Thread: When to workout

Patol is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When to workout

Hi everyone, newbie here.I am starting to work out, trying to be healthy and in shape.

When do you guys work out?

I´m not decided on whether to work out early in the morning or late at night.

What I am thinking about working before work:
    Start the day energized, duty fulfilled, 1 shower only, but: is it Ok to start pumping just 5 minutes after waking up? I have never worked out in the morning (7am). I obviously guess that I would have to go to bed and wake up earlier.

What I think about working out late at night:
    I would need 2 showers (am and pm) and I am suffering hair loss, I would want to avoid showering too much. But I have more time at night, I am more awaken and feel I would perform better (I used to exercise at 7-8pm when I used to do it).

When do you guys exercise and what do you think about my doubt?
    I often see guys like Jocko Willink waking up at 4:30h and think that it is ´cool´, but I have never seen myself as the type of guy that wakes at 4:30 to work out.

rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rec90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Long time since u posted but I will give you my opinion.

You work out at the time you know u will be consistent.

If you told me 2 yeara ago that id be waking up 5 am 5 days a week to train Id laugh at your face!

Well I have been doing that for 1 year now. It is not easy, but you get used to it, and now 1 year down the line I woulsnt feel right if I stopped.

It is just a part of me now.

Patol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rec90 View Post
    Long time since u posted but I will give you my opinion.

You work out at the time you know u will be consistent.

If you told me 2 yeara ago that id be waking up 5 am 5 days a week to train Id laugh at your face!

Well I have been doing that for 1 year now. It is not easy, but you get used to it, and now 1 year down the line I woulsnt feel right if I stopped.

It is just a part of me now.
    5am wow, first days must have been hell. Hat off to you

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Workout whenever you want and when fits your schedule, the actual time of day doesn't matter beyond that.

I prefer the morning myself simply because it works better for me.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823