Registered User animalwithin007's Avatar
    animalwithin007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting a temporary personal trainer?

I'm thinking of getting a personal trainer because despite watching dozens of hours of videos, reading countless articles, video taping myself from every angle doing workouts, I'm still having issues with my body such as pain, discomfort, etc.

While I don't think it's my form and I know it's most certainly not the weight I'm lifting (light to moderate), it would help to completely rule out form so I'm thinking of getting a trainer.

With that said, I relish my time alone in the gym and don't want to get a trainer for the long term.

Is it customary to find a trainer and let them know this is just a temporary endeavor to rule out any form issues and get some advice on workouts etc. and then move on?

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trainers can be short term, long term, whatever.

It really depends on what they offer. Most gyms hold the reins... I don't have control over what sort of packages are sold, the gym has specific lengths of commitment.
    Independent trainers, some gyms, etc... there's more control by the trainer to work with you. I used to work at a studio gym where I could do individual sessions.

And normally the price changes with the commitment - longer commitments often come with lower cost per session than shorter packages.
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

Registered User animalwithin007's Avatar
    animalwithin007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ProYeo View Post
    Trainers can be short term, long term, whatever.

It really depends on what they offer. Most gyms hold the reins... I don't have control over what sort of packages are sold, the gym has specific lengths of commitment.
    Independent trainers, some gyms, etc... there's more control by the trainer to work with you. I used to work at a studio gym where I could do individual sessions.

And normally the price changes with the commitment - longer commitments often come with lower cost per session than shorter packages.
    Good to know, thank you.

I figured I'd have to find an independent trainer for this, I just wasn't sure what the reply would be if right from the start I made it clear I just want a temporary commitment rather than long term.