sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

My poverty calisthenics are improving!

I did 6 sets of 4 chin ups from dead hang and 5 sets of 15 push ups (chest to floor). Earlier this year, especially after breaking my hand in April, I couldn't even do 1 chin up or 10 push ups.

I also did 3 sets of 6 toes to bar back to back with 6 leg raises. I couldn't do those at all a few months ago.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

cave woman on beast mode yipiekaiyay's Avatar
    yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000) yipiekaiyay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    I did 6 sets of 4 chin ups from dead hang and 5 sets of 15 push ups (chest to floor). Earlier this year, especially after breaking my hand in April, I couldn't even do 1 chin up or 10 push ups.

I also did 3 sets of 6 toes to bar back to back with 6 leg raises. I couldn't do those at all a few months ago.
    Good comeback bro.
    49ers!

ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's awesome. Keep on grinding it out and you're going to look back at these and admire your transformation in general strength. Calisthenics has always been something I admired especially since it's what I started with. I used to go down to the park near my place (kids weren't there so no ****) and did calisthenics including like dips on the bar, pull-ups, chin-ups, leg raises, windscreen wipers, etc and it was honestly fun.
    Mental health really is the most important aspect in your everyday life, don't ever neglect it and if you're feeling down, reach out to someone and ask for it. If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's have a chat.

shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    That's awesome. Keep on grinding it out and you're going to look back at these and admire your transformation in general strength. Calisthenics has always been something I admired especially since it's what I started with. I used to go down to the park near my place (kids weren't there so no ****) and did calisthenics including like dips on the bar, pull-ups, chin-ups, leg raises, windscreen wipers, etc and it was honestly fun.
    That does sound really fun. And yeah lol it's illegal to go into kid playgrounds without a kid, which I learned way too recently for comfort.

I'm weirdly good at dips compared to how much I suck at push ups. I can do easy sets of 8. Idk why.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That does sound really fun. And yeah lol it's illegal to go into kid playgrounds without a kid, which I learned way too recently for comfort.

I'm weirdly good at dips compared to how much I suck at push ups. I can do easy sets of 8. Idk why.
    Hmm, I'm not sure if it's actually illegal in Australia to go to a kids playground without a kid but if you're a creeper lookin fuk, the parents will just slap your soul out of your body anyway. It's good that you're better at dips because it is a more shoulder-dominant exercise when push-ups is more chest then shoulder dips will be. Just start doing weighted dips if you do want to get more stronger with them, definitely has helped my strength with them.

What type of other calisthenics do you find an interest in?
    Mental health really is the most important aspect in your everyday life, don't ever neglect it and if you're feeling down, reach out to someone and ask for it. If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's have a chat.

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great job! I need to get back into doing push ups. Been slacking lately. Crazy how fast you lose strength on stuff like that when not doing routinely. I love dips but they f with my bad shoulder.
    Unapproved sig line

Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure if it's actually illegal in Australia to go to a kids playground without a kid but if you're a creeper lookin fuk, the parents will just slap your soul out of your body anyway. It's good that you're better at dips because it is a more shoulder-dominant exercise when push-ups is more chest then shoulder dips will be. Just start doing weighted dips if you do want to get more stronger with them, definitely has helped my strength with them.

What type of other calisthenics do you find an interest in?
    Well, I want more gymnastic skill for BJJ so I'm working on handstands to be able to do handstand walks, and also straddle site to progress to planche and stuff like that. I'm not there yet, though! You?

Originally Posted by Legz422 View Post
    Great job! I need to get back into doing push ups. Been slacking lately. Crazy how fast you lose strength on stuff like that when not doing routinely. I love dips but they f with my bad shoulder.
    Yeah I have to be warmed up for dips or they pull at my chest and shoulders. Form really matters with this stuff.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Well, I want more gymnastic skill for BJJ so I'm working on handstands to be able to do handstand walks, and also straddle site to progress to planche and stuff like that. I'm not there yet, though! You?
    Why can I just imagine you doing a headstand and choking someone out with your legs at the same time. Hella dangerous. You'll be able to pull off the handstands in no time, all it takes is just time and effort trust me. Planche might take a while but Casca seems to be going pretty good at it so maybe talk to him for some tips, he seems to be an advocate for calisthenics. I'm just doing weighted dips for shoulder strength/general upperbody and windscreen wipers for abdominals/obliques. Mostly focusing on weightlifting though.