Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SeymourGains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cig Diesel View Post
    Shout out to reading
    i dont think thats how shout outs work brah

wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    only book u will ever need is the bible

learning is for the devil

NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SeymourGains View Post
    i dont think thats how shout outs work brah
    Shout outs 2 knawledge
    I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death- Leonardo Da Vinci

BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NVious View Post
    So it's not easy, but they got lucky?
    Yes.

Just in case you are trying to strawman... I've never said that luck alone was the cause of success, but I have said that it's a key factor.

(Jay Z and Master P were fortunate that Biggie and Tupac died.)

Was it out of their control to start rapping? Was it out of their control to write the music they did? Was it out of their control to apply good principles and borrow from the best? Was it out of their control not to give up right away? Was it out of their control to double down on their success?
    This is what you quoted to someone who said that hard work alone does not cause succcess...

Average millionaire only puts in an hour of self improvement. Average billionaire makes their first million at age 36, assuming they start at age 20, that's 6000 hours of work. Why can't people do an hour of self improvement? Why can't they do 6000 hours of learning? You do double that at school.

Luck isn't a thing, this is just cope from losers, the Kybalion got it right 2000 years ago, there is no luck, it's cause and effect.

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
    You dismiss luck as playing a role in success.

Like you for example, you're lucky you were are born in the country with rule of law and a functioning economy. If you were unlucky enough to be born in the Congo, and given no education so you can't read or write, you likely would not be in the in financial position that you are in Nvious. You simply would not have access to the infrastructure and institutions that you presumably take for granted, that allows you to be in the position you are in.

Do you think you would be where you are today if you were born in North Korea?.

The people living in the great depression were poor because they didn't work hard or smart enough, and not due to a catastrophic crash of the economic system (bad luck)?

Fortunate circumstance and help from others play a key role in the financial and career success of anyone, I honestly don't know how someone can genuinely believe otherwise.

Completely and totally unprovable.
    Just like your beliefs about luck (i.e. fortunate circumstances, and assistance from others) not playing a role in success.

Please do some more research into the music industry. I promise that you will more than likely realize that there are 'gatekeepers', just like there are in Film and TV. Talent and hard work alone does not make a person successful in the entertainment industry.

Just like Trump did not become a billionaire through hard work alone, and nor did his dad become a multi-millionaire through hard work alone. Fred Trump was lucky enough to be alive when the government were giving people loans to develop real estate in New York city. Trump was luckly enough to be given millions of dollars by his father, and given mentorship and networking opportunities due to his father... Neither of them created those circumstance through their own hard work, they existed independently of them.
    The Dangers Of WIFI For You, And Your Children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI

The Dangers Of WIFI For Pregnant Women: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-16623-8

Please Help People, And Donate To Amnesty International... https://www.amnesty.org/en/donate/

NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BetaAsPhuck View Post
    Yes.

Just in case you are trying to strawman... I've never said that luck alone was the cause of success, but I have said that it's a key factor.

(Jay Z and Master P were fortunate that Biggie and Tupac died.)

This is what you quoted to someone who said that hard work alone does not cause succcess...

You dismiss luck as playing a role in success.

Like you for example, you're lucky you were are born in the country with rule of law and a functioning economy. If you were unlucky enough to be born in the Congo, and given no education so you can't read or write, you likely would not be in the in financial position that you are in Nvious. You simply would not have access to the infrastructure and institutions that you presumably take for granted, that allows you to be in the position you are in.

[B.[/B]

Do you think you would be where you are today if you were born in North Korea?.

The people living in the great depression were poor because they didn't work hard or smart enough, and not due to a catastrophic crash of the economic system (bad luck)?

Fortunate circumstance and help from others play a key role in the financial and career success of anyone, I honestly don't know how someone can genuinely believe otherwise.

Just like your beliefs about luck (i.e. fortunate circumstances, and assistance from others) not playing a role in success.

