SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I decided on NASM. Signed up last night. Took the practice test on the NASM Edge app.

I immediately took the test after signing up and downloading the app. I wanted to see how much I forgot after 15 years of not being a certified trainer and being out of the fitness culture for approximately the last ten years (up until last January).

I did better than I thought I would in some areas; worse in others.

Overall, I got a 62.5% score. I did best in Basic & Applied Sciences & Nutritional Concepts (71.4%) and worst in Client Relations & Behavioral Coaching (50%)

I was not NASM before; I was ISSA and, moreover, I was ISSA before they were accredited. On this practice test, there was a lot of NASM-specific terminology and concepts that I would not have known before so, all-in-all, I'm not too embarrassed.

I can't wait to get the course material!
    Last edited by SmithJLee; 12-09-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Former & future certified trainer

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, there's not a lot of difference between the certs as long as they're the same type. Employers value some more than others but in reality if you take the ISSA test and pass you will almost 100% pass any of the others too. They all teach fairly similar things but there is a terminology difference on some stuff.

That's why I get a kick out of places that only except NASM. Not saying it's not a good cert but there are probably 5 others that are just as good.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmithJLee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MCrow View Post
    Yeah, there's not a lot of difference between the certs as long as they're the same type. Employers value some more than others but in reality if you take the ISSA test and pass you will almost 100% pass any of the others too. They all teach fairly similar things but there is a terminology difference on some stuff.

That's why I get a kick out of places that only except NASM. Not saying it's not a good cert but there are probably 5 others that are just as good.
    Agreed. In fact, the deciding factor for me in going with NASM over ISSA is the perception people have of the other certs compared with NASM.
    Former & future certified trainer

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SmithJLee View Post
    I immediately took the test after signing up and downloading the app. I wanted to see how much I forgot after 15 years of not being a certified trainer and being out of the fitness culture for approximately the last ten years (up until last January).

I did better than I thought I would in some areas; worse in others.

Overall, I got a 62.5% score. I did best in Basic & Applied Sciences & Nutritional Concepts (71.4%) and worst in Client Relations & Behavioral Coaching (50%)

I was not NASM before; I was ISSA and, moreover, I was ISSA before they were accredited. On this practice test, there was a lot of NASM-specific terminology and concepts that I would not have known before so, all-in-all, I'm not too embarrassed.

I can't wait to get the course material!
    I agree ISSA is a fine organization.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com