RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000) RageHex is a complete loser! (-2000)

Angry Been working out on and off for years, restarting, help me

Good evening gentlemen.
    I am a 28 year old lad and have been casually working out for years and years, on and off. I am currently on one of my low tides and look fat and sloppy with my mesomorph body and the muscles are flat again. I look huge and broad with clothes on, but I am flabby if I reveal myself. I am also a sort of low-energy guy who struggles with just doing normal stuff most days.

My profile picture is when I am on a high-tide and I am not lazy.
    I am struggling with laziness and a lack of motivation to keep consistent.
    Consistency is my only weakness, as I know how to train, what exercises to do, what a workout should look like etc.
    If I want to I can stop eating sugar and naturally lean out to a comfy level, but I am so lazy and addicted to sugar just like most other ppl. :S

In the past I have been training like a steroid freak, albeit naturally so; going to the gym every other day but completely destroy and demolish myself 110%. This always gave short bursts of fast gains, but it turns into a bad cycle of relapse to laziness and bad motivation. I always try to stay chill, but my passion overtakes me EVERY TIME, and I go too hard. I have been relapsing on and off for YEARS now.

I wanna restart, and get consistent!!

My strategy is this: every day, except the weekend; I will be training intuitively and do short workouts like 30-45 minutes depending on mood, with moderate/light weight. Be kinda chill and just do what I feel like, but still workout separate muscle groups in a serious way. This will keep me from staying at home and get lazy, I will not get big results from each workout but I will at least maintain, and most likely get some small gains every workout. I will be training seriously and very directed towards my goal, and use my experience to do what is right, but not as hardcoredly as I used to.

Has anyone tried this approach before as a natural gymgoer, and does this seem reasonable for a low-energy kinda guy? Got any good tips or suggestions for me I would appreciate that!

Thank you in advance good sirs.
    Last edited by RageHex; 12-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like you need to get organized. You're all over the place, just doing what you want, as the mood strikes. With this "new" plan, it still looks like you'll be basically doing what you want, as the mood strikes.

Rather than bounce around chaotically between immersion and burnout, why not just start a reasonable, consistent program, investing a moderate but consistent amount of time weekly, and KEEP A LOG so that you can focus your training towards achievable and trackable progressive overload. You are not ready to train "intuitively." Your personality isn't matched for it. When I say a "reasonable, consistent program," I don't mean some bro-split that you make up yourself, but a professionally constructed, proven system such as Stronglifts or Fierce 5 or 5-3-1, or any of a number of others that give you a template and a clear direction to proceed.

Fix your diet, and get plenty of sleep and recovery time. You need all of these ingredients in place to succeed.

Oh, and did I mention keeping a log so that you'll have a tangible roadmap to your success?

Or, you can keep spinning your wheels, doing donuts, playing around, and never getting anywhere.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.