ItsMichaelH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I getting enough calories? Trying to cut weight

Hi. So this is my first time dieting and i’m trying to make a change and lose weight. I’m currently 6’1 270lbs. I started going to the gym this week and I’ve started to watch what I eat. Week 1 at the gym i’ve only been lifting so far, no cardio as of yet. I’ve been trying to eat foods with mainly protein such as grilled chicken, eggs, tuna, and i’ve been using protein bars as snacks or peanut butter. I usually eat an apple for a snack sometime throughout the day as well. The problem is i’ve been logging my calories and I only seem to be hitting 1200-1300 calories a day. I don’t feel anything from it yet though. I don’t really feel hungry or anything? Is it because Im eating mostly protein? I’ve read this is not nearly enough calories, especially for someone as big as me i’d say.. Is this going to be a problem?? Should i try to eat more?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't attempt to lose more than 1% of bodyweight per week. I would stick to 1500. If you don't feel hungry now, you probably will after a couple of weeks. This is when it's important to stick to an accurately counted intake and weight and measure everything (especially peanut butter which is very calorie dense and not really a good choice IMO).

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ItsMichaelH View Post
    Hi. So this is my first time dieting and i’m trying to make a change and lose weight. I’m currently 6’1 270lbs. I started going to the gym this week and I’ve started to watch what I eat. Week 1 at the gym i’ve only been lifting so far, no cardio as of yet. I’ve been trying to eat foods with mainly protein such as grilled chicken, eggs, tuna, and i’ve been using protein bars as snacks or peanut butter. I usually eat an apple for a snack sometime throughout the day as well. The problem is i’ve been logging my calories and I only seem to be hitting 1200-1300 calories a day. I don’t feel anything from it yet though. I don’t really feel hungry or anything? Is it because Im eating mostly protein? I’ve read this is not nearly enough calories, especially for someone as big as me i’d say.. Is this going to be a problem?? Should i try to eat more?

You definitely need to add veggies abd fruits. And fat from olive oil or mackerel or nuts.

You need the vitamins and minerals. You can go without for a week or so until your reserves are depleted, and then the hunger starts. Either you start binging on junk food or you force yourself to get over it and your body uses up more reserves.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine an illness has two causes: 1. Depletion of reserves; 2. An external attack by germs etc.;
    Hence they treat an illness in 2 ways: restoring the balance and addressing the pathogen.

So, reduction of reserves will make you susceptible to illness. You'll spend more on medicine (that does not address the issue with reserves) than you saved on food.

One more: take care of your joints and ligaments. They need lubrication by water and movement. Injury and rest can set you back months.
    Get the movement done but go slow on load increase.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

ItsMichaelH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't attempt to lose more than 1% of bodyweight per week. I would stick to 1500. If you don't feel hungry now, you probably will after a couple of weeks. This is when it's important to stick to an accurately counted intake and weight and measure everything (especially peanut butter which is very calorie dense and not really a good choice IMO).
    Ok thank you, i’m going to try to shoot for 1500 every day.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As far as the calories just stick to what you call the 1200. It's most likely higher in reality when figured on a weekly basis. Give it a month and adjust from there. If you're at a consistent "1200" and not hungry then you're probably higher than that.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB