Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Md, Misc, Old-Brah SillieBazzillie's Avatar
    SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Remember how Marissa Mayer turned out with Yahoo? Or Ellen Pao with reddit? Carly Fionna with HP? Andrea Jung with Avon?

There may be a reason...
    lmfao. If I ticked down the white men who were abstract failures as CEOs this board would run out of server space.

Try again boyo.
    Early AM workout crew.
    Holy crap dude, Satan's huge crew.

SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SillieBazzillie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    lmfao. If I ticked down the white men who were abstract failures as CEOs this board would run out of server space.

Try again boyo.
    And for those of you who think I'm trying to say that corporate america and government are racist and sexist that's not it at all. As conservatives like to point out, people tend to want to be around people like them. So since whites, and men in particular, had such a massive head start in this country it only makes sense that these people would choose people that are like them to work with.

Does this not make sense?
    Early AM workout crew.

Forever College Student CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Uh boyo, the 75% you quoted is not that far off from the percentage of whites in the US. However there are 3 black fortune 500 CEOs and as I noted white men make up 66% of directorships despite not being close to 66% of the labor pool.

How do you explain this?
    How do I explain 61% white US population vs. 75% white accountant population? That wasn't even the question at hand, but I'd guess because white americans obtain relevant college degrees at a higher rate than minorities. I didn't actually have that data when I made the post, I looked it up just now.

Surely you can understand how stats about the actual work force are an even clearer indication of why executives are commonly members of the predominant race?

I should start going to predominantly Hispanic strip malls and ask why they don't appoint more white/somoan/jamaican/jewish/muslim people to managerial positions. Fair is fair boyo.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    Daenerys Targaryen is my 10/10 srs
    ₪ I was at DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    174 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 270 /// S: 335 /// D: 395

Originally Posted by CaliSuperSport View Post
    How do I explain 61% white US population vs. 75% white accountant population? That wasn't even the question at hand, but I'd guess because white americans obtain relevant college degrees at a higher rate than minorities. I didn't actually have that data when I made the post, I looked it up just now.

Surely you can understand how stats about the actual work force are an even clearer indication of why executives are commonly members of the predominant race?

I should start going to predominantly Hispanic strip malls and ask why they don't appoint more white/somoan/jamaican/jewish/muslim people to managerial positions. Fair is fair boyo.
    Ah, so you agree that companies that are predominately white are more likely to hire people who are like them. Just like Hispanic strip malls tend to hire hispanics. Oh and I think your 75% accountant/finance number lumps Hispanics in with whites since I don't see a hispanic breakout. So the relevant population number would actually be 71%.

See we're getting somewhere and you're proving the point for whites having an advantage.

Thanks friend!

btw I work in finance so I'm one of the 75%!
    Early AM workout crew.

Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Try again boyo.
    Far bigger sample size though. Those diversity hires (I'm sure put in place by people who share an out look similar to yours) I mentioned failed miserably.

Far bigger sample size though. Those diversity hires (I'm sure put in place by people who share an out look similar to yours) I mentioned failed miserably.
    So white men have a far bigger sample size eh? Why is that exactly?
    Early AM workout crew.

CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ah, so you agree that companies that are predominately white are more likely to hire people who are like them. Just like Hispanic strip malls tend to hire hispanics.
    Misreppresenting my position, new and exciting stuff

It's based on chance relative to the demographics of applicants. To further understand your point, could you answer these:

If accounting applicants were 5% white but comprised 50%+ of the work force/board, what would your opinion be of their hiring practices?
    If accounting applicants were 5% black but comprised 50%+ of the work force/board, what would your opinion be of their hiring practices?
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew

Misreppresenting my position, new and exciting stuff

It's based on chance relative to the demographics of applicants. To further understand your point, could you answer these:

If accounting applicants were 5% white but comprised 50%+ of the work force/board, what would your opinion be of their hiring practices?
    If accounting applicants were 5% black but comprised 50%+ of the work force/board, what would your opinion be of their hiring practices?
    I'm not even sure what you're asking. Accounting is pretty "fairly" represented, assuming it's counting hispanics as white, versus the overall population. And you've still never answered why board directors are so overwhelmingly white and male. And why are there only 3 Fortune 500 black CEOs and just a few more non-whites.
    Early AM workout crew.

Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So white men have a far bigger sample size eh? Why is that exactly?
    Meritocracy.

Meritocracy.
    Ah so in your opinion white men are the most naturally able to succeed in these positions.

Got it.
    Early AM workout crew.

I'm not even sure what you're asking. Accounting is pretty "fairly" represented, assuming it's counting hispanics as white, versus the overall population. And you've still never answered why board directors are so overwhelmingly white and male. And why are there only 3 Fortune 500 black CEOs and just a few more non-whites.
    I literally answered it a few posts up. The work force in these white collar industries, ergo the eligible candidates for their executive positions, are overwhelmingly white. Various google searches of other industries are turning up similar or even more extreme results. This one claims that 3.5% of financial advisers are black or latino combined: https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextave.../#3d30c937d9cb

Since you're being unclear on your solution or even suggestion on a preferred outcome, I'm going to start assuming and you can correct when needed. I'm assuming that you want minorities to have equal representation to whites in director/executive positions, despite the fact they make up a tiny portion of the industry work force.

Ah so in your opinion white men are the most naturally able to succeed in these positions.

Got it.
    Yeah....that's not what Meritocracy means.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew

I literally answered it a few posts up. The work force in these white collar industries, ergo the eligible candidates for their executive positions, are overwhelmingly white. Various google searches of other industries are turning up similar or even more extreme results. This one claims that 3.5% of financial advisers are black or latino combined: https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextave.../#3d30c937d9cb

Since you're being unclear on your solution or even suggestion on a preferred outcome, I'm going to start assuming and you can correct when needed. I'm assuming that you want minorities to have equal representation to whites in director/executive positions, despite the fact they make up a tiny portion of the industry work force.

Yeah....that's not what Meritocracy means.
    You think minorities make up a tiny portion of the industry work force? Wat? Like what, 5%, 10%?

Even at 5%, blacks would hold 25 Fortune 500 CEO seats, yet they hold 3...How many do asians and hispanics hold?

And I don't have a solution nor do I necessarily think a "solution" is needed.

And believe it or not, I actually hate corporate diversity chit. That type of thinking should come organically top down through leadership.

And that's exactly what meritocracy means.

"Meritocracy is a political system in which economic goods and/or political power are vested in individual people on the basis of talent, effort, and achievement, rather than wealth or social class."

Maybe you were confused by my use of the word natural. I meant to include talent and effort in natural.
    Early AM workout crew.

Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got a lot of Indian friends who are all about "brown power" and like to play the minority card. But then they feel incredibly hurt when Blacks and Latinos reject them.
    *Simplicty is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Got it.
    Occam's razor.

Occam's razor.
    You could just say you agree. You’ve made me look up 2 things now to be sure I understood them.
    Early AM workout crew.

cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Let me ask something else. I'm sure you'll agree that whites are far far over-represented in all the positions of power in this country. Fortune 1000 CEOs, congress, state houses, etc.

Why do you believe that is the case?
    because up until the 60s the country was 95% white

You think minorities make up a tiny portion of the industry work force? Wat? Like what, 5%, 10%?
    I mean..... I've been posting statistics which show that very fact....

Even at 5%, blacks would hold 25 Fortune 500 CEO seats, yet they hold 3...How many do asians and hispanics hold?

And I don't have a solution nor do I necessarily think a "solution" is needed.

And believe it or not, I actually hate corporate diversity chit. That type of thinking should come organically top down through leadership.
    I find that odd because you've explicitly referenced executive demographics, so the natural assumption would be that you have discord and believe there's a better option.

And that's exactly what meritocracy means.

"Meritocracy is a political system in which economic goods and/or political power are vested in individual people on the basis of talent, effort, and achievement, rather than wealth or social class."

Maybe you were confused by my use of the word natural. I meant to include talent and effort in natural.
    Then why are you hyper focused on appointment based on race?

If you want to suggest equally qualified minority candidates are passed over compared to whites, that would be something specific that can be looked into. Idk how we can discern that though without being in that company's HR department.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew

I mean..... I've been posting statistics which show that very fact....

I find that odd because you've explicitly referenced executive demographics, so the natural assumption would be that you have discord and believe there's a better option.

Then why are you hyper focused on appointment based on race?

If you want to suggest equally qualified minority candidates are passed over compared to whites, that would be something specific that can be looked into. Idk how we can discern that though without being in that company's HR department.
    I'm not suggesting race based hiring at all. I said I hate the forced corporate diversity, but to say that white's haven't enjoyed an inherent advantage in this country is a balled face lie.

I think those times are over now (except for republicans holding office) but that was the case easily through the 80's and probably the 90's too.
    Early AM workout crew.

AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AriGhold has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It’s funny watching the forum white supremacists complain about victim mentality while constantly playing the victim themselves
    OHIO AGAINST THE WORLD

I never understood wind

cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm not suggesting race based hiring at all. I said I hate the forced corporate diversity, but to say that white's haven't enjoyed an inherent advantage in this country is a balled face lie.

I think those times are over now but that was the case easily through the 80's and probably the 90's too.
    the "hawhites" have an inherent advantage in a country who was 95% white up until 5 mins ago

riveting stuff as always

those damn Chinese and their inherent advantage in China

I think those times are over now (except for republicans holding office) but that was the case easily through the 80's and probably the 90's too.
    Going back it was definitely an issue. My problem is modern day progressives using the specter of white privilege and systemic racism as persistent leverage. It's grossly overstated and also instills a defeatist mindset in minorities. When I hang out with Conservatives race NEVER comes up unless we're talking about news headlines. With liberals I talk to, it's an every day point of discussion.

My college classes are fukin embarrassing. Minority kids who have never tasted adversity yet claim to be victimized by white people. I could walk around assuming white America hates me but I chose not to, and I've been victim to real, physical racism.

Originally Posted by AriGhold View Post
    It’s funny watching the forum white supremacists complain about victim mentality while constantly playing the victim themselves
    Fukn lol. Mexican white supremecist crew checkin in.

ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew

hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000) hackerwacker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AriGhold View Post
    I'm losing the argument, therefore everyone who disagrees is a white supremacist

You're pathetic. Weakling.

Huitzilopochtli commands Weightaholic's Avatar
    Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weightaholic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The 1% is obviously a far smaller voting bloc though, and often times will be even less relevant at lower level (non federal) elections.

Also this.
    The 1% are the folks who donate to both political parties to gain influence. Of course they're catered to.
    So much universe, so little time.

QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Uh boyo, the 75% you quoted is not that far off from the percentage of whites in the US. However there are 3 black fortune 500 CEOs and as I noted white men make up 66% of directorships despite not being close to 66% of the labor pool.

How do you explain this?
    Are you sure you want to be playing the over-representation vs. demographic percentage game? You are Jewish, right? That game won't even very well for you.

QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuitYourCrying is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Let me ask something else. I'm sure you'll agree that whites are far far over-represented in all the positions of power in this country. Fortune 1000 CEOs, congress, state houses, etc.

Let me ask you something else. I'm sure you'll agree that Jews are far far FAR FAR FAAAAAAAAAAR over-represented in all the positions of power and influence in this country. Fortune 1000 CEOs, congress, news media, supreme court, entertainment industry, etc.

BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BalkanPrince is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Indians aren’t white in skin tone, same with Arabs, Hispanics, and Persians... but they do belong to the same Caucasian race as White people. The facial structure, hair, etc is all the same. Mix a white person with them and you get a 100% White baby. It’s the same race but different skin tone because of the climate in which they live. So ya, that statement is both correct and incorrect.