Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post
    Source?

Let's not pretend that the players iamretard listed were some rare gem finds by the 49ers organization. Nick Bosa was generally regarded as the best talent in last year's draft. Every team and scout knew Bosa's elite talent and potential. 49ers were lucky to have the 2nd pick to get him. Dee Ford is one of the best rushers in the league and has years of stats to prove that. Again, not a rare gem trade made there. I'll give him Alexander as he was having one of his better seasons before getting injured. Greenlaw was a 5th round pick that was fortunate enough to be a decent "next man up" type player.

Here's what NFL.com had to say about the Ford trade that I found interesting:

1) NFL says John Lynch made that move and 2) 49ers defense ranked 13th in 2018 yet they went 4-12. iamretard made it seem like they were awful. They weren't. Shanahan just couldn't do better than 4-12.

I'm not saying Shanahan shouldn't be in consideration for COTY. I'm just pointing out how much of a homer iamretard is being.
    lol now I'm iamretard because I called you out for your obviously outside looking in hot takes on a team clearly playing well? Did I hurt your feelings? You were definitely licking my boots when I was supporting Brady and the Pats in their respective threads. But you're certainly welcome to the club of the morons trying to have big boy football conversations that I keep dunking on that follow me around crying thread to thread.

I don't even have an issue with you as a poster but I hate when people talk like experts about stuff they CLEARLY don't understand.

Fact is anyone who actually follows the 49ers knows the team is ran by Shanahan.

Kyle Shanahan was the hire by the Yorks in 2017. They waited for him all the way through the playoffs until Atlanta was done with their season so they could hire him. They interviewed several qualified GM candidates but end of the day Kyle decided he wanted to partner up with John Lynch.

Lynch is the GM so as GM he's going to get the credit a GM gets but it's painfully obvious that Shanahan gets his way all the time. That first draft is the perfect example of that with Joe Williams and CJ Beathard selections. Joe Williams was taken off the 49ers draft board but Shanahan loved him and suddenly he's back on the board and being drafted by the team. CJ Beathard was the QB he wanted and they trade up into the bottom of the 3rd round to get him.

There isn't a move that happens without Shanahan's say so. It doesn't mean Lynch doesn't have a mind of his own but he was brought in for his relationships in the NFL and the understanding that there is no backstabbing between the HC and the GM.

Here's a link for you btw...

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-49ers-roster/

And you mention Greenlaw as the fortunate "next man up" type player. This is why you shouldn't speak on things you don't know about. Greenlaw was the 49ers starter at SAM since training camp. They moved him to Will after Kwon got hurt and another UDFA rookie LB has been starting at Sam since Greenlaw moved spots.

49ers went most of the season without their pro bowl LT in Joe Staley. Replacing him was a 6th round rookie.
    49ers went a good chunk of the year without their RT Mike McGlinchey. Replacing him was a cheap FA pickup Daniel Brunskill.

But we're not counting those injuries right?

I find it funny that suddenly Jimmy is being treated like a great QB in these discussions when sports misc was quick to call him a weak link who could easily be replaced by his backups and 49ers could still win games.

Ben Roethlisberger was 0-2 this season before getting hurt and he was looking awful. But somehow him being lost for the year is some huge accomplishment that Tomlin has overcome by having the 23rd best offense?

And lastly, I love that you choose to list the 49ers D rankings from last season as 13 which was their ranking based on yards given up. How about them being 28th in points allowed? What wins games yards or points?

inb4 tl;dr

BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why isn't the Titans coach in the discussion if Tomlin is? Putting in Ryan Tannehill and giving this team playoff hopes

iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT1333 View Post
    LOL, wow this whole Tomlin vs. Shanahan is still going on.....

This is all probably going to end up being for nothing because Harbaugh will most likely win the award due to the Raven's success + Lamar's incredible growth from year 1 to year 2. Jimmy G was paid like a top QB, so if the 49ers were anything less than contenders, they'd be a disappointment.

Say what you will about who's really responsible for the Raven's success, when your the head coach you take the beating when the team is losing, so you're going to get the credit when the team is winning as well.
    Harbaugh could very well win it and I'd be fine with it. I just don't see what Tomlin is doing as any big accomplishment.

Still only 1 win vs a team with a winning record and in that game his defense outscored the Rams offense.

Originally Posted by MBisonSon View Post
    I'm saying it doesn't compare to what Tomlin's doing.