Please do some more research into the music industry. I promise that you will more than likely realize that there are 'gatekeepers', just like there are in Film and TV. Talent and hard work alone does not make a person successful in the entertainment industry.

Just like Trump did not become a billionaire through hard work alone, and nor did his dad become a multi-millionaire through hard work alone. Fred Trump was lucky enough to be alive when the government were giving people loans to develop real estate in New York city. Trump was luckly enough to be given millions of dollars by his father, and given mentorship and networking opportunities due to his father... Neither of them created those circumstance through their own hard work, they existed independently of them.
    Wrong, either a soul exists in which case I chose my avatar or I am just the product of my parents genes, my parents genes made a willing decision to mix with each other therefore I chose to exist, that is not luck, it is cause and effect.

I=Mom's genes+Dad's genes
    Mom+Dad=Mom's genes and Dad's genes
    Mom's and Dad's Genes=decision to mix with each other
    Therefore I=decision of my parents to mix with each other
    Since my parents made this decision WILLINGLY and I am my parents genes, I made this decision

Cause and effect is provable, look at life in general, that is the proof.

I have proof for cause and effect, you have no proof for your apparent replication of Jay Z and Master P.

Anyways I have no chance of convincing you since you are biologically destined to be left wing and this entire luck discussion is leading nowhere.

I ask the following question:

What is the benefit of believing in luck?
    I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death- Leonardo Da Vinci

hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100) hanicetrym8 is not very well liked. (-100)
    how often do you think he faps in that week? or maybe he really is a genius and has his wife duped that he goes for 'reading weeks' when he's actually gone to a private retreat with hookers

BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BetaAsPhuck has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Wrong, either a soul exists in which case I chose my avatar or I am just the product of my parents genes, my parents genes made a willing decision to mix with each other therefore I chose to exist, that is not luck, it is cause and effect.
    OK, you believe that the you chose your avatar.

That still doesn't mean that favourable/advantageous things outside of your control (commonly called luck) doesn't exist.

Cause and effect is provable, look at life in general, that is the proof.

I have proof for cause and effect, you have no proof for your apparent replication of Jay Z and Master P.
    You also have proof that there are things outside of your control, that gave your favourable circumstances and traits.

Unless you are law of attraction extremist?

The type that believes that children being raped are 'co-creators' of their own tragedy?

Anyways I have no chance of convincing you since you are biologically destined to be left wing
    Have you heard of left wing market anarchism?

What is the benefit of believing in luck?
    Gratitude.

Gratitude for the the favourable circumstances that you have, that you didn't play a part in co-creating.

Gratitude for the help that people have given you to get where you are (e.g. the people and institutions that helped you to learn how to read, write and do basic math, which a lot of children on the planet don't have).

Gratitude for living under rule of law.

Gratitude for living in a functioning economy.

Gratitude for having open access to the internet.

etc.

If you believe that you chose all these circumstances and occurrences to be in your life, or attracted them all to happen, then I think you'll feel pride - rather than gratitude.

(The law of attraction IMO is narcissism and materialism, disguised as spirituality. I note that literally ever single person, apart from one youtuber, that I've come across who believes and practices the law of attraction, always consciously try to attract things for themselves. Where's the thoughts about others?

Maybe because tied into that metaphysical belief is the notion that you can only attract - i.e. influence - good things for your own life. Which like I said, is the narcissism disguised as spirituality. Every major religion teaches that praying for other people is good and works, ever single one. Then the law of attraction came along...)

The extreme of the the people who believe that "everyone gets what they deserve", are the spoilt narcissistic children of rich kids.
    The Dangers Of WIFI For You, And Your Children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI

The Dangers Of WIFI For Pregnant Women: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-16623-8

Please Help People, And Donate To Amnesty International... https://www.amnesty.org/en/donate/

OK, you believe that the you chose your avatar.

That still doesn't mean that favourable/advantageous things outside of your control (commonly called luck) doesn't exist.

You also have proof that there are things outside of your control, that gave your favourable circumstances and traits.

Unless you are law of attraction extremist?

The type that believes that children being raped are 'co-creators' of their own tragedy?

Have you heard of left wing market anarchism?

Gratitude.

Gratitude for the the favourable circumstances that you have, that you didn't play a part in co-creating.

Gratitude for the help that people have given you to get where you are (e.g. the people and institutions that helped you to learn how to read, write and do basic math, which a lot of children on the planet don't have).

Gratitude for living under rule of law.

Gratitude for living in a functioning economy.

Gratitude for having open access to the internet.

etc.

If you believe that you chose all these circumstances and occurrences to be in your life, or attracted them all to happen, then I think you'll feel pride - rather than gratitude.

(The law of attraction IMO is narcissism and materialism, disguised as spirituality. I note that literally ever single person, apart from one youtuber, that I've come across who believes and practices the law of attraction, always consciously try to attract things for themselves. Where's the thoughts about others?)

The extreme of the the people who believe that "everyone gets what they deserve", are the spoilt narcissistic children of rich kids.
    And what about the people who have bad luck?

https://returntonow.net/2017/09/22/8...lup-poll-says/

85% of people hate nearly 50% of their waking hours

What do you tell them? How does it benefit the 85% to believe in luck?

And what about the people who have bad luck?

https://returntonow.net/2017/09/22/8...lup-poll-says/

85% of people hate nearly 50% of their waking hours

You didn't address anything that I wrote.

Gratitude improves happiness and health... https://www.health.harvard.edu/healt...ke-you-happier

Believing that they are responsible or co-responsible for literally everything that happen in their life does not.

I think you are trying to set up a false dichotomy though. You don't need to choose between believing in luck/providence and hard work.

You didn't address anything that I wrote.

Gratitude improves happiness and health... https://www.health.harvard.edu/healt...ke-you-happier

That benefits them.

I think you are trying to set up a false dichotomy though. You don't need to choose between believing in luck/providence and hard work.
    My bad, I didn't realize I was supposed to debate the "you support child rape" argument.

It doesn't matter what I'm trying to do, answer the questions I posed or don't, you can't anyways.

My bad, I didn't realize I was supposed to debate the "you support child rape" argument.
    I wrote a lot more than that, and I was asking a genuine question.

There are people who believe that 'we attract or chose everything that happens to us'. I've literally read and heard that from multiple places.

You also said that you chose the circumstances you were born into... So presumably you believe the same for others?

Like the children born to parents that pimp them out in Thailand? That's a serious question, because it's is the logical conclusion of your belief.

It doesn't matter what I'm trying to do, answer the questions I posed or don't, you can't anyways.
    I just did.

I'll repeat...

Gratitude helps them.

Also, there is no need for a dichotomy between believing in luck//providence and also the need to exercise the will. They aren't inherently contradictory.

I wrote a lot more than that, and I was asking a genuine question.

There are people who believe that 'we attract or chose everything that happens to us'. I've literally read and heard that from multiple places.

You also said that you chose the circumstances you were born into... So presumably you believe the same for others?

Like the children born to parents that pimp them out in Thailand? That's a serious question, because it's is the logical conclusion of your belief.

I just did.

I'll repeat...

Gratitude helps them.

Also, there is no need for a dichotomy between believing in luck//providence and also the need to exercise the will. They aren't inherently contradictory.
    The logical conclusion of your belief in luck is that people should accept their circumstances and not fight them. I'm guessing you'd tell the child born to a pimp in Thailand, "better luck next time."

So the child in Thailand born to pimp parents should be grateful for that?

The logical conclusion of your belief in luck is that people should accept their circumstances and not fight them.
    No, only if you believe (like you seem to) in a false dichotomy, or that personal circumstances can only have

Again, you didn't address anything that I wrote.

Do you believe that the children being pimped out by their parents, chose their avatar or not?

I'm guessing you'd tell the child born to a pimp in Thailand, "better luck next time."

So the child in Thailand born to pimp parents should be grateful for that?
    Where have I wrote to be grateful for bad things? I've never wrote that, and nor is that in any of my examples.

Gratitude is a necessary part of the psychological healing process for trauma. Reminding and focusing on the good things in your life, and the good things that happen to you.

But it's also necessary to process and heal the bad things that have happened to you.

I also believe it's on us (the wider world) to implement things - to make social and political changes - to stop those things from happening. I don't know why you think that apathy is a consequence of believing in luck/providence... Again, I've said that I think you have a false dichotomy in your mind set up.

No, only if you believe (like you seem to) in a false dichotomy, or that personal circumstances can only have

Again, you didn't address anything that I wrote.

Do you believe that the children being pimped out by their parents, chose their avatar or not?

Where have I wrote to be grateful for bad things? I've never wrote that, and nor is that in any of my examples.

Gratitude is a necessary part of the psychological healing process for trauma. Reminding and focusing on the good things in your life, and the good things that happen to you.

But it's also necessary to process and heal the bad things that have happened to you.

I also believe it's on us (the wider world) to implement things - to make social and political changes - to stop those things from happening. I don't know why you think that apathy is a consequence of believing in luck/providence... Again, I've said that I think you have a false dichotomy in your mind set up.
    >Demands answers
    >Doesn't answer people's questions
    >Says people support child rape
    >Is surprised when they don't take him seriously
    >Says other people are looking at things through a false dichotomy

JUST LMFAO

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I read 10 hours of threads a day. I am Biil Gates.
    Trump 2024

janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol @ books. I got all my knowledge from the misc
    *eggs crew*
    *raiders crew*

>Demands answers
    I didn't demand, I just pointed it out.

>Doesn't answer people's questions
    What questions didn't I answer? Please repost them.

>Says people support child rape
    I asked questions, making a logical inference from your stated belief that you chose your 'avatar'.

If that is true for everyone, then you believe that a child choose to be born into circumstances where they are pimped out or tortured to death (it happens to babies).

You don't seem to want to answer it, but it's a logical inference to make based on the notion that we all choose the parents and circumstances that we are born into. (though maybe you only believe that you, or select few of people choose their 'avatars', and not everyone?)

I didn't make a statement, I asked a question based on a logical inference.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wincel View Post
    I mean...I can provide u miscers with a list of books that will completely change the way you look at the world, and will give you incredible new skills and understanding. But none of you will read them.
    What books are these?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    reading sucks

I wanted to add that believing that things beyond the control of an individual's will (commonly called, luck, fortune, providence, etc). Can make people more compassionate to the suffering of others.

Because part of the problem with metaphysical beliefs like the law of attraction, and the 'we all choose our parents and circumstances' (which I first read in a book when I 17, but it's a common belief in New Age circles IME) is that people are to blame for their suffering or tragedy that befalls them.

Also, the understanding that they there are things outside of the control of an individuals will IME and IMO tends to be a good antidote to arrogance or chronic and pervasive shame.

The understanding that there are things beyond the control of your will (both internal and external to you being), is again something that every major religion teaches. Theistic religions teach that there is an ultimate will (God) that is beyond our individual or collective will, and non-theistic religions teach that there is an eternal order beyond our individual or collective will, that we can't alter.

Near Death Experiencers also (as a collective) come back with the message that there is an ultimate will (God), a hidden order and intention behind everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGfSsPZtpJ4

bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigfalcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is an awesome post/thread. It is why I misc.
    How I made money writing a articles for Spiceplum ($53.50 CAD):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177834631

sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000) sgregor249 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    What books are these?
    id like to know too

wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    What books are these?
    Read:

Alberts' Molecular Biology of the Cell
    Martini & Nath's Anatomy and Physiology
    Sears and Zemansky's Introductory Physics
    Atkin's Physical Chemistry
    Voet's Biochemistry
    Taylor's Classical Mechanics
    Curtis' Linear Algebra
    Haberman's PDE
    Horowitz and Hill's The Art of Electronics
    Griffiths' Electrodynamics, Quantum Mechanics, and Introduction to Elementary Particles
    Schroeder's Introduction to Thermal Physics
    Hecht's Optics
    Fraleigh's Introduction to Abstract Algebra
    Munkres' Topology
    Rudin's Analysis

These are, in my opinion, the best introductory textbooks to various topics in STEM. I will assume you are familiar with 200 level STEM, such as calculus+differential equations, chemistry, biology, physics, etc. These books are all from undergraduate courses. The reason I chose them is because they each teach you a huge amount about the topic they cover. You could read them in descending order as listed. If you were able to get through all these books, you would have a good survey of biology, chemistry, physics, and math at an undergraduate level. If you knew about 90% of the material from all those books and were able to do the exercises, you'd be considerably more competent than the average BS in physics, math, biology, or chemistry. If you got through this entire sequence of books, you'd definitely think in an entirely different manner and have a far greater appreciation for the universe.

Yeah...every single book on that list is a textbook. The reason is that most books that are not textbooks are bullchit. In terms of nonSTEM topics, another book that I think is worth a read is Smith and Roberson's Business Law. The questions were kind of fun to do IIRC but it's been forever since I took the course, and the book is designed to very clearly explain common law. I remember they also had some interesting cases and stuff.

There is another set of harder books, but those are for grad students and specialists. Anyway, you can get these books off library genesis (duckduckgo it...it's the gen lib rus ec link).

When you read textbooks, it is important to realize that it really doesn't matter if you understand every last detail. As long as you follow some of the steps, you can keep going. You will still get a lot out of a read. You don't have to be a total expert. You can always refer back to previous things if you are lost. I've put some of the most interesting and least difficult stuff first to read. Getting through all these books would take serious study, and probably about 5 years, maybe longer depending on your skills and how busy you are with other things...

IMO Alberts' book is an amazing book worth going through. You can also look up videos for the processes they describe in the book. Sometimes the video conveys the idea better than text.

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read:

Albert's Molecular Biology of the Cell
    Martini & Nath's Anatomy and Physiology
    Sears and Zemansky's Introductory Physics
    Atkin's Physical Chemistry
    Voet's Biochemistry
    Taylor's Classical Mechanics
    Curtis' Linear Algebra
    Haberman's PDE
    Horowitz and Hill's The Art of Electronics
    Griffiths' Electrodynamics, Quantum Mechanics, and Introduction to Elementary Particles
    Schroeder's Introduction to Thermal Physics
    Hecht's Optics
    Fraleigh's Introduction to Abstract Algebra
    Munkres' Topology
    Rudin's Analysis

These are, in my opinion, the best introductory textbooks to various topics in STEM. I will assume you are familiar with 200 level STEM, such as calculus+differential equations, chemistry, biology, physics, etc. These books are all from undergraduate courses. The reason I chose them is because they each teach you a huge amount about the topic they cover. You could read them in descending order as listed. If you were able to get through all these books, you would have a good survey of biology, chemistry, physics, and math at an undergraduate level. If you knew about 90% of the material from all those books and were able to do the exercises, you'd be considerably more competent than the average BS in physics, math, biology, or chemistry. If you got through this entire sequence of books, you'd definitely think in an entirely different manner and have a far greater appreciation for the universe.

Yeah...every single book on that list is a textbook. The reason is that most books that are not textbooks are bullchit. In terms of nonSTEM topics, another book that I think is worth a read is Smith and Roberson's Business Law. The questions were kind of fun to do IIRC but it's been forever since I took the course, and the book is designed to very clearly explain common law. I remember they also had some interesting cases and stuff.

There is another set of harder books, but those are for grad students and specialists. Anyway, you can get these books off library genesis (duckduckgo it...it's the gen lib rus ec link).

