Jpass992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crossroad in my fitness journey

First time poster.

I've been on a big fitness journey this year. I started on 1/15/19 at 26 years old, 5 ft 5 in, 148 lbs, 35 in waist.

I had to deal with binge eating, which was holding me back for years, and I decided to get my workout and nutrition in order. Over the past 11 months I've been creating my own healthy recipes, and making sure not to deprive myself, so I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I've been tracking my exercise, diet, as well as calorie counting (calories, protein, carbs) roughly since Day 1.

That got me to lose 10 lbs.

My workout routine is pretty solid. I lift weights 3 times a week, legs twice a week, abs 5 -6 times a week, and swimming and treadmill 7 times a week.

At the end of October, not satisfied with my results, I decided to dial in on my diet, and increasing my time on the treadmill by 5 minutes, but mostly increasing the speed by .1 every session.

As of today I am 27 years old, 5 ft 5 in, 131.5 lbs, 31.299 in waist. My diet comprises of chicken, steak, vegetables, fruit, sweet potatoes, and my homemade protein bars consisting of oatmeal, protein powder, peanut butter, and fruits.

On 12/1/19, I was able to see my 4 pack for the first time.

It's not all there, but the lines are coming in. My 2 upper abs are more prominent than the two lower.

I want to complete the package and get myself V cut abs

(At the end of October, I spoke to a trainer at LA Fitness who told me I need to bulk to get the body I want, but after I found out my bodyfat was at 16.5%, I did some research online and decided it was best to cut to see my abs before I even considered bulking).

Given that my goal is to get V cut abs, should I keep on leaning down, or should I consider a lean bulk? After the past 7 weeks, I really don't want to gain any bodyfat back, but at the same time, I really want those abs to pop with the V cut.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For the best advice possible you should post a shirtless face on photo in good lighting (cut off your head if you wish) for us to assess your current state, because self assessments don't often tell the whole story.

If you have problems posting it on the forum you can upload it to your bodyspace account or post on a hosting site like imgur.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Since this is my first time posting, the site won't allow me to add pictures, so I have posted the photo as my profile picture.

John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in the end it just depends on what u want. Everyone and their cousin wants the year round abs etc. Thats fine and dandy if u accept what all comes with that. do you want them if the trade off is walking around weighing 120 lbs?

Im assuming thats why the trainer told u that u might want to bulk. You have to sort of plan ahead where u want to be in 2 years time and 5 years time etc. If u want to have a year round 6 pack then u might have to accept that u may never be super big and strong...or at least accept that its harder to gain size and strength while also staying very lean.

Thats being said, u may be correct in that u want to cut down to maybe 11-12% and then start a nice slow bulk from there to gain size and strength.

its all up to personal choice. Personally I would not really want to look like Jeff Cavalier. yeah he is cut etc but in clothes it doesnt even look like he lifts. Thats the price of carrying 8% (or whatever) bodyfat % all the time
    "Humility comes before honor"

I measured my body fat percentage and I am 11% body fat.

I would like to see 8% for the first time in my life, so I figure I'll need to lose another 10 lbs. Does that sound about right?

John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    howd u measure it?
    "Humility comes before honor"

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    howd u measure it?
    I used a caliper.