J0hn90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dips and collar bone pain

so i could do about 20 dips at one point and it felt amazing , i never had any pain , but after i injured my rotator cuff doing push ups(all healed now no pain ) i tried getting back doing dips (i was 90 kg at the time)
    and i felt sharp uncomfortable pain in the collar bone, which confuses me bcs i really could do them every day if i wanted to before.
    now im 80 kg but im afraid of even attempting dips bcs i dont think the weight had much play in it , has anyone had pain from dips before like this ?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Try doing a dip while standing on something so you can just put your body through the range of motion while only doing a load of like 10-20kg or so. Do you feel pain if doing this?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After I broke my collarbone and it healed, I had a lot of discomfort in the collarbone area for a few years doing dips. If you do them leaning forward it puts even more pressure on the collarbone.

I switched to the seated triceps pressdown machine at the time.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    After I broke my collarbone and it healed, I had a lot of discomfort in the collarbone area for a few years doing dips. If you do them leaning forward it puts even more pressure on the collarbone.

I switched to the seated triceps pressdown machine at the time.
    my first thought was op was leaning forward due to injury causing weakness in areas that he didn’t have before, switching to a different exercise with similar range of motion is a great idea imo
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Cybercraw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dips put a massive strain on the should area. I use to do sets of 50 at 220 pounds but after I messed up my shoulder/scapula area, I dont do them anymore. You need to have near perfect form to not cause an injury or irritate old ones. I am stronger than I ever been but still wont do dips. The worse ones are the dips people do off the bench as they injure people quick. Just know if you cant do them or if they make you remotely uncomfortable, dont do them. There are better workouts that can isolate the muscles you want. This may not help at all just thought I would share my experience.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get checked by a chiropractor or physical therapist preferably someone that works with athletes so they know exactly what your talking about.
    Your cuff injury may have healed up in a way that now causes you pain in clavicle area but i am only speculating and not a medical professional.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I recommend doing incline dumbbell benchpress instead thats what I substitute for it. Have similar issues, at one point I was able to do 60+ reps with my bodyweight but started getting that discomfort especially near acromion.

J0hn90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    I recommend doing incline dumbbell benchpress instead thats what I substitute for it. Have similar issues, at one point I was able to do 60+ reps with my bodyweight but started getting that discomfort especially near acromion.
    damn , i remember dips making me feel so cool back in the day...at least i get to do a lot of pull ups still