sissyboy94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Small bone structure - Is it possible for me to make gains?

I don't think I explained my situation very well on my last thread here so apologies for making a new one. I'm 25 and I believe I've got the tiniest wrists and small bones for an adult male out there. I've never tried wearing a watch but I believe it would be impossible. I haven't measured my wrists but as you can see from the photo they are really, I mean really small and so are the fingers and my forearms. Hell, I've seen women with thicker wrists than mine. See attached pics 1 and 2

I know for sure that I've definitely hit the bad genetics lottery as I've seen teens with larger fingers and thicker wrists than mine. At this age my body should have developed to its full capacity and this is what I've got. My dad has perfectly fine manly hands and thick wrists while my mom is tiny so I guess that's where I got it from so I don't believe any exercises would make them any bigger, can they? I used to workout regularly but stopped around 3 months ago so lately I've only been doing it 2 days per week max, sometimes even skip a whole week as I lack motivation and this is my current state
    See attached pic 3

I've got a pair of dumbbells 10kg each whose disks I am able to swap around. The exercises I was mostly doing were the usual ones for the biceps and triceps with a few others for the deltoids. The best I've seen while I was working out regularly was a tiny bit larger biceps and a more visible triceps than the ones you see on the above picture now but it still feels like it's nothing. My diet consists mostly of chicken meat, eggs and not so much carbs.

TL;DR: As a male I able to make some serious gains with these ****ty genetics or should I just give up? Does anybody else here have this type of body that was able to become bigger and if so, what would you recommend I do?
    Attached Images

dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dc3119 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think there have been tons of skinny guys who got huge. Just keep killing it in the gym. Do some forearm workouts if you think your wrists are too skinny. Do some leg workouts too, squats, calves...from what I've seen, a lot of guys pack on muscle faster when they start working their legs. Maybe add some protein if you think it's not enough. Even if you're not lucky genetically, you should still be able make some good gains and be very satisfied with your physique.

1stUncle fought Sugar Ray etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sissyboy94 View Post
    I don't think I explained my situation very well on my last thread here so apologies for making a new one. I'm 25 and I believe I've got the tiniest wrists and small bones for an adult male out there. I've never tried wearing a watch but I believe it would be impossible. I haven't measured my wrists but as you can see from the photo they are really, I mean really small and so are the fingers and my forearms. Hell, I've seen women with thicker wrists than mine. See attached pics 1 and 2

I know for sure that I've definitely hit the bad genetics lottery as I've seen teens with larger fingers and thicker wrists than mine. At this age my body should have developed to its full capacity and this is what I've got. My dad has perfectly fine manly hands and thick wrists while my mom is tiny so I guess that's where I got it from so I don't believe any exercises would make them any bigger, can they? I used to workout regularly but stopped around 3 months ago so lately I've only been doing it 2 days per week max, sometimes even skip a whole week as I lack motivation and this is my current state
    See attached pic 3

I've got a pair of dumbbells 10kg each whose disks I am able to swap around. The exercises I was mostly doing were the usual ones for the biceps and triceps with a few others for the deltoids. The best I've seen while I was working out regularly was a tiny bit larger biceps and a more visible triceps than the ones you see on the above picture now but it still feels like it's nothing. My diet consists mostly of chicken meat, eggs and not so much carbs.

TL;DR: As a male I able to make some serious gains with these ****ty genetics or should I just give up? Does anybody else here have this type of body that was able to become bigger and if so, what would you recommend I do?
    I know I'm not a man, and you're looking for male affirmation, but it sounds like your attitude about yourself is holding you back. I'm guessing you never took part in sports as a kid? Maybe didn't get to test your physical strength, athletic abilities or resolve in this arena? It doesn't matter...consistent hard weight training will help to build that. Does it really matter if one has 6" (?) wrists or not? This small factor didn't stop many people from doing what they set out to do! To me, it sounds like you need some kind of guarantee that you'll grow big...or meet a certain (idealized) standard of "perfection," if that's the right word. If they tell you, 'Yes, your genetics will most certainly hinder you from looking like the hulk', then this would give you justification to not make any commitment and put in the work. There are no guarantees with anything! Only the genuine desire to give it your best try!

I hope more men respond, to help alleviate some of your "fears" or reluctance to well-structured training. I'm assuming you've taken a look at all the professionally written programs in the workout programming sub-forum Good luck to you!
    Last edited by etet1919; 12-13-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    ^^ It's true, my first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can complain about today or work to change tomorrow. Your call, OP.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You can complain about today or work to change tomorrow. Your call, OP.
    ^^^^QFT

Your skeletal structure has nothing to do with whether you can make gains. Your diet, sleep, and training habits do.

It's all relative, and what matters is where you get compared to where you start. But first you have to start.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Op, here’s a bit of tough love......you’re making excuses before even really starting.