Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GiveHerBills View Post
    This is exactly what I told you like 3 weeks ago about SF. Surprise surprise they go 1-2 against teams that are actually good.

And how would SF look with their 1st and 2nd string QBs injured? THAT’S why Tomlin deserves COTY.
    What are you talking about? They wiped the floor with the Packers and lost their other two games to teams currently 10-2 by 3 points. Both games included missed FG kicks from their kickers and several key mistakes and injuries by the 49ers, especially the Seattle game when everything collapsed after they lost Sanders after already having Kittle out the whole game.

And Steelers aren't winning with their QB play. They're winning with their defense which was pretty chit until the Fitzpatrick trade was made...Tomlin had no impact on that.

As for how the 49ers would look with their backup QBs playing, I trust Kyle Shanahan much more to generate an offense than I do Mike Tomlin. Hell last season is exactly what happened to the 49ers and they had a better offense with less talent out there than what the Steelers do this year. Maybe if they had the Steelers defense last year or even the 49ers D this year they would've won a lot more games, including the 5 games they lost by 6 points or less.

Kyle Shanahan was key in rebuilding this 49ers team. Mike Tomlin is along for the ride with Colbert calling the shots like the Fitzpatrick trade.

iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post

You're a huge 49er homer, so it doesn't surprise me you think Shanahan is the clear cut winner at this point in time and completely dismiss anyone else. And just LOL at discrediting a defense for forcing 5 turnovers in a game. I don't give a fk how much they were outplayed, Pittsburgh did what they needed to to keep the game close.
    I'm a 49ers fan. I don't blindly claim all 49er coaches/players are the GOATS. There is a clear reason that I just gave you on why I consider Shanahan to be a front runner for COTY assuming they finish strong.

Mike Tomlin is getting credit for his team not falling apart but who have they beaten? 5 turnovers is great but I watched that game, did you? The 49ers were pretty much giving that ball to the Steelers. Both of Jimmy's picks went right off his receivers hands into the Steelers. The fumbles were just as bad - bad snap, Richie James running into the ball literally as the snap was coming out. The only clean turnover the Steelers got in that game was off a Mostert run.

And who cares about keeping the game close? Are you giving the 49ers credit for keeping the game close vs Baltimore? Seattle? No...those were loses. End of story.

As for the Steelers things may change but I'm sorry coaches shouldn't get COTY simply because they're wining without their starters from the year before. Things change in the NFL.

Now if they end up winning their remaining 4 games which include the Bills and Ravens then I may have to take my comment back as that would be pretty impressive. So far I'm not seeing it.

They have beaten two teams with non losing records this season.

Rams(7-5) - they beat them 17-12 at home.
    Colts(6-6) - they beat them 26-24 at home. Brian Hoyer playing most of the game with no TY Hilton.

They have the 24th offense in points scored and 28th in yards gained. Explain how losing Ben, Brown, Bell, etc is being accounted for by the coaching?

I'm sorry but I'd like to see more from a coaching staff than having their defense bail them out vs crap teams to hand out COTY honors.

Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Harbaugh>Tomlin>Shanahan

None of us really know what went down with the whole AB/Bell thing, but it clearly was the wrong choice to pay AB instead of Bell. Paying AB was thought by many to be a mistake at the time as well, and so, if Tomlin was part of that it’s not entirely fair to give him all the credit and none of of the blame.

Anyway, Tomlin is only relevant as COTY if Steelers make the playoffs.
    Real Madrid, Miami Heat, New York Jets.

Originally Posted by Brosnbroccoli View Post
    Harbaugh>Tomlin>Shanahan

None of us really know what went down with the whole AB/Bell thing, but it clearly was the wrong choice to pay AB instead of Bell. Paying AB was thought by many to be a mistake at the time as well, and so, if Tomlin was part of that it’s not entirely fair to give him all the credit and none of of the blame.

Anyway, Tomlin is only relevant as COTY if Steelers make the playoffs.
    Only one of those coaches you listed was key in building the team on the field this season and you have him as the worst one in the group.

Harbaugh & Tomlin are using the people someone else gave them and having other guys do the bulk of the work on each side of the ball. Shanahan completely rebuilt the team he took over from Chip Kelly, calls his own plays, an offensive mastermind and made the wise call to retain Saleh who everyone wanted gone after the last two years because he was playing the long game and understood the defense needed proper edge rushers to get to a legit level.

But yes, the last 4 weeks will put all the cards on the table.

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The coach who turned his team from 4-12 to 10-2 will get the award. All while doing so with his starting left tackle and right tackle missing significant playing time.

Yeah he didn't lose his #1 WR because he quite frankly never had one. Same for his #1 RB, he just plugs one in and they do the job.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    What are you talking about? They wiped the floor with the Packers and lost their other two games to teams currently 10-2 by 3 points. Both games included missed FG kicks from their kickers and several key mistakes and injuries by the 49ers, especially the Seattle game when everything collapsed after they lost Sanders after already having Kittle out the whole game.

And Steelers aren't winning with their QB play. They're winning with their defense which was pretty chit until the Fitzpatrick trade was made...Tomlin had no impact on that.

As for how the 49ers would look with their backup QBs playing, I trust Kyle Shanahan much more to generate an offense than I do Mike Tomlin. Hell last season is exactly what happened to the 49ers and they had a better offense with less talent out there than what the Steelers do this year. Maybe if they had the Steelers defense last year or even the 49ers D this year they would've won a lot more games, including the 5 games they lost by 6 points or less.

Kyle Shanahan was key in rebuilding this 49ers team. Mike Tomlin is along for the ride with Colbert calling the shots like the Fitzpatrick trade.
    This is a heck of a lot of cope.

1. Yes, that would be 1-2 my friend.

2. No chit Sherlock

3. Shanahan “earned” the #1 overall pick with a backup QB. Tomlin is actually in the playoff hunt. Quite a gap there.

Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jaydawg08 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's harbaugh, then Tomlin, then shanahan.. Carrol really should be considered but he won't since most people just assume that it's all Russel Wilson

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Houston we have a problem
    Not even close

bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    nah man fukc his dirty ass

How you gonna rip it like that son? I don't play that, cause its action, I go... pat, pat, pat 'cause i'm black son! That's right, i'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep.
    Doodle-it, doodle-it, doodle-it-doo!

This is a heck of a lot of cope.

1. Yes, that would be 1-2 my friend.

2. No chit Sherlock

3. Shanahan “earned” the #1 overall pick with a backup QB. Tomlin is actually in the playoff hunt. Quite a gap there.
    1. I assumed you were babbling about their 3 game stretch vs GB/Balt/NO. Last I checked they're 3-2 vs teams with winning records right now. If you're cherry picking which ones that's on you but in a thread talking about Tomlin should be the COTY can't exactly cherry pick that way.

2. So if they're winning off their defense which didn't lose but gained key players this season, something the GM went out and did and Tomlin gets to reap the benefits of it then why is he getting all this credit for winning without the guys lost on offense?

3. Shanahan "earned" the #2 overall pick, you're going to call people out at least check your chit first. And Shanahan came in and gutted a completely brutal team. Tomlin has had Colbert running the player acquisitions before he even got there. I'm sure if Shanahan had Pittsburgh defense from this season with the 49ers offense from last year they would've certainly won their share of games.

GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool

1. I assumed you were babbling about their 3 game stretch vs GB/Balt/NO. Last I checked they're 3-2 vs teams with winning records right now. If you're cherry picking which ones that's on you but in a thread talking about Tomlin should be the COTY can't exactly cherry pick that way.

2. So if they're winning off their defense which didn't lose but gained key players this season, something the GM went out and did and Tomlin gets to reap the benefits of it then why is he getting all this credit for winning without the guys lost on offense?

3. Shanahan "earned" the #2 overall pick, you're going to call people out at least check your chit first. And Shanahan came in and gutted a completely brutal team. Tomlin has had Colbert running the player acquisitions before he even got there. I'm sure if Shanahan had Pittsburgh defense from this season with the 49ers offense from last year they would've certainly won their share of games.
    1. If you took a second to READ, you would have seen where I said:

This is exactly what I told you like 3 weeks ago about SF. Surprise surprise they go 1-2 against teams that are actually good.

— are the 49ers 1-2 against winning teams since then? Sure seems like it.

2. The 49ers have a better defense lmao, and they are paying their QB ~$28 million a year. Tomlin’s got Delvin “who??” Hodges out there.

3. Oops, but regardless of my mistake Shanahan has a ton of top picks on that roster. When’s the last time Pittsburgh picked in the Top-5?

I’m more impressed with Tomlin, doesn’t mean Shanahan hasn’t done a fine job himself.

1. If you took a second to READ, you would have seen where I said:

— are the 49ers 1-2 against winning teams since then? Sure seems like it.

2. The 49ers have a better defense lmao, and they are paying their QB ~$28 million a year. Tomlin’s got Delvin “who??” Hodges out there.

3. Oops, but regardless of my mistake Shanahan has a ton of top picks on that roster. When’s the last time Pittsburgh picked in the Top-5?

I’m more impressed with Tomlin, doesn’t mean Shanahan hasn’t done a fine job himself.
    1. They're 2-1 in the last 3 weeks so I can't read your mind.
    1b. They lost both games by 3 points after missing field goals earlier in the game and in the case of Seattle in OT and it was their replacement kicker attempting it. Your idea that they're just beating up on crap teams doesn't fly or they would've gotten smashed by GB.

2. This year yes. Last year their defense was 28th/13 in points/yards allowed. Quite an improvement to this year no? Their offense last year was still way better than what the Steelers and Tomlin are putting out there with Nick "who" Mullens.

3. Having top 5 picks doesn't guarantee success. Check how many coaches Cleveland has gone through. Even the last two years when the team wasn't winning they were playing hard for Shanahan. Tomlin has always been overrated IMO. He took over a team one year off the SB win with most of the same talent they had from Cowher and Colbert has been the guy adding talent. He even took over the defensive coaches which have been a huge part of the success the Steelers have had over the recent years.

Shanahan basically went grocery shopping after making a list, put everything in the fridge, created the recipe and made a nice meal. Tomlin had someone order takeout, put it in the microwave and his contribution is not putting tin foil on top of it so it doesn't blow up.

Just a little chart based on where teams rank in terms of offense vs defense production as far as EPA. It's a little ugly since this one is also showing the adjustments of each team from week 12 to 13.

It does however show that 3 teams are in tiers of their own. Pats and 49ers are in elite D range. Ravens are in another stratosphere as far as offensive production goes. Note where the Steelers are.

I would say Harbaugh should be considered more of a COTY candidate than Tomlin.
    Last edited by iamgenus; 12-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Harbaugh [is] using the people someone else gave [him] and having other guys do the bulk of the work on each side of the ball.
    Explain please?

In reality the real COTY is determined in the playoffs.
    If 49’ers finish 14-2 but is bounced in their first PO game then it suddently seem ridiculous to give Shanahan the award (although he could obviously win it.)
    Real Madrid, Miami Heat, New York Jets.

Originally Posted by Brosnbroccoli View Post
    Explain please?

In reality the real COTY is determined in the playoffs.
    If 49’ers finish 14-2 but is bounced in their first PO game then it suddently seem ridiculous to give Shanahan the award (although he could obviously win it.)
    I'm pretty sure the voting happens before the playoffs or Belichick would keep winning it. I do agree talking about it now is a little pointless since 1/4 of the season is left to play.

But these awards have always been more regular season awards. Coaches tend to be rewarded for big turnarounds from year to year and I think Shanahan would certainly be a top candidate if the 49ers end up 14-2 since it means they finish as the top seed in the NFC.

If Ravens finish 14-2 and Lamar keeps playing like he has then is it such a great coaching job or just the MVP doing his thing? There has been a lot of talk about Greg Roman pushing the buttons on that offense. The defense technically is playing worse than last year at least in terms of the rankings across the league. They were 2/1 points/yards allowed on D last season, this year they're 5/9.

But back to your original question Ozzie Newsome has been hitting home runs for Ravens in talent acquisition since they became the Ravens.

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You make so many excuses for the 49er losses it's incredible. You mention how the 49ers lost to good teams by only 3 points, but when I mention Pittsburgh lost to the 49ers by 4 points, you make a bunch of excuses for why that happened and how bad the 49ers played and gifted them the turnovers to make it close. You don't get to cherry pick how you want to interpret close games.

You want the forum to validate the 49ers and their success this season when they've played scrub teams prior to the Seattle game and now that they've played good teams, they can't even put up a winning record against them. If you look up who the Packers have played, one could argue that they're not as great a team as their record shows.

Like I said, you're a 49er homer that will argue until he's blue in the face that Shanahan is the COTY while discrediting anyone else from the conversation which is why having this discussion with you is pointless.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would love to see it as a Steelers fan, but there are several good choices this year, so I'm not going to say he clearly should win it. I do love watching this Steelers team this year either way. They're winning not only without Ben, Bell, and AB, but also without the presumptive replacement for each of them. How many other teams wouldn't fall apart under similar circumstances? It's fun to see underdogs succeed. People were calling for Tomlin's head when they were 0-3, but in retrospect, losing to the Pats, Niners, and Seahawks doesn't look so bad (esp since 2 of the games were within 4 points...). Add in the Ravens OT loss, and 4 of their 5 losses were against 4 of the 5 top teams in the league and 3 of those 4 were by a TD or less. The only other loss happened when the Browns played the dirtiest game in the NFL in at least a decade.

You make so many excuses for the 49er losses it's incredible. You mention how the 49ers lost to good teams by only 3 points, but when I mention Pittsburgh lost to the 49ers by 4 points, you make a bunch of excuses for why that happened and how bad the 49ers played and gifted them the turnovers to make it close. You don't get to cherry pick how you want to interpret close games.

You want the forum to validate the 49ers and their success this season when they've played scrub teams prior to the Seattle game and now that they've played good teams, they can't even put up a winning record against them. If you look up who the Packers have played, one could argue that they're not as great a team as their record shows.

Like I said, you're a 49er homer that will argue until he's blue in the face that Shanahan is the COTY while discrediting anyone else from the conversation which is why having this discussion with you is pointless.
    I have nothing against you personally but you keep getting invovled in football discussions and you clearly can't hang when it's not related to the Pats.

It's called context.

This thread is talking about Tomlin being the COTY candidate. At this point they have beaten 1 team with a winning record in the Rams since the Colts just went down to 6-6.

The guy I was talking to(you seem to like jumping into the conversation but can't keep up with the flow) was implying the same thing could be said for the 49ers because they lost to Seattle and Ravens, somehow forgetting that they beat the very Steelers being talked about in here. Rams and GB.

The reason I bring up the 49ers close loses isn't to say they could've been wins, it's to dispute the idea that the 49ers are just beating up on chit teams. If that was the case they wouldn't even be in the game against those other teams.

I don't give a chit about the forum validating the 49ers because it doesn't change a thing but you asked and I gave you the facts. The 49ers are one of the elite teams in the NFL, their point differential is 166.

The Steelers point differential? 11
    Seattle? 36
    Saints? 50

Only the Ravens and Pats have a higher point differential right now with 187 and 177 and that's with the 49ers having 2 losses and 2 close games with Arizona out of the last 5 weeks.

So while you may not be impressed by them or just be butthurt at this point because you've gotten called out for your stupid analysis after a short week division game the numbers and results speak for themselves. Things can change in the next 4 games but as I told you after that Arizona game...regardless of what happens moving forward with the 49ers they were an elite team who have been very impressive in their games and there are very logical reasons for why Shanahan should be COTY.

inb4 you claim tl;dr but if you want to chime in then be prepared to get called on your chit and if you notice I didn't mention Shanahan in my original post. I would put several other coaches before Tomlin.

Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have nothing against you personally but you keep getting invovled in football discussions and you clearly can't hang when it's not related to the Pats.

It's called context.

This thread is talking about Tomlin being the COTY candidate. At this point they have beaten 1 team with a winning record in the Rams since the Colts just went down to 6-6.

The guy I was talking to(you seem to like jumping into the conversation but can't keep up with the flow) was implying the same thing could be said for the 49ers because they lost to Seattle and Ravens, somehow forgetting that they beat the very Steelers being talked about in here. Rams and GB.

The reason I bring up the 49ers close loses isn't to say they could've been wins, it's to dispute the idea that the 49ers are just beating up on chit teams. If that was the case they wouldn't even be in the game against those other teams.

I don't give a chit about the forum validating the 49ers because it doesn't change a thing but you asked and I gave you the facts. The 49ers are one of the elite teams in the NFL, their point differential is 166.

The Steelers point differential? 11
    Seattle? 36
    Saints? 50

Only the Ravens and Pats have a higher point differential right now with 187 and 177 and that's with the 49ers having 2 losses and 2 close games with Arizona out of the last 5 weeks.

So while you may not be impressed by them or just be butthurt at this point because you've gotten called out for your stupid analysis after a short week division game the numbers and results speak for themselves. Things can change in the next 4 games but as I told you after that Arizona game...regardless of what happens moving forward with the 49ers they were an elite team who have been very impressive in their games and there are very logical reasons for why Shanahan should be COTY.

inb4 you claim tl;dr but if you want to chime in then be prepared to get called on your chit and if you notice I didn't mention Shanahan in my original post. I would put several other coaches before Tomlin.
    The Rams are 7-5, and the 49ers were 4-12 last year in a similar situation with their top 2 QBs, RBs, and WRs all hurt/gone.

Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Humungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If Ravens finish 14-2 and Lamar keeps playing like he has then is it such a great coaching job or just the MVP doing his thing? There has been a lot of talk about Greg Roman pushing the buttons on that offense.
    Yeah, Harbaugh doesn't actually do much coaching he's more of a CEO. It's all Lamar. Harbaugh just defers to his coordinators and Roman deserves any of the credit (but again it's Lamar) for customizing the offense/coming up with blocking schemes/playing to his strengths.

Originally Posted by Jayarbie View Post
    The Rams are 7-5, and the 49ers were 4-12 last year in a similar situation with their top 2 QBs, RBs, and WRs all hurt/gone.
    Their defense was nowhere near what the Steelers have this year though.

This year they’ve been able to deal with nearly as many key injuries as the Steelers and have the better season with higher point differential.

Shanahan has pretty much brought in 90% of this 49ers roster and is literally our OC. And we keep being told that Jimmy G isn’t very good so why shouldn’t Kyle get credit for what he’s doing?

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This year they’ve been able to deal with nearly as many key injuries as the Steelers and have the better season with higher point differential.

Shanahan has pretty much brought in 90% of this 49ers roster and is literally our OC. And we keep being told that Jimmy G isn’t very good so why shouldn’t Kyle get credit for what he’s doing?
    WTF are you saying? 49ers haven't had the same type or amount of injuries as the Steelers this season. 49ers have their QB, they got their WR1 in Sanders, they have the best TE in the league (maybe 2nd best), they have solid RBs and have one of the best defenses in the league. Comparing point differential is absolutely stupid. Steelers are working with a 3rd string QB, 2nd and 3rd string RBs, no name WRs and you expect them to compete in point diff? Don't be stupid.

Shanahan last season without Jimmy G went 4-12 and didn't have a chance at the playoffs. Steelers with way less offensive weapons are still competing for a playoff spot when no one would have thought they would be. Shanahan is a good coach, but it's clear that the jump from 4-12 to 10-2 so far this season is because he has talent on both sides of the ball now, not because he's turning nothing into something.
    New England Patriot

dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This list ignores BB since he should win every year.

1. Harbaugh
    2. Shanahan
    3. Payton

This Tomlin talk is absurd. The team is 7-5 without a single quality win. The only team they beat that is over .500 are the Rams. It's not hard to have a winning record when your schedule includes the Dolphins, Browns 2x, and Bengals 2x. If you want to anoint a coach for doing more with less, then what argument does Tomlin have over Frank Reich?

Thumbs up

1. They're 2-1 in the last 3 weeks so I can't read your mind.
    1b. They lost both games by 3 points after missing field goals earlier in the game and in the case of Seattle in OT and it was their replacement kicker attempting it. Your idea that they're just beating up on crap teams doesn't fly or they would've gotten smashed by GB.

2. This year yes. Last year their defense was 28th/13 in points/yards allowed. Quite an improvement to this year no? Their offense last year was still way better than what the Steelers and Tomlin are putting out there with Nick "who" Mullens.

3. Having top 5 picks doesn't guarantee success. Check how many coaches Cleveland has gone through. Even the last two years when the team wasn't winning they were playing hard for Shanahan. Tomlin has always been overrated IMO. He took over a team one year off the SB win with most of the same talent they had from Cowher and Colbert has been the guy adding talent. He even took over the defensive coaches which have been a huge part of the success the Steelers have had over the recent years.

Shanahan basically went grocery shopping after making a list, put everything in the fridge, created the recipe and made a nice meal. Tomlin had someone order takeout, put it in the microwave and his contribution is not putting tin foil on top of it so it doesn't blow up.

Just a little chart based on where teams rank in terms of offense vs defense production as far as EPA. It's a little ugly since this one is also showing the adjustments of each team from week 12 to 13.

It does however show that 3 teams are in tiers of their own. Pats and 49ers are in elite D range. Ravens are in another stratosphere as far as offensive production goes. Note where the Steelers are.

I would say Harbaugh should be considered more of a COTY candidate than Tomlin.
    This could quite possibly be the worst attempt at defending an argument I have ever seen.

But anyways, no amount of cope will cover up the fact that Tomlin is in the playoff hunt with his backup QB(s) this season and Shanahan managed a whopping 4 wins with his starting QB out last season. I don’t think Shanahan taking a roster full of top-5 picks and a $28 million QB to a WC spot is more impressive than what Tomlin is doing.

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WTF are you saying? 49ers haven't had the same type or amount of injuries as the Steelers this season. 49ers have their QB, they got their WR1 in Sanders, they have the best TE in the league (maybe 2nd best), they have solid RBs and have one of the best defenses in the league. Comparing point differential is absolutely stupid. Steelers are working with a 3rd string QB, 2nd and 3rd string RBs, no name WRs and you expect them to compete in point diff? Don't be stupid.

Shanahan last season without Jimmy G went 4-12 and didn't have a chance at the playoffs. Steelers with way less offensive weapons are still competing for a playoff spot when no one would have thought they would be. Shanahan is a good coach, but it's clear that the jump from 4-12 to 10-2 so far this season is because he has talent on both sides of the ball now, not because he's turning nothing into something.
    Niners have been without their 2 starting tackles the majority of the season. Loss their best LB early on. Lets not act like they have been in full health. What Tomlin has done is impressive and he deserves to be in the conversation but maybe just maybe Tomlin has a decent roster too aside from not having Big Ben.

Not many teams make a jump from 4-12 to playoffs in one season.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

Originally Posted by Miked1978 View Post
    Niners have been without their 2 starting tackles the majority of the season. Loss their best LB early on. Lets not act like they have been in full health. What Tomlin has done is impressive and he deserves to be in the conversation but maybe just maybe Tomlin has a decent roster too aside from not having Big Ben.

Not many teams make a jump from 4-12 to playoffs in one season.
    You're missing the point.

Tomlin without his starting QB, RB, WR1, multiple WRs, CB, DE etc is 7-5 and fighting for a playoff spot
    Shanahan without his starting QB last year went 4-12

Tomlin is doing more with less in comparison to Shanahan last season.
    New England Patriot

HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol you guys are fukin ****s. you're acting like i voted for tomlin. i simply asked the question. if you're mad that i didn't include your guy in my original post you can suk my fukin dik. you all are a bunch of crybaby wah wah women.
    Houston Sign Stealers
    DEMECO RYANS HC CREW
    Ugly Ass Mf Crew
    Manlet Crew
    Texas Crew
    just be yourself
    just have confidence

XOTWOD CREW

"Nearly as many injuries"?!? LOL. The Steelers lost their franchise QB in game 2. The Niners QB hasn't missed a game. It's not the quantity of injuries that matters if you lose your starting QB. Look at the Niners. They only managed 4 wins without Garoppolo last year.

Originally Posted by Jayarbie View Post
    "Nearly as many injuries"?!? LOL. The Steelers lost their franchise QB in game 2. The Niners QB hasn't missed a game. It's not the quantity of injuries that matters if you lose your starting QB. Look at the Niners. They only managed 4 wins without Garoppolo last year.
    The Steelers were 0-2 and getting blown out in their two games with Roethlisberger. Why are we acting like he was Ben in his prime?

I know fully well how much it hurts to lose your QB in this day and age but Rudolph was their "first round talent" in the 2nd round guy who they were grooming to replace Ben.

My point in this whole thread has been that

1. The reason for the Steelers winning has been their defense. A defense which gained a huge part of it in a trade completed by their long time GM - not Tomlin. A defense that has been coordinated by another coach, not Tomlin.

2. At this point they have 1 win over a team with a winning record this season and that was the Rams at Pittsburgh. The score was 17 to 12 which included 9 points scored by the Rams via defensive scores and also included a Fitzpatrick fumble return TD.

That's my point. Them not totally collapsing is impressive it could've certainly happened but I don't see any reason to give credit to Tomlin for keeping the team afloat when it's the defense doing the heavy lifting.

The Steelers were 0-2 and getting blown out in their two games with Roethlisberger. Why are we acting like he was Ben in his prime?

I know fully well how much it hurts to lose your QB in this day and age but Rudolph was their "first round talent" in the 2nd round guy who they were grooming to replace Ben.

My point in this whole thread has been that

1. The reason for the Steelers winning has been their defense. A defense which gained a huge part of it in a trade completed by their long time GM - not Tomlin. A defense that has been coordinated by another coach, not Tomlin.

2. At this point they have 1 win over a team with a winning record this season and that was the Rams at Pittsburgh. The score was 17 to 12 which included 9 points scored by the Rams via defensive scores and also included a Fitzpatrick fumble return TD.

That's my point. Them not totally collapsing is impressive it could've certainly happened but I don't see any reason to give credit to Tomlin for keeping the team afloat when it's the defense doing the heavy lifting.
    Tomlin is a defensive guy to start with, and the head coach is involved in the whole team. It doesn't matter if it's the offense or defense rescuing the team, it's the head coach's job to bring all phases of the game together.

As far as Rudolph goes, he was drafted in the middle of the third round, so the only people who considered him a "first round talent" were some pundits (apparently, I don't remember that kind of hype with him at all). Not only that, they're now winning with a UDFA FCS rookie. Is he a "first round talent" too? Again, when the Niners were faced with a similar situation last year, they were 4-12.

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is a fun thread, lol.

49ers fans vs. Sports Misc.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>