Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Registered User GovermentCheese's Avatar
    GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GovermentCheese is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Damn man, what you described is pretty heart breaking, and paints a bleak picture of the future of this country. srs question, how do you think it can be fixed?

GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000) GordonXXX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GovermentCheese View Post
    Damn man, what you described is pretty heart breaking, and paints a bleak picture of the future of this country. srs question, how do you think it can be fixed?
    Vote Republican!

DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DSTEE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    already answered

Originally Posted by RainingBlood View Post
    The city needs to be burned down and replaced with agricultural land. Have the students work in the agricultural industry if they don't give a **** about school. Srs, berries are getting expensive as **** now.

about tree fiddy keyboardworkout's Avatar
    keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My cousin who was ex Army intelligence served in the Peace Corps (CIA) during the 80s in Thailand until he was kicked out of the country. Ended up bringing a Thai wife home with him.

As a joke he thought it would be funny to give my picture and address out to a bunch of high school girls when I was 12. My mailbox was flooded daily with mail from Thai girls wanting me to come visit them.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dabbmw2002 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I didn't see any pregnant students, but a lot of students were born when their mom was like 16. I saw three transgender students (males dressing as females) and their peers were oddly accepting of them. My coworker says that some of the students bang the transgender students.

One of my worst, most ghetto kids was from a two parent household with an income of over 100k. He was fat, short, and always told me how he had Draco's, AK's, FN's, etc. He showed me a video of him in a group fight and he tried intimidating me. I found out his mom works for Chrysler and makes like 50k a year and his dad is a master's of mathematics and teaches at a private school. I called him out in front of the entire class. That's just one example though.

My company I worked for was semi-ghetto. We could blast gangsta rap and we could swear and the black people could say the N word. That was our company culture. I think it does normalize this behavior, and it shouldn't. My boss told me I didn't need to be so professional while on the job.
    Outside of DC where I grew up there are a lot of middle class black families with parents with decent jobs, yet their kids are straight thugs. Mindblowing. In my early teens I had a brief period where I thought it was cool to be a thug but my old man straightened me out real fast. It's a massive cultural problem, but lucky for me my father was an immigrant who resented ghetto behavior.
    American For Trump

Keep America Great

29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) 29erbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I understand what you're saying completely. I grew up in Brightmoor and went to Detroit public schools. When my family moved out of the area I was a freshman in highschool. I was so far behind. I was a 4.0 student in elementary school. In junior high I was like everyone else and did not care. I had to bust my ass to graduate in the early 2000's. Even being a child I could understand the helpless situation we were all in. I remember one class we had no teacher for 6 months or so. It was a free for all. We watched Jerry Springer that hour, gambled whatever money we had, got in fights... I am a lurker and had to reset my password from a few years ago just to post in your thread.

HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000) HaiMeesk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can any of them dunk or run the 40 good?

Seriously, they need jobs. Manufacturing whatever...MAGA MAGA MAGA
    *** Female Ass Worshiper ***
    *** Girls don't fart or poop crew ***
    *** Boston Sports Crew ***
    *** Always uses "effect" rather than "affect" crew ***
    *** 603 Live Free or Die crew ***

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tempted to neg for turning things political.
    Well, Detroit is a $hithole because of politics.......so
    ▪█───█▪ Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody want to lift no heavy-azz weights. ▪█───█▪

Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vhagar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How often did you get bullied because of your tiny size?

Do you feel less inclined to blindly support liberal policies that offer nothing but limitless handouts to people who refuse to help themselves?
    XXXVI-XXXVIII-XXXIX-XLIX-LI-LIII
    Tommy 6 Rings Brady Crew
    *Jobby and Chagar crew*

RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It can't be fixed.
    I just thought of another story:
    I was working one on one with a student who never did ANYTHING during class. This kid was just completely apathetic. I talked to his teacher and told her that I suspected he couldn't read/write. She put a request to have him evaluated and do you know what we found out? Last year he was in the 5th grade. His dad pulled him out of his elementary school and enrolled him in high school. They accepted him without batting an eye because he was 14. AND he can't read/write, and there's not enough resources to get him a professional to work one on one with him.

