BlueDay93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk or cut? So many contradictions?

Alright guys looking for some advice

Started lifting 1st November I was 183lbs and skinny fat.

Decided to cut as I hated my belly fat and couldn't stand the thought of it getting any bigger. I'm now 171lbs but there's still belly fat there although not as bad. I'm 5"11

I've read that if I don't bulk or build muscle then I'll always be skinny fat to some degree and more muscle will make it less prominent even though I'm getting more body fat.

I've also read that I should be able to see some abs before I start bulking?

Just hoping to get some opinions really?

Also I am following the fierce 5 novice workout. Should I go for something more hypertrophy based?

Photo is on my profile.

BigZLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BlueDay93 View Post

Decided to cut as I hated my belly fat and couldn't stand the thought of it getting any bigger. I'm now 171lbs but there's still belly fat there although not as bad. I'm 5"11

I've read that if I don't bulk or build muscle then I'll always be skinny fat to some degree and more muscle will make it less prominent even though I'm getting more body fat.

Also I am following the fierce 5 novice workout. Should I go for something more hypertrophy based?

Photo is on my profile.
    I was always for the option to first gain mass and get stronger than to achieve a quality of muscle mass with proper diet and cardio. Eat, eat, eat, train hard and smart and rest enough. Live healthily, don't try to go through some shortcuts - hard work and patience is what you need.
    No regrets.

BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigChuungus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeas. Bulk then cut when you want to. Good luck
    ¿Do You Even Lift?

Greek Mythology says that when Atlas died, King Ron replaced him to hold earth on his shoulders. And he was screaming "Yeah Buddy, Ain't Nothing But A Peanut"

DaFuzz17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BlueDay93 View Post

Photo is on my profile.
    Definitely do a bulk and then cut after that. Take a look at the forums there is a lot of information on how to do a proper bulk. It takes some time and you wont get your dream physique overnight but be consistent and it will come.