divinaxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Getting back to the routine!

Hi members,

Hope everyone's healthy!

I need to ask this question because I am trying to get back to the routine of exercising.

I left regular exercising and dieting almost 6 years ago, 22. Now I am 28 and have gained a good amount of midsection fat.

The problem is, I have done some competitive level weight lifting and bodybuilding when from age 17 to 22. At that time, my diet was strict and I followed a regimen.

Because at 17, my healing was pretty awesome and I was just declared 'healthy' from 6 years medicinal regimen from rheumatoid arthritis (during my teens).

So I lifted heavy, ate good and slept great too.

Now at 28, no matter how hard I try I can't create a regular routine. I perform all body part workout to kick-start with some cardio; after 3-4 sessions I am overtrained with fever. Maybe I am lifting too heavy but I use barbells and dumbells with minimum weight levels.

I was recently diagnosed with deficient Vitamin D and Iron levels. So again, taking meds and diet to get fit.

Even if I stop exercising, my appetite is too much. I eat a lot like I used to do 10 years ago. How?

A small amount of exercise drains me big time. Is there any way I can start again?

Your help is appreciated.

Sumit

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The only thing I can really say is to ease back into it. Give your body a chance to adapt - but at the same time gradually increase the workload.

Maybe start with (each week) doing 2 days lifting and 1 day doing steady state cardio to improve your conditioning.

Use baby weights, don't train to the point of straining - but increase them next time if the last set felt too easy. Don't make big jumps, just gradually increase the weight by one increment at a time.

I'm sure it's just being out of shape from not exercising. If you are worried, you could get further bloodwork done. A tendancy to gain weight could be a sign of onset of diabetes - if there is a history of this in your family then get yourself checked out. I always hesitate to mention medical issues because usually the problem is hard work and persistence - so I don't like to present easy excuses. So put this second on your list below what I mentioned in the first 3 sentences.

divinaxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's great to start for 2 days weights and 1 day cardio.

So how many days you think, I shall train in a week?

Is it 6 days, one rest day?