Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by elterrible987 View Post
    This would be easier if it wasnt so new. If it was older it would be a no brainer to sell it, then you have the cash free and not basically equity tied up in a depreciating asset just sitting there not using it. But with it being so new its a bad time to sell it only to buy another vehicle in a short time.

If you are really just going to be gone for a year to slightly over a year, then I would keep it at your parents house. It would be better to have them start it up and drive it a few times a month than to just leave it sit.
    Word. They'd like to take it out too for sure compared to their current cars and mileage etc, but one of the bigger benefits to this would be me being able to cancel/pause my auto insurance seeing as its idk $200 a month and that obviously adds up when you're not using it at all. And legal reasons at least in AZ they need car insurance to drive. Maybe they can get temp cheap insurance when they want? I'll run it by them.

Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spahgetti is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LawrenceValenti View Post
    nahh, its not a chicks car. wont even lie, ive seen chicks driving them and you could go as far to say it suits them but deffo not the atypical boutique hairdressers car like youre implying

yeah i see a solid amount of girls driving them but guys as well. i will say that 'chick car' or not, girls love hopping in them... to each their own but i'm happy with the choice. regret even putting the brand/model in this thread though because it wasn't the point. appreciate all the helpful responses tho still

ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErnieMccracken has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Spahgetti View Post
    Ha. Cool i have until mid-late february to figure out whatever i want to do. want to keep it till then
    Aight. I don't drive that much, am meticulous about maintenance, and can even polish and ceramic coat it.

Originally Posted by ErnieMccracken View Post
    Aight. I don't drive that much, am meticulous about maintenance, and can even polish and ceramic coat it.
    Werd good to know and enjoy Scottsdale it's great, will always have my house here just plan to rent it out (all direct family lives within 10-20min of me now). but ya. closer to the time maybe i'll bump this or hit you up or whatever but honestly, just like the house, while i might be able to find tenants or a renter for the car i want to do it through official companies and channels for legal reasons and also because they manage any issues that i can't do when i'm abroad. was checking Turo.com just earlier which i guess is like airbnb and older Q5's go for like $55-65 a day. but from your perspective you'd save a lot more to do longer term stuff, just like airbnbs that's meant for short term so they rape you in fees/costs. financially prob not worth it.

r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) r32gojirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by billclintonnn View Post
    I’m not a car mechanic, but I don’t see why storing it for a year would harm it. Starting it up just gets the engine oil moving again. I’d disconnect the battery too. There has to be a list of things you should do online though. I store mine because I’m not driving a 2016 Camaro SS in snow and getting it rusted.

Gaskets can tend to harden/dry out.

Tires can go out of round if they’re old

I usually take the crank through an entire rotation by hand and then turn it over with the spark plugs out a few times if it’s been sitting a while.

Trickle charger on the battery is a good idea
    watch paul hogan movies and eat kangaroo and koala bears and play digiriedoos and throw boomerangs and drive outbacks. So whatever.