Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bolt Fitness power rack

I recently placed a large order for my new home gym. It was between three different companies but I decided to go with Bolt Fitness Supply. I was extremely nervous and apprehensive because I could not find any reviews here or any of the other common review sites. I placed the order on the Monday of Thanksgiving week and it was all delivered by the following Friday. I wanted to make this thread so others can search and at least get one confirmation that this is a legit company. I was worried about that due to the lack of reviews.

I ordered their Storm Series rack which is 3x3, 11 gauge steel with some components being 7 gauge, and 1" hardware. They have all the typical accessories available. I bought the landmine and the mono lifts. Safety straps are standard which I thought was a nice touch and saved me $100+. It is very heavy and with no plates on it and not bolted down I can swing on the pull-up bar and there is no movement. The rear brace is also standard which helps with its stability.

The customer service was great. I had a problem with something so I e-mailed them at about 9:00 P.M. just to get it out of the way and get an answer the next day. The owner replied that night and it turned out I was doing something wrong and the problem was resolved.

I do have two complaints. It was all loaded on a double pallet so the freight driver could not even get it down with the tail gate lift. He had to tear it all apart and hand me every piece from the back of the truck so I could carry it inside. I do not know how the other companies do it so I have nothing to compare to. The second complaint is lack of instructions and tools. I had to use pictures on the website in order to know exactly where to put all of the bolts. I have read that Rogue includes wrenches. Luckily I had a 36mm socket from my car hobby. It is not that big of a deal it would just have been a nice touch.

I am not a review writer so I don't know what else to say about it all. It is all commercial gym quality, which I think is their main customer base, and I am very satisfied with it all. I spent several weeks on Rogue, REP and Bolt's sites putting together the same setup. I saved well over $1000 over Rogue and several hundred over REP. If anyone has any specific questions or wants more pictures of any details I will do my best to comply.

I'm sorry the pictures are sideways. They are right side up on my computer so I don't know how to fix it.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bushum; 12-12-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: add pictures

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was going to buy bolt but wasn't going to gamble with thousands of dollars. In the end, I went with the Rep 5000v2. I don't regret that one bit but the Bolt would have been good enough
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My Powertec order came on a double pallet via XPO. The driver had a fancy pallet jack that enabled him to drive it right off the truck to the edge of my backyard. My Rogue shipment came via several single pallets.

My Rogue RML-490 did not come with any wrenches.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bushum View Post
    I recently placed a large order for my new home gym. It was between three different companies but I decided to go with Bolt Fitness Supply. I was extremely nervous and apprehensive because I could not find any reviews here or any of the other common review sites. I placed the order on the Monday of Thanksgiving week and it was all delivered by the following Friday. I wanted to make this thread so others can search and at least get one confirmation that this is a legit company. I was worried about that due to the lack of reviews.

I ordered their Storm Series rack which is 3x3, 11 gauge steel with some components being 7 gauge. They have all the typical accessories available. I bought the landmine and the mono lifts. Safety straps are standard which I thought was a nice touch and saved me $100+. It is very heavy and with no plates on it and not bolted down I can swing on the pull-up bar and there is no movement. The rear brace is also standard which helps with its stability.

The customer service was great. I had a problem with something so I e-mailed them at about 9:00 P.M. just to get it out of the way and get an answer the next day. The owner replied that night and it turned out I was doing something wrong and the problem was resolved.

I do have two complaints. It was all loaded on a double pallet so the freight driver could not even get it down with the tail gate lift. He had to tear it all apart and hand me every piece from the back of the truck so I could carry it inside. I do not know how the other companies do it so I have nothing to compare to. The second complaint is lack of instructions and tools. I had to use pictures on the website in order to know exactly where to put all of the bolts. I have read that Rogue includes wrenches. Luckily I had a 36mm socket from my car hobby. It is not that big of a deal it would just have been a nice touch.

I am not a review writer so I don't know what else to say about it all. It is all commercial gym quality, which I think is their main customer base, and I am very satisfied with it all. I spent several weeks on Rogue, REP and Bolt's sites putting together the same setup. I saved well over $1000 over Rogue and several hundred over REP. If anyone has any specific questions or wants more pictures of any details I will do my best to comply.
    Nice setup, it appears Bolt is definitely a quality company. What is the handle attachment bolted to the low front upright used for?

I'm guessing maybe to attach a band to, but I don't think I remember ever seeing that particular rack attachment.

Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Nice setup, it appears Bolt is definitely a quality company. What is the handle attachment bolted to the low front upright used for?

I'm guessing maybe to attach a band to, but I don't think I remember ever seeing that particular rack attachment.
    That is their battle rope attachment.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good review, makes my rack look like a real POS. What did it cost inc delivery?

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Good review, makes my rack look like a real POS. What did it cost inc delivery?
    Power Rack w/ battle rope, landmine, monolift
    Flat bench
    Barbell
    Trap bar
    360 lbs of plates
    Plate tree
    5 kettlebells

$2300 delivered

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Power Rack w/ battle rope, landmine, monolift
    Flat bench
    Barbell
    Trap bar
    360 lbs of plates
    Plate tree
    5 kettlebells

$2300 delivered
    That's not bad actually, it's a bit to spend all at once, but you will get years of use out of it, and will never have to wait for a space on the power rack again. Enjoy it, king.

martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    That's not bad actually, it's a bit to spend all at once, but you will get years of use out of it, and will never have to wait for a space on the power rack again. Enjoy it, king.
    Racks look very solid. Id image sort of in line with Rep. I beleive Bolt sells a functional trainer that clearly looks like the exact same machine that Rep sells other than branding...Definitely like the looks of the Bolt whatever thats worth.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by martyanderson View Post
    I beleive Bolt sells a functional trainer that clearly looks like the exact same machine that Rep sells other than branding...Definitely like the looks of the Bolt whatever thats worth.
    That functional trainer is a China built generic unit, it's currently being marketed heavily in Europe, self branded by a number of companies that supply the lower end of the market.

martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    That functional trainer is a China built generic unit, it's currently being marketed heavily in Europe, self branded by a number of companies that supply the lower end of the market.
    yeah thats why i dont have alot of faith in rep...stuff. its just generic stuff...with a bit better branding and marketing...though i find their branding to be pretty lame, even the name is terrible

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah thats why i dont have alot of faith in rep...stuff. its just generic stuff...with a bit better branding and marketing...though i find their branding to be pretty lame, even the name is terrible
    Some of the Rep equipment is generic, however this forum has been interacting with Duke for some time, to be fair to Rep they have implemented some of the ideas presented to them by forum contributors.

Certainly some features on their bench and bar designs can be directly attributed to ideas that were discussed here first.

It has taken a little time to get their ideas across to the manufacturers in China, but some of the benches are pretty impressive, especially so at their price point.

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I find you to be pretty lame.....

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That is their battle rope attachment.
    Nice, they think of everything on the power racks these days...I could almost see it doubling as and being used as a paralette attachment as well if there was two of them if angled right and low enough for pushups.