Reply
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered User MattAUS96's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 18
    Rep Power: 0
    MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MattAUS96 is offline

    Finding Motivation through a rough patch?!

    Hey all!

    I'm just in a bit of a rough patch with myself, life and a relationship at the moment and was chasing some advice!

    Some background on me, I'm 23yo, been in my relationship for two years now; been training consistently for a few years now and I truely love bodybuilding!

    Really the worst part I'm dealing with is a break in my relationship, I feel like its put me in a real slump real hard the past few days so I'm after some advice/motivation to give myself a kick in the butt, to help push me and pursue myself more than ever.

    I'm talking movies, youtube videos, docos, personal experiences! Any advice is good advice!

    Thanks in Advance,
    keep crushing it!
    Matt
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User ChangeOfStyle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Age: 24
    Posts: 4,740
    Rep Power: 32444
    ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ChangeOfStyle is offline
    You don't need advice from videos or movies mate. All you need is self realization that you have alreayd been lifting for years so you already committed to the grind. Now the question is whether or not you are going to start doing that once again and achieve what your muscle ALREADY remembers from the countless hours, countless sweat you dedicated into morphing your mental and physical stature into what it is. Relationships are hard to deal with mate but the truth of it is that they come and go until you actually are going to settle down. Now it's your time to get back into being the better version of yourself and doing what you do best.

    Capability is there champ, it's only the question of is you're willing to put the time and effort into it once again. Memory of muscle is stored, all it takes now is the action of effort to help the muscle remember.

    Chase your goals mate, be the better version of yourself and go ****ing hard at it!
    Mental health really is the most important aspect in your everyday life, don't ever neglect it and if you're feeling down, reach out to someone and ask for it. If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's have a chat.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    eye of the tigress etet1919's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,239
    Rep Power: 20089
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    etet1919 is offline
    Originally Posted by MattAUS96 View Post
    Hey all!

    I'm just in a bit of a rough patch with myself, life and a relationship at the moment and was chasing some advice!

    Some background on me, I'm 23yo, been in my relationship for two years now; been training consistently for a few years now and I truely love bodybuilding!

    Really the worst part I'm dealing with is a break in my relationship, I feel like its put me in a real slump real hard the past few days so I'm after some advice/motivation to give myself a kick in the butt, to help push me and pursue myself more than ever.

    I'm talking movies, youtube videos, docos, personal experiences! Any advice is good advice!

    Thanks in Advance,
    keep crushing it!
    Matt
    I know you're hurting. What I've done is just keep going to the gym anyway-even when feeling those very low points. Prepare everything you need the night before, drive there listening to upbeat music (or The Disturbed- if that's what you gets your blood pumping!), walk in the gym with your head held high...and bam! You've already accomplished most of the battle!!

    Now, give yourself some time to warm up properly and fuel with water (or coffee, if it's morning). Put on your most motivating hard-driving playlists, put in your buds, tune everything out and stay in the present. Every time you notice your mind drifting between sets, just stop daydreaming and force yourself to refocus on the task at hand in front of you- your next hard set...and your planned training for that day.

    This IS an especially critical time to follow a solid well-structured program that will help keep you on track, Matt! They work to keep you headed in the right direction, even when your spirit or motivation is temporarily lowered.

    In the meantime, talk with people you trust who can listen and offer support! Very important! And follow that well-structured program you've chosen to a "T." Even when you don't feel into it. But do have compassion for yourself during this time and don't beat yourself up emotionally (if you do?). Take it out on the iron
    When I hear people say, " You should tone down your physique," I know I've achieved my fitness New Year's resolution:)

    Cheers to everyone having 2020 vision/insight this decade...
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User MattAUS96's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 18
    Rep Power: 0
    MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MattAUS96 is offline
    Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    You don't need advice from videos or movies mate. All you need is self realization that you have alreayd been lifting for years so you already committed to the grind. Now the question is whether or not you are going to start doing that once again and achieve what your muscle ALREADY remembers from the countless hours, countless sweat you dedicated into morphing your mental and physical stature into what it is. Relationships are hard to deal with mate but the truth of it is that they come and go until you actually are going to settle down. Now it's your time to get back into being the better version of yourself and doing what you do best.

    Capability is there champ, it's only the question of is you're willing to put the time and effort into it once again. Memory of muscle is stored, all it takes now is the action of effort to help the muscle remember.

    Chase your goals mate, be the better version of yourself and go ****ing hard at it!
    Thanks heaps mate! You're truely a legend.

    Ever since posting this I think it pushed me to look at myself a little further, look at the me I've built and who I am now, I've come along way over my journey so theres no point having a small speed bump cause detriment to my progress.

    Crush it bro!
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User MattAUS96's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 18
    Rep Power: 0
    MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattAUS96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MattAUS96 is offline
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I know you're hurting. What I've done is just keep going to the gym anyway-even when feeling those very low points. Prepare everything you need the night before, drive there listening to upbeat music (or The Disturbed- if that's what you gets your blood pumping!), walk in the gym with your head held high...and bam! You've already accomplished most of the battle!!

    Now, give yourself some time to warm up properly and fuel with water (or coffee, if it's morning). Put on your most motivating hard-driving playlists, put in your buds, tune everything out and stay in the present. Every time you notice your mind drifting between sets, just stop daydreaming and force yourself to refocus on the task at hand in front of you- your next hard set...and your planned training for that day.

    This IS an especially critical time to follow a solid well-structured program that will help keep you on track, Matt! They work to keep you headed in the right direction, even when your spirit or motivation is temporarily lowered.

    In the meantime, talk with people you trust who can listen and offer support! Very important! And follow that well-structured program you've chosen to a "T." Even when you don't feel into it. But do have compassion for yourself during this time and don't beat yourself up emotionally (if you do?). Take it out on the iron
    Thanks heaps! Your kind words and words of motivation mean heaps!

    Sounds like you know how it feels and how to push further and further!

    Keep up the awesome work
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts