aresgraphicss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it easier to gain back weight you already had?

Hi,
    Basically I’ve been bulking for like a month now. I gained 5 pounds, but this last week has been finals week. I’ve been extremely stressed and I can’t eat when I’m stressed. On top of that, I got in an accident yesterday and lost my car for a week so going to the gym is difficult. I’ve lost 6 pounds since the start of the week, bc my metabolism is ridiculously fast. Will I gain the weight I lost faster than if I had never weighed more in the first place?

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aresgraphicss View Post
    Hi,
    Basically I’ve been bulking for like a month now. I gained 5 pounds, but this last week has been finals week. I’ve been extremely stressed and I can’t eat when I’m stressed. On top of that, I got in an accident yesterday and lost my car for a week so going to the gym is difficult. I’ve lost 6 pounds since the start of the week, bc my metabolism is ridiculously fast. Will I gain the weight I lost faster than if I had never weighed more in the first place?
    In the past month, I'd be willing to be you haven't gained or lost much fat or muscle at all. Your fluctuations are not likely based on fat or muscle mass changes, but water retention due to a number of factors. In this case, yes you will gain back what you have "lost" very quickly.

Now, answering the question from a general standpoint based on my knowledge. As far as fat re-gain, fat cells don't completely disappear, but rather "shrink". That being said, it's believed that a person with many fat cells that are shrunk would gain fat more efficiently than someone who doesn't have the existing fat cells present.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

aresgraphicss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    In the past month, I'd be willing to be you haven't gained or lost much fat or muscle at all. Your fluctuations are not likely based on fat or muscle mass changes, but water retention due to a number of factors. In this case, yes you will gain back what you have "lost" very quickly.

Now, answering the question from a general standpoint based on my knowledge. As far as fat re-gain, fat cells don't completely disappear, but rather "shrink". That being said, it's believed that a person with many fat cells that are shrunk would gain fat more efficiently than someone who doesn't have the existing fat cells present.
    I appreciate the answer, but recovering the fat is not my concern haha. I just wanted to know if I lost any muscle in this last week since I’ve been eating like a 1000 calories a day instead of my typical 3300-3500.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I appreciate the answer, but recovering the fat is not my concern haha. I just wanted to know if I lost any muscle in this last week since I’ve been eating like a 1000 calories a day instead of my typical 3300-3500.
    Muscle loss over a weeks period is highly unlikely to create any meaningful difference
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then ask that question instead of the one you asked. One has to assume if you did gain 5 lbs in the past month, hardly any of it was muscle.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is it easier to gain back weight you already had?

Yes. That's easier.

By the way, gaining 5 pounds per month means you were probably bulking too fast. In the future try to gain about 2 pounds per month if you want to lean bulk.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/