Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I have abs, but I don't have abs... BF estimate?

Body weight: 200 lbs
    Height: 5'10"
    BF (according to my scale at home): 24%

I know that scales are hardly ever accurate so I tend not to pay attention to it. I would like to get a general estimate on what my true BF% is. It gets tricky for me because some parts of my body seem super lean, while other areas not so much. And if abs are usually an indicator of 15% BF (according to literature I have read in the past) then that makes me so confused on where I sit. Flexed, if my abs aren't super sore like the are today (I hit abs hard yesterday for the first time in a while), I can see visible abs. When I relax, or sit, or hunch over, it is far from aesthetic, and that is what scares me. See pictures below.

Pictures I took today are a couple hours after breakfast. Other picture is from last night at the gym, after a pump.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Fritchard; 12-04-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fritchard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also, for frame of reference, this is a picture I took October 10th. I was quite a bit leaner then, weighing in at around 185-190 lbs. 2 months difference. Since then I have noticed good strength benefits. And since then I have also not been consistent with my total caloric intake, my protein has stayed reletively the same... Although as of the last week I have been staying steady at 2600 kcal, 304c, 68f, 206p. I have a feeling this might be my maitanance level, but I am scared to go up just because of the belly fat... But scared to lean out because I am starting to notice some serious strength benefits... 235 1rm during this picture, Today I hit 215 for 5x5.
    Attached Images

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Probably around 25%
    The power of carbs compels me!

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Probably around 25%
    I was definitely thinking like 17-18 lol. My legs carry alot of mass so whenever I do a foot scale reading it is higher than if I do a handheld reading.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Fritchard View Post
    I was definitely thinking like 17-18 lol. My legs carry alot of mass so whenever I do a foot scale reading it is higher than if I do a handheld reading.
    This chart lays it out pretty accurately for most people:

The reason I say 25 is because in the second picture with no flex, there's very little definition if any, and sometimes muscle mass can hide the overall amount of fat you have because you just end up carrying it better.

BUT... then again, you could be as low as 19-20% or so...

You also need to factor in that if you're 5'10", 20% means you're carrying 160lb of lean mass, which for someone at your height is pretty high actually.

So in reality, you COULD be between 18-19 or probably up to 25... that'd be using a DEXA tho... scales tend to read lower...

I guess my originally number was kind of centered on the worst-available image.... you don't look bad... you look strong... just not super lean.
    The power of carbs compels me!

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    This chart lays it out pretty accurately for most people:

The reason I say 25 is because in the second picture with no flex, there's very little definition if any, and sometimes muscle mass can hide the overall amount of fat you have because you just end up carrying it better.

BUT... then again, you could be as low as 19-20% or so...

You also need to factor in that if you're 5'10", 20% means you're carrying 160lb of lean mass, which for someone at your height is pretty high actually.

So in reality, you COULD be between 18-19 or probably up to 25... that'd be using a DEXA tho... scales tend to read lower...

I guess my originally number was kind of centered on the worst-available image.... you don't look bad... you look strong... just not super lean.
    yeah I saw that scale under a Google search haha. I definitely am not near that 25% in that picture... Anywhere on my body.

I hate taking pics in my bathroom, the lighting always makes me look less muscular than other places. Maybe I'll do a mini cut after my next 1rm week. Or maybe I'll just stick out this bulk till April like I had planned. Not sure yet. Ill see what this calorie level does for my weight over the next couple weeks, of my weight stays the same and my strength continues to increase, I guess that's a good sign I'm on the right track. Is body recomp an option for me?