As I said earlier, Rothlisberger was THE QB for Pittsburgh, Timmy G just came in.

AB was regarded as debatable the top WR in the NFL.

Not hard to fathom that an offense was far more centered around those guys than 49'ers offense was/is around Bustoppolo

Genus taking almost as bad a beating ITT as the time he claimed he could read a defense better than Brett Favre.
    You trying to make a point by repeatedly making up **** that didn't happen is brilliant. If you find a post of me saying I can read a defense better than Brett Favre I'll never post here again.

But as for the rest of your post...wtf are you even babbling about? Peyton Manning was THE QB for Denver too. And then he fell completely off and sucked ass that his defense had to drag his corpse to the SB.

Pittsburgh with Ben this year was 0-2 and getting handed easily. Ben was completing 56.5% of his passes averaging 175 yards per game(obviously skewed since he got hurt halfway vs Seattle) 0 TDs and 1 pick.

And who gives a fuk about AB? Teams lose players in free agency or other reasons. Steelers knew he was gone considering they traded his ass. Why is he even being brought up?

I posted the preseason vegas lines. Steelers were 7th in the NFL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...eason_odds.htm

So let's not pretend like the Steelers were supposed to suck this year and are totally exceeding expectations.

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    Harbaugh could very well win it and I'd be fine with it. I just don't see what Tomlin is doing as any big accomplishment.

Still only 1 win vs a team with a winning record and in that game his defense outscored the Rams offense.
    I'll refer back to my last sentence in my original post...... Head coach gets crucified when a team is failing, they will get the accolades for exceeding expectations.

While you personally don't see it, there are plenty of analysts who disagree with you.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>
    Vertical Diet Crew

Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT1333 View Post
    I'll refer back to my last sentence in my original post...... Head coach gets crucified when a team is failing, they will get the accolades for exceeding expectations.

While you personally don't see it, there are plenty of analysts who disagree with you.
    We'll see what happens. I just find it ironic that the same people who were claiming the 49ers didn't play anyone earlier in the year are the same ones saying Tomlin is coaching out of his mind.

Pick a narrative and stick to it.

To me Tomlin isn't doing anything special but if they're able to win out then I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong.

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We'll see what happens. I just find it ironic that the same people who were claiming the 49ers didn't play anyone earlier in the year are the same ones saying Tomlin is coaching out of his mind.

To me Tomlin isn't doing anything special but if they're able to win out then I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong.
    Yeah, Tomlin needs to win out to even be considered, but even then I don't think it will be enough for COTY, but he deserves some credit for keeping the team motivated and in contention with arguably one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Going to be Harbaugh or Shanahan most likely depending on how the last stretch goes.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>
    Vertical Diet Crew

MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol now I'm iamretard because I called you out for your obviously outside looking in hot takes on a team clearly playing well? Did I hurt your feelings? You were definitely licking my boots when I was supporting Brady and the Pats in their respective threads. But you're certainly welcome to the club of the morons trying to have big boy football conversations that I keep dunking on that follow me around crying thread to thread.

I don't even have an issue with you as a poster but I hate when people talk like experts about stuff they CLEARLY don't understand.

Fact is anyone who actually follows the 49ers knows the team is ran by Shanahan.

Kyle Shanahan was the hire by the Yorks in 2017. They waited for him all the way through the playoffs until Atlanta was done with their season so they could hire him. They interviewed several qualified GM candidates but end of the day Kyle decided he wanted to partner up with John Lynch.

Lynch is the GM so as GM he's going to get the credit a GM gets but it's painfully obvious that Shanahan gets his way all the time. That first draft is the perfect example of that with Joe Williams and CJ Beathard selections. Joe Williams was taken off the 49ers draft board but Shanahan loved him and suddenly he's back on the board and being drafted by the team. CJ Beathard was the QB he wanted and they trade up into the bottom of the 3rd round to get him.

There isn't a move that happens without Shanahan's say so. It doesn't mean Lynch doesn't have a mind of his own but he was brought in for his relationships in the NFL and the understanding that there is no backstabbing between the HC and the GM.

Here's a link for you btw...

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-49ers-roster/

And you mention Greenlaw as the fortunate "next man up" type player. This is why you shouldn't speak on things you don't know about. Greenlaw was the 49ers starter at SAM since training camp. They moved him to Will after Kwon got hurt and another UDFA rookie LB has been starting at Sam since Greenlaw moved spots.

49ers went most of the season without their pro bowl LT in Joe Staley. Replacing him was a 6th round rookie.
    49ers went a good chunk of the year without their RT Mike McGlinchey. Replacing him was a cheap FA pickup Daniel Brunskill.

But we're not counting those injuries right?

I find it funny that suddenly Jimmy is being treated like a great QB in these discussions when sports misc was quick to call him a weak link who could easily be replaced by his backups and 49ers could still win games.

Ben Roethlisberger was 0-2 this season before getting hurt and he was looking awful. But somehow him being lost for the year is some huge accomplishment that Tomlin has overcome by having the 23rd best offense?

And lastly, I love that you choose to list the 49ers D rankings from last season as 13 which was their ranking based on yards given up. How about them being 28th in points allowed? What wins games yards or points?

inb4 tl;dr
    Holy **** let me use some vacation days to read all that BS Timmy.

BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDeeps01 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

While also simultaneously saying that Jimmy G sucks and is a bust and but at same time Jimmy G holds the offense together and it came crashing down last year without him

Which story is it sports misc? Niners I saw projected around 7-9 to 8-8 before the season started.

Ignore list not working?

1. That wasn't for you

2. I'm sure you could sneak away for a few days and mop the floors later and nobody would notice.

Ignore list not working?

1. That wasn't for you

2. I'm sure you could sneak away for a few days and mop the floors later and nobody would notice.
    5 pages because you literally said "No, next question"

Lol

Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm saying it doesn't compare to what Tomlin's doing.

As I said earlier, Rothlisberger was THE QB for Pittsburgh, Timmy G just came in.

AB was regarded as debatable the top WR in the NFL.

Not hard to fathom that an offense was far more centered around those guys than 49'ers offense was/is around Bustoppolo

Genus taking almost as bad a beating ITT as the time he claimed he could read a defense better than Brett Favre.
    Be honest and tell us how much it pains you that Bustoppolo is a better player than Mitch “Steal Your Bitch” Trubisky.
    Donnie Jr. 2024

MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Screech is so mad he's over there writing up pages of angry rebuttals nobody reads.

So easy to trigger.

Please don't hit me with 75 pages of your furious wrath Timmy.

Originally Posted by Blasting View Post
    Be honest and tell us how much it pains you that Butoppolo is a better player than Mitch “Steal Your Bitch” Trubisky.
    He has a sig bet for me if Jimmy G outplays Michelle this year. We need to brainstorm some good sig options for him

Be honest and tell us how much it pains you that Bustoppolo is a better player than Mitch “Steal Your Bitch” Trubisky.
    False.

On top of Timmy playing twice as long as TRUbeastsky.

Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blasting is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigDeeps01 View Post
    He has a sig bet for me if Jimmy G outplays Michelle this year. We need to brainstorm some good sig options for him
    Bison doesn’t come across as someone who honors his bets.
    Donnie Jr. 2024

False.

Prove your case for Trubisky being better.
    Donnie Jr. 2024

False.

39 career games vs 38 career games

That's the narrative now huh?

Originally Posted by BigDeeps01 View Post
    39 career games vs 38 career games

That's the narrative now huh?
    My bad he was warming the bench.

My bad he was warming the bench.
    In which was has Trubisky been better than Garoppolo this year?
    Donnie Jr. 2024

GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GiveHerBills is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lmfao

In which was has Trubisky been better than Garoppolo this year?
    Goal posts moving so much in this thread it's hilarious.

Somehow Shanahan's coaching LAST year impacts Mike Tomlin this year.
    Jimmy G has more experience than Trubustky now.
    Jimmy G in this thread is apparently Ben Roethlisberger who seems to be in his prime based on the critical loss to the Steelers this year.

And Bison calling out anyone for long posts is irony at its best. At least my books are factual football information not riddled with Timmy references and LMFAOs.

Pretty much the only way they can ignore them and pretend they didn't just get owned in these discussions.

LOL I'm still waiting for Timmy to "own me in the discussion" where he said he could read a defense better than Favre.

He screeched his head of til he cried himself to sleep, then swept his opinions under the rug.

LOL I'm still waiting for Timmy to "own me in the discussion" where he said he could read a defense better than Favre.

He screeched his head of til he cried himself to sleep, then swept his opinions under the rug.
    I thought you were just really stupid but I’m starting to think you’re also just full blown delusional on top of it.

Explains a lot honestly.