Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question I learned that there is a minimum fat intake. What happens if I don't meet it?

I was 108 kg 8 days ago. I've been doing workouts and eating only lean meat and leafy greens. Then I started eating two eggs, isolate whey protein and broccoli, practically exclusively (also a daily multivitamin). I've lost 4 kg. On an unrelated thread I made, someone told me about a minimum fat intake, "0.4g per current lbs weight (or ideal weight in the obese)."

Since I'm obese, that translates into: 0.4 * 176 (ideal weight) = 70 grams of fat.

I don't mind not eating any fat at all, but I certainly don't want to hurt myself. I am curious though: how imperative is this minimum of fat? What happens to me if I don't meet it?
    Last edited by Xavaneptus; 12-11-2019 at 06:53 AM.

CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CaptainEarth is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    youll have lower energy, but probably you will lose weight faster the less fat is in your diet. Balanced diet is key, but if trying to lose weight, the less fat the better.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dietary fat is essential for health and proper hormone functions, including testosterone, so going low on fat is not recommended.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xavaneptus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CaptainEarth View Post
    youll have lower energy, but probably you will lose weight faster the less fat is in your diet. Balanced diet is key, but if trying to lose weight, the less fat the better.
    Good to know I won't get the fat analogue of scurvy.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Dietary fat is essential for health and proper hormone functions, including testosterone, so going low on fat is not recommended.
    Testosterone and hormones? Yikes. I'll certainly add some fat after reading that. Today I had around 30g of it and I calculate no more than 1000 cal in total, plus I'm doing a bunch of cardio so it shouldn't slow me down by much. 800 cal per day was a bit excessive anyway.

Thanks for the replies. Any further information is welcome, of course.
    Last edited by Xavaneptus; 12-11-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was looking for some information about proper and healthy diet and I saw this thread and I have to say this. I am not a doctor or an expert but I have been doing some research over the last year and I suggest to check with a doctor first, check your cholesterol levels because eating 800-1000 calories a day with a workout at 108kg seems a bit extreme to me. I know we all want fast results but I think its better to get healthy slowly than to just lose weight fast. Anyways just saying.
    Last edited by Drewie79; 12-10-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is so wrong. Please read the stickies.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Low energy? And less fat is better for fat loss?

I am certain carbs are utilised as energy first and foremost not fat so the utilisation of dietary fat into energy is minimal at best.

And calories control fat loss, not dietary fat intake. If calories are matched the difference between macro intake is insignificant (could debate about TEF and tdee levels from consuming each macro but it is very little on the larger scale of things).

OP as stated above you need a decent amount of dietary fats for health, hormones and nutrient absorption. What happens if you go very low on fats well some people report trouble keeping the chief proud. Not to mention the potential health risks.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not really at all, no
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RedRusty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As mentioned, biggest impact is hormonal function. Fat also helps with absorption of other key vitamins and minerals.
    Currently: Marathon training (Run with Hal - Advanced I); The Work/Body Beast hybrid

Next race: Ohio 10K - September 12, 2021

Originally Posted by RedRusty View Post
    As mentioned, biggest impact is hormonal function. Fat also helps with absorption of other key vitamins and minerals.
    I see, thank you for the confirmation.
    Last edited by Xavaneptus; 12-11-2019 at 06:52 AM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you should probably avoid posting
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee