caesyC1572 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation I really need some advice ):

Okay so basically I started gym at the start of this year because I love strength, fitness exercise etc and I was also really depressed cause I had/have a really big gut, so I started weightlifting and gained some muscle and I was happy with that but as summer came around and I started wearing short tops, I noticed my big fat gut is still there and now I don’t know what to do. Because to lose fat you need to be a deficit and to gain muscle you need to be in a surplus but I don’t want to lose all my progress I’ve made with my muscle but I really want to lose my belly and love handles. I don’t know what to do because some articles say to cut calories and some others say to add more calories and I’m just so confused. please help, I’m a women btw

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok, first off, throw out any article that says to increase cals to lose weight. To lose weight/fat, you need to be in a deficit....period. No two ways around it.

It sounds like your biggest concern is your belly fat, yes? So I would attack that first. To do this, its as easy as just staying in a deficit, consistantly. Consistantly being the key word; no ups and downs, no yearly average, just figure your TDEE and eat under that in calories every single day.

It also sounds like you've made some muscular gains, which is great, and you're concerned about losing that. I am too. I work very hard to put on muscle between shows and then my biggest concern is chiseling away the fat but retaining the muscle. I believe the best way to do that is to keep your protein intake high and keep your weight training heavy and intense. Continue to train in the fasion that gave you those muscular gains in the first place, just drop your calories while doing that.

Most important=patience. Changes worth making take time. People do these cycles every day and it works.
    Train hard, stay in a deficit, keep proteins high
    It's not rocket nutrition
    Believe in the system
    Last edited by smokinal; 12-12-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you won't lose all your muscle gains just by being in a deficit

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good advice above ^^^^.

Lower calories until you're in a deficit (losing 1-2 lbs a week), keep protein intake high, keep lifting on a proven program. That's all you need to do to maintain muscle while reducing fat.

It takes time, but if you do it right the results will come.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.