itsnotme1981uk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting back into lifting after a bout of general anxiety?

So in September I had a night panic attack, knocked me for 6 and sent me down a dark road with general anxiety and fear. I lost interest in anything including the gym so gave it up. Prior to that I had been working out 4-5 days per week for the past 4 years.

Looking back I had been over doing preworkouts and caffeine not to mention all the artificial sweeteners found in everything, and chronically undereating and pushing myself to much

So I have manged to get myself through that dark time and am feeling ready to go back to the gym. Couple of questions really. Whey Protein without artificial sweeteners, does such a thing exist? And what about programs etc? I really don't want to go back down that anxiety route so its a no to stimulants, artificial sweeteners, under eating and pushing myself too much.

I thoughts I would weigh myself this morning. In September I was 80kg at 6ft. Today 67kg that's is just over 2 months. So not good.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat real food, stay away from the things you were abusing before, eat enough to cover your work load. You don't need whey protein, you don't need pre-workouts, post-workouts, caffeine, creatine, or anything else. Start back into a well defined program (not something you developed), concentrate on perfect form, and progressively overload from there.

itsnotme1981uk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    eat real food, stay away from the things you were abusing before, eat enough to cover your work load. You don't need whey protein, you don't need pre-workouts, post-workouts, caffeine, creatine, or anything else. Start back into a well defined program (not something you developed), concentrate on perfect form, and progressively overload from there.
    Yeah I am thinking about either a 3 day full body or 1 round of PPL at least until I get back into the groove. But certainly in the future I will not be doing any more than 4 days per week, I am almost 40 and I doubt I am unable to recover.