When you read textbooks, it is important to realize that it really doesn't matter if you understand every last detail. As long as you follow some of the steps, you can keep going. You will still get a lot out of a read. You don't have to be a total expert. You can always refer back to previous things if you are lost. I've put some of the most interesting and least difficult stuff first to read. Getting through all these books would take serious study, and probably about 5 years, maybe longer depending on your skills and how busy you are with other things..
    ^^ This is why you're never getting laid.
    Trump 2024

Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    ^^ This is why you're never getting laid.
    Whatever, dude. You want a list of books where you actually learn things and expand ur mind, read the books I listed. You want some bullchit, go read Dostoevsky and pretend ur cultured, phaggot. I suppose the latter will impress low iq lib females at bars.

marii beatz, turn me up AltarOfPlagues's Avatar
    AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whatever, dude. You want a list of books where you actually learn things and expand ur mind, read the books I listed. You want some bullchit, go read Dostoevsky and pretend ur cultured, phaggot. I suppose the latter will impress low iq lib females at bars.
    chicks read tolstoy not dostoevsky

edit- can't believe uve posted a textbook on partial diffy q's are you joking? just put them into wolfram

https://reference.wolfram.com/langua...lEquation.html
    Last edited by AltarOfPlagues; 12-16-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    mind the business that pay me in 2020

Originally Posted by AltarOfPlagues View Post
    chicks read tolstoy not dostoevsky

edit- can't believe uve posted a textbook on partial diffy q's are you joking? just put them into wolfram

https://reference.wolfram.com/langua...lEquation.html
    Because Haberman is the clearest book on the topic, and it introduces all the different kinds of commonly used special basis functions, such as Bessel functions, spherical harmonics, etc. They also have a very strong introduction to Fourier transforms in there for applied purposes. Haberman is a no bullchit engineering oriented book. It doesn't get bogged down on mathematical details. It is extremely useful for Griffith's Electrodynamics and Quantum books.

Fukking lmao @ your link. OK what if I want an analytical closed form expression of the solution? Oh also what if I'm working on, say, a cyclindrical domain? And yes, in today's world, you don't solve anything IRL using closed form expressions, you use numerical methods. Now, there are tons of books on the various numerical methods, but that is a more sophisticated topic IMO. I'd consider that a graduate topic since in order to understand those methods, one ought to have a decent understanding of the more elementary math used to build them. The point is that, using Haberman, you will receive good preparation for understanding how to solve things like Poisson's equation from E&M and the Schrodinger equation from QM. These are used as simple models to teach you the concepts of these topics.

marii beatz, turn me up AltarOfPlagues's Avatar
    AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because Haberman is the clearest book on the topic, and it introduces all the different kinds of commonly used special basis functions, such as Bessel functions, spherical harmonics, etc. They also have a very strong introduction to Fourier transforms in there for applied purposes. Haberman is a no bullchit engineering oriented book. It doesn't get bogged down on mathematical details. It is extremely useful for Griffith's Electrodynamics and Quantum books.

Fukking lmao @ your link. OK what if I want an analytical closed form expression of the solution? Oh also what if I'm working on, say, a cyclindrical domain? And yes, in today's world, you don't solve anything IRL using closed form expressions, you use numerical methods. Now, there are tons of books on the various numerical methods, but that is a more sophisticated topic IMO. I'd consider that a graduate topic since in order to understand those methods, one ought to have a decent understanding of the more elementary math used to build them. The point is that, using Haberman, you will receive good preparation for understanding how to solve things like Poisson's equation from E&M and the Schrodinger equation from QM. These are used as simple models to teach you the concepts of these topics.
    lol ok it sounds like a cool book
    mind the business that pay me in 2020

11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    People who start threads about reading on this forum are the sort of cookie-cutter porn addicts who read books on self-mastery that other porn addicts recommend to them on youtube or which they find at the airport. The sort of yuman filth who idolise men like John Cena and Mark Wahlberg for their sickening work ethic.

mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000) mark2288 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this reminds me of the old argument about science over the arts and vice versa. each side thinking they are more important to our civilization than the other.
    "This guy has no idea of how strong I can be or how fast or how powerful I can be." - GSP