This kid skipped three grades after failing elementary grades multiple times... Also, one of the middle schools ran out of room so they grabbed the oldest 8th graders and promoted them to high school. These 8th graders missed an entire year of math and are now all failing.
    Originally Posted by dabbmw2002 View Post
    Outside of DC where I grew up there are a lot of middle class black families with parents with decent jobs, yet their kids are straight thugs. Mindblowing. In my early teens I had a brief period where I thought it was cool to be a thug but my old man straightened me out real fast. It's a massive cultural problem, but lucky for me my father was an immigrant who resented ghetto behavior.
    Lots of dads are still into the thug life.
    Originally Posted by 29erbrah View Post
    I understand what you're saying completely. I grew up in Brightmoor and went to Detroit public schools. When my family moved out of the area I was a freshman in highschool. I was so far behind. I was a 4.0 student in elementary school. In junior high I was like everyone else and did not care. I had to bust my ass to graduate in the early 2000's. Even being a child I could understand the helpless situation we were all in. I remember one class we had no teacher for 6 months or so. It was a free for all. We watched Jerry Springer that hour, gambled whatever money we had, got in fights... I am a lurker and had to reset my password from a few years ago just to post in your thread.
    I taught with someone who taught in Detroit in the early 2000s, went to admin at a diff district, and is now back to teaching in Detroit. She said what ya'll experienced back then and how it is now is completely different. Mobile phones and the lack of disciplinary system ****ing eroded everything. These kids are smart enough to realize that if they collectively rebel, the admin can't do anything about it. The admin can't suspend and discipline everyone, even if it's the right thing to do. The amount of parents coming in, withdrawing their kids from school and complaining will be goddamn ridiculous and the behavior will get worse.

Have you read this article?
    https://nypost.com/2018/09/14/failin...-control-kids/
    It points the finger at the public schools, citing CHILDREN'S RIGHT'S as the reason why public schools allow their students to go nuts. There is no disciplinary system due to children's rights. I disagree with the article, because if parents don't follow up with discipline at home, then nothing is going to happen. One of the reasons phones can't be confiscated anymore is because their dumbass parents come in saying "I BOUGHT THEM THIS PHONE HOW YOU GON' TAKE IT FROM ME WHAT IF IT WAS AN EMERGENCY GIVE THAT **** BACK BITCH". The district believes children now have a right to contact their parents anytime, and parents call anytime. The teachers can't say anything if the parent calls during class and the student answers.

This might be a Detroit thing, but it's ****ing ridiculous. If there's an emergency, call the school and the school will let the student know. HOWEVER, the school is understaffed and the current staff is overworked and sometimes no one picks up the phone. If someone does, there's no guarantee it'll make it to the students because the secretaries have like 90000 goddamn things going on at once. SO, the parents buy their kids phones...

Originally Posted by HaiMeesk View Post
    Can any of them dunk or run the 40 good?
    Seriously, they need jobs. Manufacturing whatever...MAGA MAGA MAGA
    All of them are convinced they'll play college sports or NBA/NFL. I asked them what they wanted to be, what college they wanted to go, and every single one said "NFL" or "football for UMICH". Or some unrealistic **** like that. I tried telling them that suburban school kids have no problem maintaining 4.0's while kicking ass in sports and they don't believe me.

Originally Posted by jeffl1980 View Post
    Well, Detroit is a $hithole because of politics.......so
    Not entirely because of politics. Complex problems are caused by a multitude of variables. It's not just politics. Too many people ****ed up too many times.
    Originally Posted by Vhagar View Post
    How often did you get bullied because of your tiny size?

Do you feel less inclined to blindly support liberal policies that offer nothing but limitless handouts to people who refuse to help themselves?
    I was the tallest person in the school. I was often asked if I played basketball. I was picked on because of the color of my skin and the texture of my hair.

What liberal policies are you talking of?
    ***5'1" and Proud!***
    Rawr x3 *nuzzles*

propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I remember getting into an argument with that kingswrv guy on here. When that video came out with that teacher finally breaking and tackling the kid or something

It is all pointless cause the environment theyre in 16 hours kf the day trumps the 8 hour one. Along with the inherent role parents play in development

Honestly, i think youre a bit lucky they didnt decide to pick on teachers from your stories. Make your life hell while being unable to fight back

RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RainingBlood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    I remember getting into an argument with that kingswrv guy on here. When that video came out with that teacher finally breaking and tackling the kid or something

It is all pointless cause the environment theyre in 16 hours kf the day trumps the 8 hour one. Along with the inherent role parents play in development

Honestly, i think youre a bit lucky they didnt decide to pick on teachers from your stories. Make your life hell while being unable to fight back
    One thing that shocked me was the cultural differences in school. Teachers saying "If you don't knock it off, I'll beat your ass" is actually normal. Some dude who runs some sort of organization for young, underprivileged men worked in a nearby elementary school. We'll call him Mr. Q. He usually helped with arrival and getting the students organized in the morning. He always put his hands on students, shoved them, grabbed them, screamed at them, and swore at them. And guess what? They listened, and no one did anything about it.

Some parents are okay with you threatening or hitting their children. My friend told me that in the black community, threatening and hitting isn't as hurtful as white communities where the parents lose their ****. Some parents raised their kids to respond and behave when physically threatened or when someone gets angry. I never did any of that, though.

On a sidenote, one of my students did 2 years in juvie for bodyslamming his tiny teacher when he was in the 6th grade. So kids DO hit teachers, and some can actually hurt you.
    ***5'1" and Proud!***
    Rawr x3 *nuzzles*

nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Detroiter checking in. Not surprised at all. Glad you experienced it first hand so now you know how bad it is.

This animated map shows the location of homicides in the 48205 (4820-DIE) ZIP code since 2009.

sauce:
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/st...one/432776002/

Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vindicator32000 View Post
    Thank you for making the world a better place. The Universe needs more people like you in it.

The people you've seen who are really far gone, (drugs, abuse, poverty, gangs etc.) do you honestly think there's any hope for them? Do you have any success stories of kids you've worked with?
    There's no hope. People gotta want to better themselves. Clearly these students don't. I grew up in Newark, NJ, so I know how this goes, yet I was able to get out from under poverty.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. . . . Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place." -Tecumseh

Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    There's no hope. People gotta want to better themselves. Clearly these students don't. I grew up in Newark, NJ, so I know how this goes, yet I was able to get out from under poverty.
    Yeah but...these days its all the rage to cast the blame for elsewhere.

zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zknarc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brah don't give up. You just need to go after cases you can actually help, these kids are too far gone.

My sister taught at a college known for chitty students (but a LOT better than your experiences!) and did manage to help some of the kids who went on to turn their lives around.
    *trying to be a zoomer but still a doomer crew*

hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) hotsaucebrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have a friend who is a professor at a D2 college and some of the essays and papers he gets are unreadable. This is at an university. *Watch Last Chance U. He said it was basically like that.

Another guy I know was a hs teacher and football coach. Same complaints as the OP although not as bad. Legit had upperclassman that were illiterate. He was basically forced to pass them. He quit after 5 years.
    No Glow, No Go Crew

*Cries about negs* Crew

Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    did this actually red pill you or are you still planning on voting for cucked leftists next year?

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I grew up in the boonies, so while things were never that crazy horrible in school, there were enough a few jackasses that would fit the description of some of the kids you helped.

I'm fully convinced most are doomed because of their parents. The worst kids in school would always be from a single parent home, or had parents that were absolute chitbags. The kids that were the smartest and did well? Loving two parent household.

So much chit is predetermined when we're born. You say they can pull themselves out of it, which is true, but how would they even know? This has been their life since birth. Their parents are into the same chit. This is all they know. This is all they think their good for.

Something a guy said to me once stuck with me. He said people tend to live up to expectations. Kids that go to college? Their parents didn't hope, they expected that chit. They don't hope their kids will be home at a certain time, they expect it. Kids in those really poor stupid areas have little to no expectations. No one expects them to succeed. No one expects them to be great. No one expects them to get married and have kids in wedlock. Their only expectations anr to not get shot or hit by a bus, so they manage to at least do that.

Some will break out statistically speaking, but most won't. That's just life. Chit starts at home.
    ***The Misadventures of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 450x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dick Crew***
    ***Black Crew***
    ***High Test Crew***
    ****King of the Misc****
    ****2019 Aesthetics Crew****

Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bullneckbruh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    I grew up in the boonies, so while things were never that crazy horrible in school, there were enough a few jackasses that would fit the description of some of the kids you helped.

