reventon12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with macros

I’m looking for macro plan suggestions and hope somebody with a similar build might be able to help.

I’m 39, 6’ and about 175. I have a decent amount of muscle but have always fought the skinny fat look and my late 30’s certainly hasn’t helped me get leaner. My abs show decently when flexed but resting not so much and I feel like my body is insulated with too much fat. I have crap genetics/anatomy in my shoulders regardless of stretching and posture exercises. Had three operations on one and could have one on the other in the next few years. I’m still able to train but I try to go for longer contracting reps vs super heavy weight to avoid injury. I really want to crack down on my food and try to harden my appearance up. Since I won’t ever be huge due to restrictions etc. I’d like to work harder on my diet to see some better muscle definition. I’m familiar with all the nutrition sources and know what to avoid, but I see a lot of different numbers for macros and calories. If anybody has suggestions for a baseline to try for 6-8 weeks I’d appreciate any help. I know to something you tweak over time, just looking for a good start.

I’m in the gym about 5:30am. 5min elliptical warmup after stretching then weights for 45min. 10-15min of cardio after. I have a desk job but we have an indoor walking path so I usually walk about 1.5-2 miles during the day. I have cardio equipment at
    Home and sometimes do a light 20min at 5:30pm but not religiously.

Aside from macros I’m looking for insight as to what I should eat before/after training and when my last meal should be...carbs/no carbs...that kind of stuff. I really appreciate any help.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by reventon12 View Post

Aside from macros I’m looking for insight as to what I should eat before/after training and when my last meal should be...carbs/no carbs...that kind of stuff. I really appreciate any help.

Whatever you want that fits into your macros

Ideally after gym, a protein rich meal
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m looking for macro plan suggestions and hope somebody with a similar build might be able to help.
    Read this sticky, do the calculations and determine for yourself what your macros should be: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Eat whatever foods you like that fit your macros. Doesn't matter if you want to eat carbs or not for your last meal, though ideally you should have some protein after your workout (doesn't have to be immediately after).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.