifts, take care of your spine