AlecChristine is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Help Finding 4 Day Routine (For a Woman)

Hi all,

I am having a hard time finding a routine that will help me get the results I want but still fit around my home/work schedule. Currently, I've been using a plan I found on another fitness site. It's a 4 day upper/lower plan, with different exercises on each day and meant to have a rest day in between day 2 and 3, although I work Monday through Thursday so I do not take the day of rest and just go 4 days in a row. I've been doing it for a few months now and while it really is a great plan, I just don't think it's for me and I don't think it will give me the results I want. Can any of you recommend a plan that I can use Monday-Thursday, with workouts that are only about an hour long (I have to go during my lunch break)?

I am a 30 y/o female, 5ft 5in and approx. 160lbs. Looking to lose fat and tone up/build muscle. I am an intermediate lifter.

Thank you all in advance!
    Alec

*I have tried to change my age from 49 but the site won't let me, I'm really 30 *
    Last edited by AlecChristine; 12-09-2019 at 03:51 PM.

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlecChristine View Post
    It's a 4 day upper/lower plan, with different exercises on each day and meant to have a rest day in between day 2 and 3, although I work Monday through Thursday so I do not take the day of rest and just go 4 days in a row. I've been doing it for a few months now and while it really is a great plan, I just don't think it's for me and I don't think it will give me the results I want. Can any of you recommend a plan that I can use Monday-Thursday, with workouts that are only about an hour long (I have to go during my lunch break)?
    What's your current plan and why do you think it won't accomplish your goal to lose fat and tone up/build muscle? Asking since that might affect what ppl recommend. Note that your diet will be important to lose fat, and it may be hard to build muscle at the same time... you prob will want to eat at just about maintenance or +/- a little depending on which is your priority.

Did you look at Fierce 5 U/L for intermediates? Not sure if that's similar to what you're doing now. For your current routine or any new one you pick - I'd suggest taking the prescribed rest days if you can rather than filling everything into 4 days straight then 3 days rest.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1266761131

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

AlecChristine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi and thank you so much for your replies! I can't paste the link to the workout I'm using, but if you look up Muscle and Strength Upper/Lower 4 Day Gym Bodybuilding Split Workout the page pops up. Let me know what you think.
    As far as diet I have found that counting calories has been the most beneficial for me in the past so I was going to eat about 200 calories less than what my maintenance is (since my priority is cutting at this point).
    Also, I don't have the possibility to work out on Friday instead of Wednesday which I know isn't ideal, but is the kind of schedule I'm stuck with at the moment

Thank you again!

BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lyle McDonald came up with a 6 day per week upper/lower, so it's designed to run every day in about 45 minutes or less. Maybe check it out, but only do it 4 days per week.

https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle...gains-qa.html/

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Muscle and Strength Upper/Lower 4 Day Gym Bodybuilding Split Workout ... Let me know what you think.
    It doesn't look too bad IMO, volume might be a bit high (along w/ some of the rep/3 sec neg schemes) so one could prob cut out some of the ISOs if it's too much. But more importantly, why do you feel it's not going to get you results? Since it's more important how you specifically have been responding to the routine (not sure if you just started or if you've been doing it for a while & not seeing any weight loss, muscle gains, etc.).

As far as diet I have found that counting calories has been the most beneficial for me in the past so I was going to eat about 200 calories less than what my maintenance is (since my priority is cutting at this point).
    Sounds reasonable, then you can adjust accordingly based on results.

Also, I don't have the possibility to work out on Friday instead of Wednesday which I know isn't ideal, but is the kind of schedule I'm stuck with at the moment
    It is what it is... if you can incorporate some cardio out of the gym on Sat (& maybe Sun too) it should help a little w/ losing fat.