Swissjrb15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Post Cut Dietary Advice.... Please help

Hello everyone,

Over the summer I started a cut and just ended it about 2 weeks ago. During the cut I went from 208->182.6. I am 6'3, and currently around 184 lbs. All the online calculators say that I should be consuming somewhere around 2700 to 3000 calories a day, however for the past 2-3 months its been more of an average of 1750-1900. Im aware that fitness watches such as Apple Watch aren't necessary very accurate, however according to mine, my daily expenditure is around 3000 calories. I have had some people tell me to go ahead and jump up to at least 2500 as I will still be in a deficit, however I am hesitant as I dont want to put on a lot of weight too quickly (especially body fat) and I would like to keep my lean physique.

Ive never dropped weight like this before and I'm not sure how my body will react to coming out of this deficit, however it needs to as I have very low energy levels and am starting to have some problems (constipation, lack of sleep, crashing in the middle of the day)

any advice you have for me would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Use real data not calculators to get your typical TDEE

If you were losing 1lb a week at 2000 calories, then your TDEE is 2500.

One piece of advice: your appetite will be out of balance with your bodyweight for quite a long time so you have to make continued efforts to control your calorie intake. If you eat according to appetite, you might just pile it back on.

Thanks mate. How many calories do you think I should add at the moment?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Use real data not calculators to get your typical TDEE

If you were losing 1lb a week at 2000 calories, then your TDEE is 2500.

One piece of advice: your appetite will be out of balance with your bodyweight for quite a long time so you have to make continued efforts to control your calorie intake. If you eat according to appetite, you might just pile it back on.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Well how much weight were you losing per week when eating at 1750-1900 calories? And how accurately was that counted - was everything weighed and measured? Or is that a fair amount of guesswork?

I'd say 95% was weighed daily, about 5% guesswork

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Well how much weight were you losing per week when eating at 1750-1900 calories? And how accurately was that counted - was everything weighed and measured? Or is that a fair amount of guesswork?