Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Walking anyone notice a difference

I’m thinking of increasing my daily activity and walking more. I like running but I’m losing muscle, getting fatter, and it’s increasing my anxiety.

Has anyone noticed a difference in their physique by hitting 10k or more steps?

How does walking compare to other forms of cardio?

And since winter is coming up what would be a good equivalent for indoors? How does the stepmill compare?

Looking for cardio that will help me get in better shape and preserve muscle.
    You heard about Pluto? That's messed up right?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Marvel View Post
    I’m thinking of increasing my daily activity and walking more. I like running but I’m losing muscle, getting fatter, and it’s increasing my anxiety.

Looking for cardio that will help me get in better shape and preserve muscle.
    If you are getting adequate protein and lifting weights, your cardio shouldn't cause you so lose noticeable muscle - unless you're running marathons or eating in a too big deficit.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ What he said.

Running doesn't cause you to lose muscle or get fat. Lack of resistance exercise, too little protein, and eating too little can cause muscle loss.

If you like to run, run. If you like to walk, walk. Don't overthink it.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As stated above its very unlikely you are losing muscle by running unless you aren't weight training or eating a solid amount of protein whilst trying to lose too much weight too fast.

But to answer you question, yes I found that I lost fat by increasing my walking as that was the only cardio I did during my last cut. Being more active in general will always cause fat loss as your TDEE has increased.

Was it superior to any other cardio, nope. Its all calories in vs calories out.

newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^ What all of them said.

I also lost a bunch of weight just walking. I went from Obese down to the top of the ideal weight range just walking and dieting. That was 2 years ago. It totally helped me put the spurs to my weight loss.

I didn't lift back then, but I'm currently dieting and lifting and got way stronger this year even though I've spent a lot of it at a deficit.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Doesn't walking burn very few calories though?

I'm not against walking... in fact I'll happily save a few bucks by parking further away from my destination and walking a mile or two. Walking doesn't bother me and I enjoy it, but I assume it burns very few calories.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post

I'm not against walking... in fact I'll happily save a few bucks by parking further away from my destination and walking a mile or two. Walking doesn't bother me and I enjoy it, but I assume it burns very few calories.
    If you compare walking to running for equal distance the calories burnt difference is surprisingly not that much really, it just takes longer.

Depending on your fitness it is report calories burnt from running is about 10-30% greater (fitter you are less effective due to efficiency).

https://www.ijmhr.org/ijpr_articles_vol1_4/329.pdf

For example if you run for 20 mins you will burn around 200-300 calories if you walk the distance you just ran equally (obviously it will take longer then 20 mins) it will be around 140-210 calories so in total you get to eat one slice of bread extra yay.

Running is technically superior but you can incorporate walking into your day to day life without needing to do planned exercise.

However I would say both walking and running are useful tools to aid fat loss, after a caloric deficit through diet.
    Last edited by hardyboysare; 12-07-2019 at 01:18 AM.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post

If you compare based on distance, it's fairly equal. Based on time, running burns more calories.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Walking burns about the same calories mile for mile. Running can have consequences unless you’re lean. Hard on knees unless you run on sand. This is exacerbated if you’re overweight. Every extra pound you weigh puts 4 more pounds of pressure on your knees. Running and that goes up to 10. All in all walking is better. Walk faster if you want the cardio benefits.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB