mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Calorie intake for lean bulk

I am a 17 y/o male, 6' 0" 165lbs following a 6day PPL split spending around an hour and 15 lifting. I run 3 miles 3 days a week and do 10 minutes of HIIT after every lifting session. I am currently consuming 3000cal a day trying to lean bulk coming off a cut but I've been had conflicting info concerning just how much I should be eating. I've gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks coming off the cut despite eating 3000cal with my maintenance being 2750 according to a TDEE calculator. Also, I wore my Fitbit for a day to try and get an even more accurate estimate and it comes out that I'm burning around 3100cals on days that I'm training. In short, is 3000cal a realistic number to be lean bulking at my weight/age/activity? Are those 3lbs I gained water weight? Am I eating enough?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mowblow View Post
    I am a 17 y/o male, 6' 0" 165lbs following a 6day PPL split spending around an hour and 15 lifting. I run 3 miles 3 days a week and do 10 minutes of HIIT after every lifting session. I am currently consuming 3000cal a day trying to lean bulk coming off a cut but I've been had conflicting info concerning just how much I should be eating. I've gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks coming off the cut despite eating 3000cal with my maintenance being 2750 according to a TDEE calculator. Also, I wore my Fitbit for a day to try and get an even more accurate estimate and it comes out that I'm burning around 3100cals on days that I'm training. In short, is 3000cal a realistic number to be lean bulking at my weight/age/activity? Are those 3lbs I gained water weight? Am I eating enough?
    Why did you cut at your age?

Why are you wearing a fitbit at your age?

Why are you so concerned about gaining weight in the short term?

Why are you using online TDEE calculators?
    Last edited by AdamWW; 12-04-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mowblow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Why did you cut at your age?
    It was a mistake. I was fat from 12-14, made fun of a lot, sucked at sports, called fat etc. and I was afraid to bulk. Got a fitbit for Christmas one year and I decided I might put it to use. I have been lifting for 2 years and have made no gains as a result. I still don't have a six pack but I am much skinnier now. Wrestling also gave me a warped perception as to how lean I should be.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It was a mistake. I was fat from 12-14 and I was afraid to bulk. I still don't have a six pack but I am much skinnier now. Wrestling also gave me a warped perception as to how lean I should be.
    Well then here is my advice:

Stop counting calories, monitoring your food intake numbers, etc.

You need to take some time to re-learn general healthy habits around food which are outside of the math.

I'm sure you already know what foods contain protein, fats, and carbs given you already did all these things to get you in this position.

Start eating for energy, and also for enjoyment... you don't need to be this hell-bent on optimal gaining speed, leanness, etc... you will more than likely end up in a bad position later with your mentality around eating and your body (or, even more than you currently are).

Focus on fueling yourself for workouts in such a way that you feel completely recovered and have more than enough energy to lift and add weight to the bar.

That 3lbs you gained... forget about it. Who cares? It's likely 99% water anyway... but then again, who cares?

You need to be taking advantage of your youthful hormone levels and focusing on just training and getting stronger.

Eat wholesome food most of the time, but enjoy yourself... you only have one period in your life to enjoy the teens/late teens... don't ruin that by obsessing about this stuff.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Well then here is my advice:

Stop counting calories, monitoring your food intake numbers, etc.

You need to take some time to re-learn general healthy habits around food which are outside of the math.

I'm sure you already know what foods contain protein, fats, and carbs given you already did all these things to get you in this position.

Start eating for energy, and also for enjoyment... you don't need to be this hell-bent on optimal gaining speed, leanness, etc... you will more than likely end up in a bad position later with your mentality around eating and your body (or, even more than you currently are).

Focus on fueling yourself for workouts in such a way that you feel completely recovered and have more than enough energy to lift and add weight to the bar.

That 3lbs you gained... forget about it. Who cares? It's likely 99% water anyway... but then again, who cares?

You need to be taking advantage of your youthful hormone levels and focusing on just training and getting stronger.

Eat wholesome food most of the time, but enjoy yourself... you only have one period in your life to enjoy the teens/late teens... don't ruin that by obsessing about this stuff.
    Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. I didn't even realize I was developing such an unhealthy lifestyle. I've always been a perfectionist and this has developed into something bad.

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. I didn't even realize I was developing such an unhealthy lifestyle. I've always been a perfectionist and this has developed into something bad.
    It isn't to say you will, but it's important to approach these things with a reasonable attitude, and like I said your history suggests you can become very obsessive about this subject.

In general, right now, you should really just focus on simplifying things and having fun while making progress.