I'm fully convinced most are doomed because of their parents. The worst kids in school would always be from a single parent home, or had parents that were absolute chitbags. The kids that were the smartest and did well? Loving two parent household.

So much chit is predetermined when we're born. You say they can pull themselves out of it, which is true, but how would they even know? This has been their life since birth. Their parents are into the same chit. This is all they know. This is all they think their good for.

Something a guy said to me once stuck with me. He said people tend to live up to expectations. Kids that go to college? Their parents didn't hope, they expected that chit. They don't hope their kids will be home at a certain time, they expect it. Kids in those really poor stupid areas have little to no expectations. No one expects them to succeed. No one expects them to be great. No one expects them to get married and have kids in wedlock. Their only expectations anr to not get shot or hit by a bus, so they manage to at least do that.

Some will break out statistically speaking, but most won't. That's just life. Chit starts at home.
    So fuking true man
    OVO

pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000) pechorin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the fascinating thread. Really I’m amazed by your experience and I appreciate the write up.

You should contact some news I feel like there could be a long form story here.

Your experience I’ve never read about in any damn news.

I think it’s incredible that the wealthiest country in the world is having these issues. I can guarantee you the poorest goddamn country over in Asia or something has better quality education for the kids.

And the reason is parenting. That is the issue. Parenting and as a result, the culture is the problem here and it will never get better. These kids all have scum for parents, and the cycle will continue forever. No amount of money will change it.

A strong culture of respect and discipline and consequences needs to take over in these regions. Anyways thanks for the experience. Would love to hear any more stories
    Pусский Бра Kpy
    my crappy AI misc post generator
    http://miscgenerator.herokuapp.com/
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167937873

PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ...I was the tallest person in the school. I was often asked if I played basketball. I was picked on because of the color of my skin and the texture of my hair.

What liberal policies are you talking of?
    How are you the tallest at 5’1”? Does not compute.

What kind of racism did they direct towards you?

What were the school lunches like? Around here where I live, plenty of kids do not eat at home. They hopefully get to school in time for school breakfast, get free lunch and some get food sent home. They’ll get bullied or robbed for the food backpacks though. There are also summer lunch programs. What did that school have?

Originally Posted by nn586 View Post
    Detroiter checking in. Not surprised at all. Glad you experienced it first hand so now you know how bad it is.

This animated map shows the location of homicides in the 48205 (4820-DIE) ZIP code since 2009.

sauce:
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/st...one/432776002/
    Across the street from my school, there was a bunch of Counts lol. Mid 30s/40s, do nothing but sit on the porch and drink/listen to music all day. All of them wore some sort of red, with their friends pulling up sometimes in all red. I suspect they're oldheads as my students no longer rep their colors (I mean, who the **** is a member of a gang and reps the colors, that **** is stupid as ****).
    Originally Posted by zknarc View Post
    Brah don't give up. You just need to go after cases you can actually help, these kids are too far gone.

My sister taught at a college known for chitty students (but a LOT better than your experiences!) and did manage to help some of the kids who went on to turn their lives around.
    I think college is different than high school. A lot of students attend university out of their own dime, their parents', or because welfare is dictating that they attend classes whilst searching for a job. There is more motivation and maturity with adults.
    Originally Posted by hotsaucebrah View Post
    Have a friend who is a professor at a D2 college and some of the essays and papers he gets are unreadable. This is at an university. *Watch Last Chance U. He said it was basically like that.

Another guy I know was a hs teacher and football coach. Same complaints as the OP although not as bad. Legit had upperclassman that were illiterate. He was basically forced to pass them. He quit after 5 years.
    I TA'd at my huge research school and a lot of the papers were bad, but not Detroit bad. My best student will turn in an assignment like this: "Over winter brake I hunged out with my dad friends and play video gaemse" in sloppy ass handwriting and that's basically it. One of my students had a math assignment that went like this:

"Simplify the following:

A. [insert problem]

B. [insert problem]

C. [insert problem]"

He circled "A." and turned it in. I told him it was a problem for him to solve, and I told him to solve A, he needs to square it. He drew a square around the problem and turned it in. He was genuinely pissed because he can't read and doesn't know math and doesn't know what any of these words are.
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    did this actually red pill you or are you still planning on voting for cucked leftists next year?
    I've never voted.
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post

I expected them so succeed, dead serious. All they did was flock to the other corpsmembers/teachers who gave answers out. They are hopeless. Whenever I get flagged down for help, it's "whats this mean". I say "did you read the question?". They say "nope". I say "why?". They say "because it doesn't make sense". The question will be " Define the following terms: [insert term list]". They will ask me where to get the terms, and I will tell them to look back at the text. They will look back at the text and not find any of the terms despite them being ****ing BOLDED AND IN ORDER throughout the text. That's not stupidity, that's laziness.

This is precisely why I quit. I ain't helping anyone with anything.
    Originally Posted by pechorin View Post
    Thanks for the fascinating thread. Really I’m amazed by your experience and I appreciate the write up.

You should contact some news I feel like there could be a long form story here.

Your experience I’ve never read about in any damn news.

I think it’s incredible that the wealthiest country in the world is having these issues. I can guarantee you the poorest goddamn country over in Asia or something has better quality education for the kids.

And the reason is parenting. That is the issue. Parenting and as a result, the culture is the problem here and it will never get better. These kids all have scum for parents, and the cycle will continue forever. No amount of money will change it.

A strong culture of respect and discipline and consequences needs to take over in these regions. Anyways thanks for the experience. Would love to hear any more stories
    I really, really, really wish I could tell you that this isn't uncommon... but it's common in inner city schools.

I've found some stuff I think you and others would be interested in:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._member_i_was/
    This is the area where you can find some of the roughest neighborhoods in Detroit. Many of the houses in the neighborhood around the school were abandoned and it was quite dangerous. My first month there a student was shot in the leg across the street from campus and I got maced in the hallway, along with a bunch of kids, by a security guard.
    I can confirm the bolded because my boss's current wife did a service term with Americorps at Cody High School in Detroit. It was so bad that they couldn't get the kids to leave the hallways and go to class, so when the bell rang, security came in with visors and pepper sprayed everyone in the halls. Illegal? Yes, but it's Detroit and no one gives a ****.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Teachers/co...ned_me_into_a/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Teachers/co...ly_one_of_the/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Teachers/co...ercity_school/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mpact-n1072721 (This kid went is suing because he was valedictorian at a Detroit school and he failed community college classes, so that gives you an idea of how the standards are)
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/edu...ls/2278181001/ (This is a huge issue and we had like 30 high schoolers get transferred in randomly because the parents get pissed off at other schools and just transfer their kids out, very interesting outcomes it has on grades)
    Originally Posted by PAU1 View Post
    How are you the tallest at 5’1”? Does not compute.

What kind of racism did they direct towards you?

What were the school lunches like? Around here where I live, plenty of kids do not eat at home. They hopefully get to school in time for school breakfast, get free lunch and some get food sent home. They’ll get bullied or robbed for the food backpacks though. There are also summer lunch programs. What did that school have?
    I'm Asian/Caucasian, so a lot of "ching chong" and "you had everything you wanted when growing up, didn't you?". I didn't get offended because most kids have never seen someone of Asian descent and they weren't being actually racist (no one ever said anything like "asians are the least superior" or some ****).

School lunches were horrible, according to them. I thought they were okayish-looking. Kids really didn't eat everything, though. They'd get a ****load of food, take a few bites and throw it away, throw it at others, or trade it/sell it for cash.

School here offers free breakfast, lunch, and also gives them food to go home. School also has washers/dryers to help students who can't afford to do their laundry. I'm not aware of any summer programs. I don't think my school could afford that srs.
    Last edited by RainingBlood; 12-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    ***5'1" and Proud!***
    Rawr x3 *nuzzles*

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Neither the parents nor the politicians seem to expect much from these kids. Fundamentally that's why most of them don't really care about their own education. Naturally, kids see school as a chore that takes away their free time. If they weren't raised in an environment that values education then they're unlikely to take responsibility for it, and simply see it as a hindrance to their inhibitions. Given we're talking inner city Detroit, most of them were probably raised in piss-poor households where drug use and crime are rampart - whoever actually overcame the odds to get an education got the **** out of there as soon as they could, and the most visible "successful" people are probably gangsters, athletes or entertainers - of course, none of these career paths actually require formal education. So the kids by and large don't have any expectations from the adults surrounding them, and not by the socio-political system either - money gets invested in things that deliver quick wins (e.g. computers over fixing up infrastructure), and grades just get inflated when kids aren't doing well.

Sorry to hear that you felt like you made no difference. Sometimes you're just a working cog in a broken machine. You can't work at a high school level with kids who can barely read or do math. It starts when they're much younger.
    Vincit Omnia Industria

Go Canucks Go!

Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could avoid a lot of these problems if you gave inner-city kids practical and useful education (ex. vocational training/job training/computer training etc) which they could use to help out their families rather than just pump them full of bullsh*t liberal arts education. What will an inner-city youth do with the history of ancient river valley civilizations when he/she comes back home to a drugged-out mom, absent father, gangs, home falling apart, violence, abuse, police encounters etc etc etc.
    *Simplicty is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm still trying to wrap my head on how illiterate 9th graders can even exist. How is this legal?
    ***The Misadventures of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 450x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dick Crew***
    ***Black Crew***
    ***High Test Crew***
    ****King of the Misc****
    ****2019 Aesthetics Crew****

Registered User ralphlaurenbrah's Avatar
    ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ralphlaurenbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just lol @ thinking you can help trash. Sorry brah, that's their parents job, and their parents failed them. Now their lives are fuked forever.

Anyone that has been around trash can understand why I say this. They are beyond help. Their culture is too ****ed.

My favorite was when I went to the best school in the state and they bussed in ghetto trash and the fuking trash would just stand in the halls and block all of us that were working our fuking asses off. They wouldn't even go to class or do HW, started fights every single ****ing day and did nothing but sell drugs and other bull****. **** those kids and their families. It's impossible to bring them up, they will just bring you down. Their IQ is seriously on average ~85... That is borderline mentally retarded. Do some research...

Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hnbn1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Working 50 hours/wk + 10 hrs commute like you did is too much. If you want to help kids like that you need to have high energy.

PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So OP, it sounds like your effort did not make the difference you intended. Based on what I read, it sounds hopeless. And it is an army of worthless people doomed to perpetuate the cycle. Do you see any salvation for the kids?
    Originally Posted by ralphlaurenbrah View Post
    Just lol @ thinking you can help trash. Sorry brah, that's their parents job, and their parents failed them. Now their lives are fuked forever.

Anyone that has been around trash can understand why I say this. They are beyond help. Their culture is too ****ed.

My favorite was when I went to the best school in the state and they bussed in ghetto trash and the fuking trash would just stand in the halls and block all of us that were working our fuking asses off. They wouldn't even go to class or do HW, started fights every single ****ing day and did nothing but sell drugs and other bull****. **** those kids and their families. It's impossible to bring them up, they will just bring you down. Their IQ is seriously on average ~85... That is borderline mentally retarded. Do some research...
    There is a real diagnosis called cultural-familial retardation/intellectual disability.
    Familial Retardation, also called socio-cultural or cultural-familial retardation, refers to a state of mild mental retardation that is believed to be the result of environmental factors, usually related to some types of psychosocial disadvantages; lack of prenatal care, impoverished circumstances, poor diet, lack of intellectual stimulation and opportunity, etc. rather than an identifiable physiological or neurological reason. This type of retardation, generally noted as an all-around slowness is not usually noted prior to a child starting school.

Technically we todd ed cc19882012's Avatar
    cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500) cc19882012 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I was picked on because of the color of my skin and the texture of my hair.
    Sorry to hear about this all OP. You seem to be reluctant to blame politics, I experience something similar to this and it's all politics on my end.
    If I was a university student in the uk (disclaimer), then my experience would be not just black kids like this but all colours of welfare-single parent-obese-illiterate scum. Standards have fell off a cliff, everyone gets to participate. The blacks are the worst though in my experience, and immediately hostile normally. That's not just for university but in life generally.
    One thing that pissens me is how blacks have this assumed value, and can be diabetic, obese and struggling to breathe but will still have the confidence of a housecat and berate you for some small error or mistake. And when you try to avoid these people or live apart from them then you're "hostile" or "discriminating". Self-defence is hostility smh.

The welfare state did this, you're paying people to become degenerate scum. At a certain point the authorities just give up and aid the criminals in all but the most heinous crimes - all to give the illusion of law and order rather than admitting they've lost control. We see this in London knife crime, Sweden enrichment gangs, American Democrats...