Rudiger1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to not lose progress while resting for tennis elbow?

I got tennis elbow. Doctor told me to stop lifting heavy until pain goes away . PT gave me some eccentric excercises to do.

I was doing Fierce 5 the whole time. I was unable to bench the empty 45 lbs and started with a lighter bar. Now I can bench 160 lbs. I know that's not alot according to what you lift guys but for me I worked so haaaaaaard for this. I could barely OHP ez bar and now I can do 120lbs×5

Now neither the dr nor the PT gave me a specific duration, and they both told me to stop heavy lifting until pain goes away. However I read through people's experience with tennis elbow and I was surprised that it can up to 6 months to heal !

I don't want to lose strength and progress on these two lifts(OHP,bench). My life literally revolved around those 2 lifts during the past 2 years and I simply can't and don't want to lose my progress which I worked so hard for. If I go back to square 1 I don't think I ll ever lift again in my life.

Is there a way/protocol/program or anything that I can do to maintain my progress on bench press and OHP

Rudiger1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump....

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your life revolved around two (similar) lifts for two years and you developed an overuse type injury... what an unlucky coincidence!

Rest... Or to pronounce it more carefully REST. You need to rest for a lot longer than you think before you slowly reintroduce the exercise if it's a tendon/ligament chronic inflammation type of injury. You exercise again too soon or too much too quickly your recovery progress will all be undone

I'm nursing an overuse injury on the inside of my left elbow (stirred up an old injury). so I've not done a single pull-up or BoR for 3 nearly 4 weeks now

Rest, rest and then rest it some more. Sorry!
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted, target 69.x Kg, progress poor so far :(